Were these albums actually that bad or did metalfags chimp out over nothing?

Were these albums actually that bad or did metalfags chimp out over nothing?

both

fuel is the only track i can imagine listening too

They're not metal in the first place.
They're grunge/buttrock just with 'metal' coat of paint. And if you want buttrock with metal posturing, you might as well just listen to Soundgarden or even Alice in Chains, since their music was way better.

>alice in chains
>buttrock

I revisited them, I think they are kind of weak. Load is better than ReLoad, far more cringe on the latter. But I think it's good they experimented and pushed themselves. Plus there are solid tunes but Metalfags chimp out over anything that's different. So I think that second part of the question was kind of pointless.

Nig nog doesn't know that a metal band doesn't have to just make metal. Also you have to gall to tell me that Outlaw Torn isn't a great ending.

Load
>It’s title is it’s album artwork

People often say that if another band made these albums we would praise them but I really don't know if that's true. I like about 6 or so tracks across both records but they're kind of generic and boring.

never could get into load, for one thing the artwork looks like it’s bloody jizz

Load had some really great tracks and some bad ones. Reload had like 3 good songs

They're good albums, but its just not Metallica.

it's literally metallica you retard

>not Ain't My Bitch

Don't know if it's some weird bait but it is exactly that.
>Hence the name 'load'

They're bad. 90s Metallica was literally just them trying to be Soundgarden for shits and giggles.

More than half the albums are filler tracks and James just plays variations on the same two riffs over and over. They really suffer from CD bloat.

CD and song bloat. Each new album they seem to add one extra unnecessary minute to each song.
I think I'd like them more if they weren't such poor songwriters, as it stands I pretty much only like KEA and RTL. The second I saw Hardwired's track list and duration I knew it was gonna be trash.

They need to hire someone to just knock the instruments out of their hands and kick them out of the studio after a certain point.

Even TBA is mostly just filler outside of the singles.

They seem to have really lost their sense of melody on Load. Perhaps it had to do with James having blown his voice out since TBA was recorded.

>inb4 retards claim this would't have happened if Cliff Burton was still alive
Do you really think they were going to keep making thrash masterpieces for the next 20 years?

>implying those are bad albums
Load has great songwritting, the only flaw is the subpar production, same goes for Reload and Garage Inc.
Now about St. Anger, well, yeah that one sucks.

It's like they never know when to say enough is enough.

Despite the car allusions, it's pretty transparently obvious that he's talking about booze.

Especially when you don't have the material to fill out 7-8 minutes.

true
if burton was alive AJFA and the black album might have been stronger tho

Id argue that Outlaw Torn is better in its unedited version vs the album version. But they could have trimmed over a minute of fat to all for the whole song

They only do good material when a strong producer is there to keep a leash on them. Bob Rock and Rick Rubin are not the right guys to do that.

They have some good songs, but they're both stuffed with filler. If they put the best 4-5 tracks from each on one album it would have been pretty solid.

The Fixxer is probably the first thing that comes to mind when I mean the excess of overly long tracks without the material to fill them.

Just sounds like generic 90s redneck rock to me.

Bleeding Me is objectively one of their best songs. At this stage I would rather them make another album like Load than try to keep re-creating their early Thrash stuff and failing at it. One of the best aspects of these albums is James and Kirk's guitar interplay. It's very loose and natural unlike on their past albums where James played all the rhythm and Kirk only played solos.