What would you consider to be the biggest sports chokejob of all time?

I would have to say the Falcons just recently allowing 31 unanswered points in the Superb Owl to the Pats.

I could also say 7-1 but I personally don't know how good that German team was going in. Just pottery that Brazil loses in their home Olympics in such terrific fashion.

Honorable mention to the 2004 ALCS with the Yankees blowing their three game lead against the Sox

18-1

It has to be this. A single game choke is bad, but blowing a 3 game lead in a 7 game series? I don't think that's ever happened in sports history outside of that.

43-42

When you look at the whole season, sure, but just looking at the game, I wouldnt call it a choke per se. It was always close and there was no real collapse. All the other games mentioned have featured total and utter collapses. 7-1 is probably not a choke, because that game was never competitive.

t. Boston

Both teams in one game

Neverkusen 2002

It was a triple choke within 3 weeks, no other sports team in history managed to achieve that.

probably not the biggest but the funniest

The Yankees collapsing when up 3-0 to the sawx

t. jew york

i would say 18-1 is the biggest considering that patriots team was considered the best team of all time, but i can't believe no one has mentioned the based LeGod coming back from 3-1 against the "best NBA team of all time"

I only know /hoc/ history. LA coming back against the Oilers is definitely a contender. Montreal had a regular season choke a couple years ago where they went from near the top of the league to missing the playoffs. The >laffs are in the middle of a century-long cup drought, which is pretty impressive.

It sounds like the Superb Owl was worse in terms of one team blowing a lead in a single game than anything in recent hockey history desu.

The 2013 Americas Cup where NZ was up 8-1 (9 to win) and then lost EIGHT IN A ROW to lose the cup to Oracle.

It's the oldest trophy in international sport and NZ manages to lose 8 in a row and loses the Cup when they only needed 1 to win

Choking away a lead in a few hours is one thing, to choke away a massive lead on match point over the course of a week takes a special talent

CL final 1999
CL final 2005

Inter in Serie A 01/02

The Bruins have had a few disgusting chokes too in their history.

Run down on this?

Mike Tyson losing to Buster Douglas was a pretty major choke.

16-1

>Lebron 2011 finals
he was buttfucked by a 50yr old dirk and a 45yr old jet with a super stacked team

Warriors blew a 3-1 lead

This little diddy right here
>it was 3-0

not of all time but snakebite wright had 6 (six) match darts to win the premier league yesterday, choked massively, you could even hear him choke, and then flopped in the last leg super badly.

Atlanta Failcons.

To be fair, 18-1 was the GOAT game. But it wasn't necesarily a choke, Brady losing by 3. And that Warriors game, fucking Silver banned Drayboon @ home. Warriors wouldve won in 5.

All they had to do was run the clock out. Especially that 3th and like 5, and then run in and get sacked out of field goal range that couldve made it a two posession game.

PSGvQatarlona was also really bad.

1950 world cup final, slightly beats out 7-1

Don't forget that they actually did win another stage but were outside the time or something so it didn't count

7-1 wasn't a choke, just a straight up massacre. That Brazil NT was fucking awful and was lucky to go as far as they did.

Golden State finished the regular season with a 73-9 record, then reached the finals, went 3-1 with 2 home games left and blew it; having the unanimous back-to-back MVP on their side

It will always be 18-1. It created Sup Forums.

Next, maybe Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead because they went 73-9. Or, the 2011 World Series.

18-1

#parttimedentist #englel

Anyone who says Falcons-Pats is a Boston fan trying to deflect shame from 18-1. That said, the Warriors 3-1 choke is definitely the biggest one of all time, they had 3 opportunities to win ONE GAME and couldnt'

This, honorable second place to 18-1

17 seconds

I'm a sharks hockey fan and we lost 4 games in a row to our rivals the Kings in a seven game series up 3-0. It was the worst feeling. I didn't watch hockey for 2 years afterward.

Toyota at le Mans last year

Barca 6 - Psg 1

Texas high school playoff game

It's worth a watch

Benifica 2013 - losing the league and europa league back 2 back from goals scored at min 92 lel

Nothing compares to the Maracanazo, don't even try. That upset changed football culture forever.

I'm wanna throw up

did any suicides happen in lisboa after that