Got into some awesome musical rabbit holes

>got into some awesome musical rabbit holes
>so much great music
>most people in Sup Forums and reddit just care about what new things fantano and pitchfork talk about
>have no one to explore music with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9rEtF7kh_jI
youtube.com/watch?v=-LPxcm4jUFI
youtube.com/watch?v=b_zJXKM9VlQ
i.rbt.asia/mu/image/1499/81/1499816286175.png
youtube.com/watch?v=cPYTXYRm5_A
youtube.com/watch?v=bWcIPgtRStY
youtu.be/AADFqc84LEg?t=1h55m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=WiXXqVyQP5E
youtu.be/sNTdxN6Zgmw?t=450
youtube.com/watch?v=0f4AewmWXSc
youtube.com/watch?v=_05FzTeIca8
soundcloud.com/camisole-records/sets/serge-bulot-les-legendes-de
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/sylvan_grey/ice_flowers_melting/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/upper_astral/journey_to_the_edge_of_the_universe/
youtube.com/watch?v=BWwKVx6IpHU
youtube.com/watch?v=FJK-TuzV4Js
rateyourmusic.com/list/Clutnuckle/becoming_the_wonderful_yoga_mom/
rateyourmusic.com/~78787878
youtube.com/watch?v=8EWybkRHzFU
youtube.com/watch?v=vqngFPEGrvE
youtube.com/watch?v=4dYs3hVl7IM
youtube.com/watch?v=11WuI95NiD8
youtube.com/watch?v=6F2V2N8F1BI
youtube.com/watch?v=vPmMyARuPgU
youtube.com/watch?v=OTq2unNwEj0
youtube.com/watch?v=i0wVH3nGW1c
youtube.com/watch?v=CQhFz2s47Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGfgbawq1vE
youtube.com/watch?v=xYUGOZ6rxbI
youtube.com/watch?v=kTwCnC9Oyqw
youtube.com/watch?v=bVcb9OY1ciw
youtube.com/watch?v=QE4pYVjWIyk
youtube.com/watch?v=RGgICkenjvM
youtube.com/watch?v=-zSXcW8fJuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well share some fag

yeah I'm curious as to what cool great shit you think you're listening to

youtube.com/watch?v=9rEtF7kh_jI

Just marathoned this track. Where the fuck is the bass drop.

library music is really cool, I've been meaning to get into that more

hey thats actually bretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=-LPxcm4jUFI

right here senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=b_zJXKM9VlQ

tbqh I enjoy this shit if I listen to it only once, or if it's under a videogame that fits it.

There was a thread recently about bands similar to Women, and I have been exploring every band on this actually useful chart
i.rbt.asia/mu/image/1499/81/1499816286175.png
This is all I've been doing for the last 3 days

good stuff, there's something about old synths that i really love.
youtube.com/watch?v=cPYTXYRm5_A

I have been lurking too long, I could have just posted the pic

Jesus christ this is good

youtube.com/watch?v=bWcIPgtRStY

Some nice harmonies in there op

that's what i'm talking about

Keep em coming. As a bassist i'm obsessed with harmony and this is dank

>claim you're listening to some obscure shit that's good
>get called out
>actually deliver
revolutionary

I've wasted my life

There's some great ambient synthwork in this old tape New Age comp(it's not like the usual New Age I swear)

youtu.be/AADFqc84LEg?t=1h55m24s

This is actually pretty interesting, i might listen to the full album, but i see on discogs that there was a remaster released this year, is it good or should i go for the original?

I'm being serious when I say I'll gladly join you, if you're still here.

This is a great comp, I really dislike how they edited down a few of the tracks (particularly Unicorns In Paradise) but it's brought a lot of well-deserved attention to some great new-age visionaries like Joanna Brouk and Wilburn Burchette.

I always do the original because I'm autistic, I feel it's more authentic to the way it was experienced when it was first released and consumed.

That's what I'm talking about, love for your homies. Now listen to this youtube.com/watch?v=WiXXqVyQP5E

Good stuff. Let's keep this thread for recs of music not advertised on review websites

HOLY SHIT thank you i finally found the sample to this

youtu.be/sNTdxN6Zgmw?t=450

You are such a dumb fag. Why do you need someone to "explore music with"? Are you some fucking queer bitch??

I wish Turny was alive and /bleep/ was less of a pretentious shithole so I could talk progressive and nu-skool breaks with them

youtube.com/watch?v=0f4AewmWXSc

totally. wilburn and iasos are so good. a lot of these tracks go for more than 15 mins in their original form, but for a sampler it's pretty good

I feel you OP
I've gotten really deep into neo-psych but every time I mention it or start a thread it just gets buried in mediocre Tame Impala/MGMT/King Gizzard nonsense

this thread just made my youtubecore 10 feet higher

what bands did you get into? anything dark? i'm not a fan of those bands either, i feel like they lack some of the darkness and paranoia from 60s psych

weird that with all the synthwave mania, old synthpop never got much attention outside of small labels like minimal wave
youtube.com/watch?v=_05FzTeIca8

This album was remastered this year, you can get the vinyl from Camisole Records soundcloud.com/camisole-records/sets/serge-bulot-les-legendes-de

Yes, I agree.
Have you ever heard of Sylvan Grey or Upper Astral?
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/sylvan_grey/ice_flowers_melting/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/upper_astral/journey_to_the_edge_of_the_universe/

Give them a download/listen if you haven't yet.

real shame desu
youtube.com/watch?v=BWwKVx6IpHU

youtube.com/watch?v=FJK-TuzV4Js

you got a rym man?

nope, downloading them right now. thanks. lel gotta love the name of the list on the second's sidebar

rateyourmusic.com/list/Clutnuckle/becoming_the_wonderful_yoga_mom/

Clutnuckle was a great and underrated RYMer honestly. His Memphis Rap list is absolutely nuts.
rateyourmusic.com/~78787878

very nice. here's something dancier: youtube.com/watch?v=8EWybkRHzFU

i remember listening to this album and not liking it too much, but gonna give it another shot desu

>~78787878
ugh

good thread actually

the whole vanity label is great
youtube.com/watch?v=vqngFPEGrvE

I know, isn't it awful?
Kiilo Radical and Invivo are my favorites.
youtube.com/watch?v=4dYs3hVl7IM

On another note, do you think anyone is going to pay 2k for the Limited Edition Vanity Records Box Set?

I love vanity record's whole aesthetic, and almost all acts. it's what i think of when i see the term cyberpunk. Tolerance is great, some of my other faves are bgm and salaried man club

youtube.com/watch?v=11WuI95NiD8
youtube.com/watch?v=6F2V2N8F1BI

always wanted to get more into memphis, i've listened to tommy wright, triple 6 and maniac

Do you guys like Grimes?

youtube.com/watch?v=vPmMyARuPgU

Not in the slightest.

The Lite Green side of Memphis is far superior. D.J. Sound is, in my opinion, one of the most advanced musicians for his time not just in the history of rap, but the history of music, period. The kind of production style and technique he used was both complex and innovative, and it wasn't until almost a decade later that the rest of the rap world caught up.

Think of the cheezy conscious/political hip hop in 1995, and compare it to this
youtube.com/watch?v=OTq2unNwEj0

On the TWIII side of things, check out Lil Ramsey - Goin' Undacova
youtube.com/watch?v=i0wVH3nGW1c

That final verse is straight fire, my fav rap verse ever.

Have you ever heard Ptose?
youtube.com/watch?v=CQhFz2s47Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGfgbawq1vE

Fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=xYUGOZ6rxbI
youtube.com/watch?v=kTwCnC9Oyqw

Good ass thread. Posting some Finnish prog.
Fun fact: Their bassist is Pekka Pohjola who was sampled in Endtroducing:
youtube.com/watch?v=bVcb9OY1ciw

youtube.com/watch?v=QE4pYVjWIyk
SHIT, meant to post this instead of replying to OP

youtube.com/watch?v=RGgICkenjvM

This was also sampled in Endtroducing, DJ Shadow clearly loved his Scandivians.

>tfw you try to find a copy of this for sale and theres just one guy on discogs selling it for almost 80usd

Good thread. Love you op

I cant even find it on soulseek

>The Lite Green side of Memphis is far superior. D.J. Sound is, in my opinion, one of the most advanced musicians for his time not just in the history of rap, but the history of music, period. The kind of production style and technique he used was both complex and innovative, and it wasn't until almost a decade later that the rest of the rap world caught up.

that's a hell of a description, and damn, it sounds like memphis dosed in codeine. great stuff

i have! i've been trying to go through the whole ptose catalog

[2]
where is this album god damn
They're wonderful, the track you posted reminded me of them. I actually own the original of Ignobles Limaces, it's probably one of my favorite records to spin.

same, google only returns youtube rips of the tracks there

it probably was on what. fuck i miss it

Where do you guys find this stuff? rym?

Without theneedledrop how will i know what my opinions are?

RYM, the blogosphere, and a combination of both with extensive research into the artists that you enjoy.
Is it on Apollo?

just searching around
I don't follow review sites really

youtube recs/checking the channels the upload tracks and checking the artists other work/labels on discogs.

rym, blogspot are essential, youtube reccs, and our very own sharethreads

The Colours that Rise - 2020
>The sound of '2020' is new jazz and old funk with an electronic city pace, brought to you by The Colours That Rise. Made up of multi-instrumentalists and producers Simeon Jones and Nathanael Williams, their '2020' EP is a confident guide through future sounds and past histories from a time yet to come.

>Created using analogue synths and acoustic instruments, the 4 track EP works as the score to a yet to be created animation. '2020' is an experimental electronic voyage that emerges from the ambient and arrives on the dance floor.

youtube.com/watch?v=-zSXcW8fJuM

I enjoyed enough to search for related or similar-sounding music, this sounds great. Thanks OP :)