Also B>3C=BP>DD=CW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RH031lZz6EY
youtube.com/watch?v=nAcIxyju2Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=hMlaNbjZfl8
youtube.com/watch?v=tK1ISDqRvW0
youtube.com/watch?v=ANN3yudUsbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do they get so much hate on Sup Forums?

I'd equate Bullets with Three Cheers and have both greater than Black Parade desu.

But, yeah, Gerard is great. He for sure is better than hacks like Thom Yorke, Jeff Mangum, etc.

Because it's popular to dislike popular things

this

stop shilling mcr

can never tell if the anons that reply to these threads are either turbo plebs or master rusemen
youtube.com/watch?v=RH031lZz6EY

He makes art. Therefore MCR is art punk.

Because they were mainstream and because they fanbase are shit

>popular
i didn't realize it was 2007

He makes art. Therefore MCR is art punk. Art punk is Sup Forumscore. Therefore MCR is Sup Forumscore and art punk.

ITT: Nu-males

I will never understand why they put Teenagers in The Black Parade.

Problem is, he tanked as a solo artist. Frank and even Mikey's band were better than G's solo album. Ray's played too much like a Phil Collin's album for my taste. Who would have thought Frank would be the break out star of the band.

Parachutes > Stomachaches > For the Night to Control > Hesitant Alien > Remember the Laughter

More like fart stunk

what did you think of the death spells album?

how can he be perfect is he's so fat now

stop spamming mcr

He's middle-aged, married with a kid and millions of dollars. Who the fuck cares if he's fat?

because it’s shit

You have to be punk for that too though.

They are semi punk.

Post-Hardcore meets Art Rock. Ergo, Art Punk.

Get off my board, underage.

I thought this was Billy Corgan

stop fucking spamming mcr threads faggot.

Alright,Alright, Alright. i'll listen to their discography, are their albums all good or do they drop off as they go along?

>getting mad about it
Do you think this will make them post them less or post them more?

1st 3, good.

Downhill from there.

>thinking i was angry

If you like Post-Hardcore, I'd recommend their debut. If you don't mind something with more Pop sensability, I'd recommend Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. If a blend of Art Rock and Pop Punk (a.k.a. Art Punk) sounds interesting, you could also check The Black Parade. I'd stay away from their last album unless ya become a big fan and are just curious.

billy is a perfect musician too

Then why did you tell them to stop and call them a faggot if it doesn't bother you?

>I have no idea what punk is

what the fuck is with all the MCR threads lately? they were mediocre back then when everyone was meming the Black Parade and posting "WHEN I WAS" threads, and they're mediocre now. pretty standard pop music all around.

and they are post-hardcore / emo in the sense that they fit the mold of the reappropriation of those genres. Rites of Spring sound nothing like MCR.

Listening to their first album atm, sounds a bit like The Art Of Drowning era AFI which i dig. i get a bit of At The Drive In vibe aswell for some reason.

>thinking punk means anything
Kek

>tfw "Drowning Lessons" kicks in

If MCR broke up immediately after they released Three Cheers and never got huge Sup Forums would be deifying them.

Kids who grew up during the 00s and the whole emo/myspace scene craze are now nearing their 20s and having nostalgia for 00s MTV bands.
Soon enough the lackbash will swing back and hate on it, just like how it happened with nu metal (which ironically is now stopping getting overly hated, although not praised either, just correctly rated because the nostalgia hype has is gone)

>mikey way was on riding the wavy meme shirt before you were

What do you mean? That t-shirt has been a meme since earlier than MCR.
Try someone wearing it in the mid 80s or early 90s.

We're slowly reaching a point where the nostalgia blinders come off and we recognize the bands in the genre that were actually good and which ones were just jumping on the hype train.
You mentioned nu-metal which is basically already there. People here still heap praise on Deftones, SOAD, and early Korn (Scaruffi drones notwithstanding) because they made/make music that is listenable without the context of the "movement" that surrounded it. Likewise, no one gives a shit about bands like Trapt, Saliva, Papa Roach, etc and rightly so.
I think that MCR is one of the bands in the 00s emo wave with that kind of staying power, along with Thursday, Thrice, and a few others. Some people will still try to defend bands like Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Story of the Year, or Hawthorne Heights out of nostalgia, but that looks like it will end soon.

>H-He'll be fine... right?

he looks really happy and writes good comics I'd say he's fine

He's not OK... HE'S NOT OKAYYYYYYYYYYYAYYY

Mikey's the most patrician out of the group.

He's living the life he always wanted to. Writes comics for a living, has a pretty hot wife, is fat, and has a legacy that will never die. Gee deserves every second of happiness he now lives.

>Only makes music for a particular mood, but has perfected his product
>Good melodies
>Extensive self referential catalog that keeps getting better and more meaningful as you explore it more
>Let's the listener find the song and fill in the context for the lyrics
>Sings of faith and struggle, lyrics that are consoling in hard times and humbling in good times
>Fills you with love for the common man
>Amazing sense of tonality and approach to music never before or again known to man

Bullets was objectively better than most of the shitty emo albums Sup Forums jacks off to

they don't, the general consensus for years here has been they're a good band for what they are. there's just some really vocal tryhards that don't like them because of the emo kid stigma

Not even a fan of the band, but he is truly living his best life.

youtube.com/watch?v=nAcIxyju2Dg

vs

youtube.com/watch?v=hMlaNbjZfl8

vs

youtube.com/watch?v=tK1ISDqRvW0

vs

youtube.com/watch?v=ANN3yudUsbI

Heyo!

Ouch, none of those were good. Still: Gerard = Mikey > Frank > Ray. I expected much better at least from Ray though. What are you doing, my man? Wew.

Sup Forums is a bit of time capsule tbqh

B>3C>CW>BP>DD

with a hot wife, no less

This this and all of this

What about the emo bands that have transitioned into the alt pop/pop rock category? i.e. Panic, FOB, All Time Low and Paramore?

Hawthorne heights is great