Series of Unfortunate Events

Series of Unfortunate Events.

Coming this January motherfuckers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6hlNVt-STn4
youtube.com/watch?v=IMlkSMbYiAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I saw that movie. I thought it was dumb, but I was also 20 and not 12

The movie is terrible. I read the books as a teenager and it turned me into a cynical piece of shit for the rest of my life. They're still worth a read if you're older honestly.

The movie was more family friendly and needed to have peaceful ending.

So excited for this.

Doesn't look scary to me though maybe if he was taller I'd be scared

just recently finished reading all of them, honestly favorite books series ever
I'm pretty psyched about the show

Oh shit. I just realized if it gets popular then my ankle eye tattoo will be normalfag tier.

how old are you?

24 year old loser Walmart employee

>The movie is terrible
Pleb. It's a top tier family film.

Not if you were a teenager super excited to see your favorite grimdark teen novel adapted to film. That fucking montage at the end pissed me off so much.

Jim Carey was fucking perfect though. NPH is a really good choice too.

Why is Poe a nigger?

Was his race even described in the books?

Literally for diversity's sake. I'm not bothered by it. Poe is a bumbling retard. It's going to backfire hard.

Looks like some kind of jew judging by the nose.

Are those canon, or was that just Brett Helquist taking artistic license since their races weren't described?

They were children's novels though, weren't they? Besides, you can get away with much more in a book than you can in a film - you don't see Young Adult adaptions having the gore of the books for example.

The montage at the end is out of place, but the film still had plenty of black humour throughout, not to mention they kept the stuff about the guardian's deaths in. The books also got ridiculous and had breaks from grimdark, like spending a book in a submarine, and Olaf dressing up as a pregnant woman.

Jim Carrey was great. I'm not bothered by NPH's casting, but I thought he looked rather odd in the trailer.

If anything, they can take it as canon until they decide to change something appearance-wise. illustrations mostly exist to stir up people's imaginations if their too boring to picture what's being described.

I don't know if I'd call them kids books. An entire hotel containing almost every character burns to the ground at one point.

NPH does look weird. It's the nose. They made it too bulbous.

>An entire hotel containing almost every character burns to the ground at one point.
lmao, I forgot about that. I feel I should reread them since I've forgotten so much, but then I don't have time for books I'm interested in, let alone re-reading kid books. Hopefully this TV series will help me remember.

I vaguely remember the children making friends with people at the boarding school, then they'd make an occasional appearance. Then they all tried escaping with some man in a hot-air balloon, but only the other two made it. Did they end up dying, or was that the end?

I thought they were aimed at kids though? I mean they were dark so maybe you'd say teens, but with kids in mind. Not 5 year olds mind you.

Whatever The Great Unknown is got them. I don't think anyone ever figured out what that was. That was the giant "?" that came up on the sonar.

This Poe was a dumbass so I agree with what the director is trying to say about them folk

I completely forgot about The Great Unknown

>For obvious reasons, not much is known about The Great Unknown, except that it slithers about like a snake.
kek

I also forgot Carmelita was in the hotel during the fire :^)

The series is indeed for kids, although it can be rather grim at times.

post feet

a new era of cunnykino

Can't wait for this show to come. Its shaping up to be great

youtube.com/watch?v=6hlNVt-STn4

youtube.com/watch?v=IMlkSMbYiAw

REALLY?

In the books do they describe her as having DSL or is this just a coincidence?

>getting a tattoo even a cool one
you should have known

Neil Patrick Harris tries way too hard. Jim Carrey was much more convincing in that part.

She was my crush , dem lips, that smooth white skin. A CUTIE.

If you were still reading those books as a teen then you were one of the "slow" kids. They are far below any teenager's reading level.

Same.

I want to cover those soles with my love

the series hadn't finished yet you nincompoop so you were still interested in the story arc. I started reading in 4th grade and I remember the last book coming out when I was in 10th grade maybe?

Tell me about Lemony Snicket.

And I don't mean the author IRL because the author in the book would insert himself throughout the series so he was obviously a character.

Was he a spy like the Baudelaire parents, relative, member of Olaf?

Carrey looked the part, but the silliness that he exerted got stupidly annoying and i never remember the book Olaf being so wacky. I guess it worked for a decent family flick, though.

>nincompoop
Not that I think you're wrong, but I have never heard someone say this seriously.

I hate it when young actor tries to play much older man, but forgets to hunch his back like old people do, that kinda reminded me how in Prometheus Guy Pearce played 90+ years old man with perfect posture

This. Many book audiences had to deal with the same shit for Harry Potter franchise as well.

t. old guy

Nph isnt that young and The Count isnt that old.
They coulda made him alot taller though.

The Count was an actor though. He was pretending to be the Count and pretending to be old

He was Mrs. Baudelaire's ex lover.

It was a thing to do with childhood friends. We used to shit ourselves over the books.

If you're a fan check out the Gothic Archies album. Stephen Merritt from Magnetic Fields is friends with the author and made an album for the books. The record from the teaser also had their name on it.

HOW

How what? Stephen Merrit and Daniel Handler are both friends and britbongaboos.

DO

Acting seems like poop

Yeah, VFD spy. He stole the shugar bowl for Mrs. Baudelaire from Esme. It's never stated straight Beatrice ordered him to do that or Snicket decided to prove his love. It's unknown if his love was rejected or not. It's hinted that Esme could burn the Baudelaires' mansion to revenge. So, Lemony Snicket is the one who inirectly made Baudelaires' kids orphans.

Look I like cunny and feet asuch as the next guy but I don't believe in mixing of the two it's immoral

Kids always always have shit tier feet. They're always dirty, they never take care of them, or get pedicures and stuff like grown women do. Women in their 16-30 have the best feets because they've got money to spend. And kids haven't developed their soles, toes, and shape all the way yet. They don't come into sexy form until they're at least 15

Am I crazy here or am I the only footfag that hates kid feet. I'm not saying I like grandma feet becsuse I don't but I'm saying the best age for feet is when they care around 18 when you see girls being footsluts

Damn I knew I was on to something as a kid

Really thinking about going back and finishing the series

I stopped at the lion pit I believe

Do yourself a favor and watch Sleeping Beauty with Browning
It's a bit pretentious but she plays a prostitute and frequently gets naked

Anyone got any book series like this series?
Loved them as a kid, wonder if theres something a bit more adult

No yeah that's pretty spot-on.