This album is fucking bullshit and you all know it. "B-b-but muh 5 and 7 time signatures" fuck off...

This album is fucking bullshit and you all know it. "B-b-but muh 5 and 7 time signatures" fuck off. Its like the poster child example for what happens when you think more about if you could rather than if you should.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/58nPEe-TU-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm glad they did, sorry you can't enjoy it

>Its like the poster child example for what happens when you think more about if you could rather than if you should.

What did he mean by this?

What the fuck is enjoyable about any of this?

the vocals lyrics melodies harmonies and rhythms
and the way it's played

No one cares if you don't enjoy it, that's not really the point.

>"B-b-but muh 5 and 7 time signatures" fuck off

kekkk

Veteran's Day Poppy is enjoyable.

hi vox

It's just a ridiculous, fun album. Don't take it too serious

This.

>all these posts about tmr come right after fucking Vox makes a normie video about it

i love imagining someone listening to this album and just sitting there being visibly angry, "i just don't GET IT, all these people are lying to themselves!!!!!"

Threads like this one are posted at least once a day and have been for years

>

I actually found renewed interest in this album and finally listened to it after the vox video, leading me to make this thread. kek

This. Can confirm.

But how is it even fun? I feel like tearing my hair out when I listen to it.

The performances are energetic and electrifying, and despite how atonal it is, I find it very catchy, in a quirky way.

The album is very aware of how ridiculous and bombastic it sounds, so much so that it's hilarious sometimes.

jurassic park

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Trout Mask Replica.

>WAAAAHHHHH I DONT LIEK THING :(((((( SO THAT MEANS EVERYOBODY SHOULD HATE IT! HAHAHA YES, BRB I'M GOING TO POST MY USELESS OPINION ON A SHITTY WEBSITE
Yawn. Kill yourself, OP. Stick to your shitty and boring classical music for oldfarts.

Vox watcher get out

I don't know. Guess you'll never get it. I've always loved it, and when I dig into it I love it more. But maybe its one of those you do or don't.

Also way to admit your a vox nigger who doesnt know anything

tl;dr everything I don't like is pretentious
OP you're the only pretentious one i see

>Blindly assuming what music OP likes just because he dislikes TMR
Now that's the wrong way to do it.
Let's try it this way:

What do you like, OP?

I feel like the 5 and 7 time signatures have been highlighted in the OP because OP watched this Vox video that was released recently:

youtu.be/58nPEe-TU-w

So you admit you're normie garbage who was presented with legitimate music theory as to why someone might like this album, but since you "don't get it" therefore NO ONE gets it

It's just a blues album with funky riffs and an interesting approach to instrumentation and songwriting. If you don't like ella guru, sugar n spikes, moonlight on vermont, pachuco cadaver and veterans day poppy, you have no soul.

Take the pleb pill to Trout Mask

there are moments on this album that really get me, then there are other moments that just sound like he just mashed random shit together, even though i know he spent a lot of time on this

how the hell do you explain whats enjoyable about hearing something?

t. Cognitive dissonance

I unironically have had frownland stuck in my head for the past two days

all normies exposed and on suicide watch

>rips person for liking old fart music
>defends ~50 year old album

heroic levels of irony

I don't know why are there people hating this album. Even my mother likes it and doesn't listen to ""weird"" music lmao

thanks for sharing the image, me too

no matter how bad your life is it will never be as bad as this album

Yes, I realize my life won't be as great as one of the best rock albums, what's your point?

dont get me wrong, the album is an utter disaster. but thats what makes it so enjoyable. its an eclectic mess, but its energetic, noisy, chaotic, and incredibly fun. also the more conventional melodies that it does have are fucking awesome.

Who's Vox?

adda boy