How do you feel about the fact that you're going to die eventually and it's inevitable? (There's no way to escape it)

How do you feel about the fact that you're going to die eventually and it's inevitable? (There's no way to escape it).

pretty good

feelsgoodman

As long as trump keeps those traitorous dems in thier place, I feel pretty good

Don’t care. That’s future me’s problem.

I love it. Not in the edge lord faggot way either.
Death is just beautiful. It makes life have meaning. You need to get your kicks in before the screen goes black.
Idk if OP just randomly asked this or has some existentialism hes dealing with but if its the latter let me know and ill throw my thoughts in

How do you feel about the fact that you will take a breathe while reading this reply? These are facts, user. Not much to feel about it. Don't think about it and enjoy your life while you exist.

it can't come soon enough

I feel like im doomed to live forever. 60-70 more years of hell might as well be eternity

thank god. maybe ill finally wake up out of this simulation and go party with my bros out in reality

I've never cared because it doesn't matter.

I don't like it, but as you say it's inevitable. Just don't think about it.

Aside from the pain of death? I don't give a fuck anymore. I used to be afraid of it but honestly? Over the course of the last 3 years my entire family has died... If there IS such a thing as "the other side" ...? I'd like to join them... life sucks without them. I miss my Mom the most... she was my world. :(

I get that it kinda sucks that it'll all be over one day, but don't think you'd eventually grow bored otherwise? Also this kind of existentialism can be used for good. Nothing matters. You're gonna eat right, work out, and die anyway, so just enjoy it right? Do whatever the fuck you want (well, maybe not Whatever) cause in a few years you won't be here. This kind of freedom in realization is better than its given due

Pretty pissed off. Our life span is extremely short, you get a few chances at happiness and before you know it 20 is 30, then 35, etc. It's ridiculous and unfair, especially since it's extremely easy to die without any particular cause. You could have a brain aneurysm and just die right there and then. Regardless if you take care of yourself all your life, you can die at literally any moment.

>Our life span is extremely short
Compared to what? A tree? Fuck off, you have plenty of time.

We don't know what's waiting for us. Think this will be a wild ride

I feel like finding a way to sustain myself biologically permanently.

Who knows maybe in the future we will be able to escape it, uploaded consciousness to VR, cryogenics, who knows. Gives me hope.

better than the idea of my parents dying.

I am at peace with my own death. But I don't wanna see my parents die...

:(

Plenty of time to do what?

And him

can't come soon enough

And her

My Mom died 8 months ago... was the worst thing I have ever had to endure... My Mom and I were always super close and I was proud to call her my best friend.

All I can say.. treasure your parents while you can.. they won't be here forever.

See, thinking about these kinds of things has a negative effect on my nervous system so I try not to. It hurts me physically and mentally.

lol no. no one even knows what consciousness is.

I literally don't understand what these are supposed to mean.

My entire family died too and got pinned to a wall in some kind of sadistic display for people's entertainment

I imagine that for alot of people it causes much anxiety, having learned to meditate when I was young and being able to reach the void, I can tell there's nothing to worry about you'll readjust to this seemingly new environment review your life and then reincarnate back to our training school

You sound young. Give it a few years of pain, you'll wish for death.

You would probably enjoy the b-rate movie called The Butterfly Room.

Plenty of time for?? You were saying? Good job on ignoring 90% of what I said.

Yeah, everyone is fairly light hearted about death.
I nearly died two years ago with multiple organ failure. I still need a new heart which I'm unlikely to get and I take 20 pills every day to stay alive. I have approximately 3 years to live. I've had time to contemplate what death means and believe me when I say you don't take it so light heartedly when you face it for real.

I've made my peace with it. Have worked in emergency medicine, taught me that we could all go at any moment, when we least expect it, and sometimes in stupid ways.
If I'm hit by a car tomorrow or die of cancer in 60 years time in not bothered either way.

Sorry to hear that.

That's the key, once we figure that out immortality should become very possible.

That was my 2nd cousin actually. Kind of a jerk, but whatever, he got the movie deal

part of me is jimmyrustled b/c of your sheer autism and lack of empathy but the dead side of me can only lol because this is vintage Sup Forums right here

Sucks serious dick

Very witty.

Yup, very few can understand what you're saying. Having to face the reality that you will cease to exist in the near future whether you like it or not is haunting.

you have my sympathy, user. Really.

I hope to be as strong as you when the time comes.

be happy your family's dead. you have no ties. you can do and be whatever the fuck you want. I don't necessarily wish my family was dead I just wish I was far away from them and never had to talk to them again or something.

>That's the key, once we figure that out immortality should become very possible.

Not really.
It's like the concept of the "Transporter" on Star Trek.
You're molecularity dissolved and then reconstituted.
Basically, YOU are killed and a fully functional copy is created. The copy may be indistinguishable from you. But it isn't you. You're dead.

Godspeed user. Hope at least the pain subsides.
What does one do with that amount of time left? Do you continue now as everything were normal and plan a party the last few months? Or is basically everything you do now done with a senioritis mentality? Does the sun feel any different?

The sooner the better.

Shit is taking too long

Thank you, user. I appreciate the kindness, esp here on Sup Forums where kindness is very rarely given.

That being said... I don't know if you can call me strong or not. I have cried more in the last 8 months than I have in all 39 years of my life combined... Losing my Mom gutted me. I guess maybe a part of me is strong because i'm still here... I definitely don't want to be. I think the only reason I haven't joined my Mom is because I know she wouldn't want me to do that. I just miss her terribly... I always will for as long as I have left on this earth.

I can't be happy about them being dead. My Mom and I were very close. I could never be happy that she is dead. The other family members I lost I wasn't as close to.. but they all were a huge part of my life when I was a kid. I'd never be happy about them being dead.

I was always very family oriented... so it's hard for me to go on without them. I can see how some people would welcome it, not everyone has a close-knit family.

Well, sorry you lost people you cared about user. Sometimes I forget normal people don't wish they were far away from their families.

It’s one thing to be staring death in the face. For those of us who aren’t dying before next Christmas, living in fear of death is just a waste of life. You can either be afraid of something inevitable or you can live your goddamn life. It’s a pretty easy decision.

Feels good because going to have a nice funeral with a nice wooden casket

Relieved. I have bipolar disorder and have never found meds that work. I can function but it's exhausting.

>normal people
Calm your tits edgelord. Hating your family doesn’t make you trendy

I welcome death and hope it finds me quick. I'm not sure how long I can stand this shit

>implying its bad to begin with

I hear you and wish you all the best, hope the pain goes away and things feel better shortly.
Have to say I'm with this guy though just have zero connection to my family. Never have, never will. I can fake it but meh, just not feeling the love for them. Have very valid reasons though.

Again, I wish you the best mate. Be happy you had good times together. She's still with you.

Next fall seems to be the first realistic date for me, and then a year after that, can't explain why b/c don't want to ruin anything but those dates are realistic...and i feel ya, it's like time has stopped completely. I tell myself every day I could always hang myself but then I also keep telling myself that I won't have the willpower to go through with it and I've been thus choosing not to hang myself. But, it's fun to dream about the other side and seeing that I have a very vivid imagination I'm sorta having fun putting myself into the real near future where my consciousness no longer dwells in this world. I always imagine that everyone else on Sup Forums will just continue shitposting, for decades even.

Thanks user. I appreciate that. I never wished to be away from my family because we were always close when I was a kid. My Mom being the one I was ALWAYS close with. it devastated me when she passed away. It was only 8 months ago. I'm still not ok. Not sure I ever will be.

That being said, some times I WISH I wasn't close with family because then it wouldn't hurt that they're gone. I kind of envy people that AREN'T close with their family for that reason.

I actually take pretty good comfort in that. Not existing sounds pretty good. I get pretty tired of trying to exist pretty frequently.

I never insinuated that that's what made me not normal, and I'm not trying to be 'trendy' you dick.

You won't know when you're dead just like you can't remember before you were born. There's no point on fearing death, but there is one to living a long life.

I don't really think about it to be honest.

When I do, I figure by the time I die, I'll probably be ready to go.

>not trying to be trendy
Ok

the older you get the easier it is to accept

thinking about that as a kid was the worst and I naturally avoided the thought because i new it was bad but never talked about it

>Be happy you had good times together. She's still with you.
Thank you for saying that. I appreciate that more than you know. The good times are what I indeed try to remember. I think back on them daily. And the bit about you saying shes still with me? It's almost ironic you say that because when she was still alive? She once told me that she would always be with me, even when shes gone. I try to remember that.

Thank you again...

Not unlikely that we will find ways to stop and even reverse aging. Google Aubrey de Grey.
Immortality is not impossible. You just have to fund the research.

Being dead is no problem. You did not exist for billions of years. And every night you fall asleep, losing consciousness. You could be replaced by an artificial body, your original body could be killed, and if the body is a sufficiently good copy of you, it would be you waking up.

The problem with death is the time you are alive. Losing others, knowing that you will, knowing that you will die.

What is your last thought going to be?

thrilling

Bless you

Lately my anxiety levels have been really high, constantly think I'm about to drop dead, always lock my computer when I walk away from it incase I drop dead, often get chest pains and convince myself I'm having a heart attack, I'm only 24.

How do I stop living in worry and anxiety and make the most of life?

Seriously considering a anti-anxiety pills at this point.

I can't come to terms with the fact that when we die that we're gone forever. It's stupid but I believe our atoms spread into the universe and reform into some other life form with no memory of previous lives

You didn't actually come to terms with anything because you don't know if that's actually going to happen. For all you know you could go to hell and take satans dick in your ass for all of eternity or live in a peaceful afterlife.

What you should come to terms with is that nobody actually knows what's going to happen. You COULD be gone forever, or maybe your 'soul' is eternal.

>it would be you waking up
Consciousness isn’t just not transferable, it’s an illusion. We’re nothing more than a mix of patterned action potentials. The “mind” part of the mind-brain dichotomy is just an extension of the realization that neural activity is occurring. We can influence some neurological phenomena with other neurological phenomena but the part of us that we consider the “self” doesn’t exist. It’s a heuristic embedded into the human brain’s natural structure to be better adapted to the decision making process.

>soul
See

The American Civil Rights movement was a mistake.

>All I can say.. treasure your parents while you can.. they won't be here forever.

Speak for yourself. My mum is an utter cuntpig and my dad is a violent, boozy asshole. Can't wait for the deaths of both of them.

Stout

Revel in your time...

delet this

This thought has fucked with me over the years but the older I get the more I come to terms with it. My plan is to live happy, be healthy, Jack off, and die in my bed. (I hope to use dignitas)

>it's inevitable
why worry then?

I welcome it.
Perhaps on the next time I will get a fully functioning body and mind.

Hopefully, it will be soon enough.
I'd fucking kill myself already, but I guess I'm such a pussy I can't even do that right.

Half of what you said is a massive pretentious opinion. You don't know if consciousness is transferable or not, no one does at the moment. Your conclusion of what the "self" actually is is also entirely your own opinion. I could say the "self" is a stage in a play where different emotions are introduced to the stage throughout its lifespan. Or the "self" is you as a child, adolescent, then evolving into an adult. What is the "self"? It's your opinion, or mine, or anyone's. Stop saying the definition of a philosophical concept is your opinion alone, because it isn't.

Relief

Existential chrisis or you need better sleep, to get out and exercise

I'd like a nice cock in my ass

The Gods envy the mortals.

> Consciousness isn’t just not transferable, it’s an illusion.

One hears that pretty often - but what entity is tricked by the illusion? Do you see consciousness as an illusion that tricks itself?

I can't even describe it. I'm afraid of that so much that I have panic attacks sometimes.

>die eventually and it's inevitable
this always makes me laugh, by the end of this century, we will have memory pods and will live forever

True. But if we could copy the information, which is the structure of the brain (setting functions), we would copy the person.

i love you all

I could care nothing for death, it would either bring me to the afterlife or I'd be reborn.

Death is something that shouldn't be feared, it's a natural part of life, like being born.