Guys, what the hell is up with my Macbook Pro? It's a 2014 13-inch with retina display. The other day...

Guys, what the hell is up with my Macbook Pro? It's a 2014 13-inch with retina display. The other day, I took a shower while using my Bluetooth speaker. While in the shower, I had to adjust the volume of the music and there are no volume buttons on the speaker, so I reached out to adjust it on the Mac itself. It got a little wet. A LITTLE WET. When I got back to the room, I couldn't fucking left click on my trackpad. This has happened to me before. I usually turn it off for thirty minutes and leave it in a position where any water can just drip out. When I turn it back on, bam, usually fixed. Not this time. It's been a day and a half and still nothing. Here's the weird part. When I plug in my USB mouse, it doesn't fucking left-click either! I even set it so that when the mouse is plugged in, it completely ignores the trackpad, which is why I kind of doubt it had anything to do with the water. Other things to consider are that my laptop updated the other day. I even figured, maybe the Bluetooth speaker registered as a Bluetooth mouse to the speaker, so I turned off Bluetooth. Nothing. I reset my NVRAM, and my SMC. Nothing. Also, hovering over anything (icons, Youtube videos, etc.) does nothing. No hover animations, no anything. I had a webchat with Apple. I had a phone call with Apple. NOTHING. They said I should take it to the store. And pay $1000? Not on my fucking watch. Guys, I'm begging you. Anyone have any similar experience? Anyone have any ideas? I'm at my wit's end. For now, I'm using the USB mouse and I set it's right click to the primary, but I don't want to have to do that and control click for secondary forever.

>my Macbook Pro

Well there's your problem

herpa derpa I got my shit wet and now it dun not work now
fucking halfwit

I had this similar thing happen on my macbook pro. Wasn't shower, but it got wet. Really wet. Here's how I fixed it:

>place in microwave on high for exactly 24 seconds

Yeah, I know. Microwaves fry electronics, hurr durr. Just hear me out

>it has to be exactly 24 seconds. Less than that and it won't heat up the existing water molecules from your shower event. Too much will actually fry your shit

>take out of microwave after EXACTLY 24 seconds, and let sit for five minutes. This allows the transistors on the motherboard to re-set themselves

>turn on laptop

>???

>PROFIT!

Sounds fishy, but it works. I am in IT, and this is a little trick we use when people accidently spill drinks or whatever on their shit.

Insert dick in macbook for fix

Dude. I've owned upwards of 20 macs (use them for work, etc.). When I'm done with mine, I usually pass it down to the kids.

One drop of Minutemaid Juice on the keyboard kills the thing. I've had to have 3 of my kids computers repaired because of this.

Finally, got my oldest a Asus ROG computer and told him to have fun. I'm not going to switch from using a Mac (fuck you, PC homo's), but for my irresponsible children, they're going PC.

Note to Apple: By not putting conformal coating on your fucking boards, the situation above is breeding more PC faggots. My kid has started editing using Sony Vegas, and he won't use a Mac, even though I have a copy of Final Cut Pro. What does that tell you, Tim Cook?? Or are you too busy sucking cock to listen to your end users?

Also: Bring back the 17" MacBook Pro you stupid motherfuckers.

>This allows the transistors on the motherboard to re-set themselves
I know he's fucking dumb but that dumb? seriously? are you fucking retarded, transistors need 30 seconds minimum to reset.
If you're in IT I pity the poor fuckers whos stuff you get your hands on

gr8 b8 m8 maybe a nigger might fall for it

Mac's don't use Transistors, faggot. Steve Jobs got a patent on Quantum Switching before he died. The government killed him because he got it from the aliens hidden at Area 51.

Buys kids Pc's because there more durable.
>"fuck you PC homo's"

Buy's kids PC's because they're dirt cheap.

The Asus ROG was on eBay for $700. Ain't gonna give my little fuckers $2900 computers to fuck up. No more.

kek
image saved

Also - I own PC's in my office - can't use SolidWorks or Altium on Mac's - Windows genuinely sucks major cock, almost continuously.

The constant "updates" that are forced on you are insane. Even the UPS App updates every fucking day for 10 minutes. It's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

I have a Mac running Snowleopard that I've NEVER updated, because it just works with the programs I have on it. Try that with a PC. "muh, u need update. i'm going to kil myself now" pc says.

yeah mac os never updates ever does it
>retard detected

They don't "force" updates on you, brah. I've got 5 macs running at the moment in my shop. The two PC's on the other hand are fuckers.

Wow what a faggot

user admits he has business big enough to have 7 working computers.
>user is faget
my sides.

You don't have to update Windows, it is optional. You're just too retarded to turn it off apparently.

OP I had a Mac from this age also. Problem is simple. The battery has swelled and is fucking with your trackpad. The battery on these macs is located underneath the trackpad. Over time after charging a lot, the battery gets old and the liquid inside of it causes it to swell and cause issues with the stuff around it. It's a simple fix to exchange. about $75. Just go to Genius bar and have them run a diagnostic.

you broke it/thread

Every time I sit at the PC to ship a package or do something with Altium or SolidWorks, the god damned thing 'requires an update" for something from Windows.

I'm not making this shit up. Granted, I'm way more versed in Mac than PC, but having and using both I can tell you that Mac is much more preferable. My engineers run Linux in their own personal computers because they hate Windows so much, but (again) you HAVE to use it to use the high-end engineering programs, so you're essentially fucked if you don't like Windows.

Everyone knows Apple mice only have one button. Duh

That's another + for Apple. The Genius Bar - you can take your Apple product there and someone - a real live person - will tell you what it needs, or fix it for you right there. Suck my cock, Bill Gates.

doesn't it? thats from my 2017 macbook air, which is a great machine but to say it doesn't update is bullshit 'bruh'

DON'T PUT WATER ON ELECTRONICS

You're a dumbass, op.

English harder, dude. "FORCE" you to update.

Again - I got Snow Leopard running on one of my Macs - no forced update. "Software Update" opens occasionally and asks "do you want to update?" and I click the "fuck off" button, and it goes away.

On Windows, it just does it. You sit there going "noooooooooooo!!" but you can't stop it.

/thread

Yea it's good. They also made the Apple Care better where it actually covers damage like drops and things instead of just factory errors. Beforehand it was annoying because you'd pay out the ass but the coverage didnt cover much. But now it does.

you're a moron, I can't debate morons
this conversation is over

hoh kay Dad, enjoy your Ensure

delet system 32

/thread

take it apart and see if there is still water in it