MARVEL IS FINISHED!

MARVEL IS FINISHED!

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.ign.com/articles/2016/11/02/warner-bros-suicide-squad-was-a-success-thanks-to-diversity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i just watched it

Meh.

That's what you get for ignoring minorities.

>2nd highest November debut
>finished
uhh...

Well, it was shit.

Is it actually bad? I was pretty excited for this one. Haven't seen any capeshit in a while, but the previews for this looked promising.

I wanted to like it, but it felt empty
Rachel McAdams was cute in it however

It's just meh. Trippy colors, usual quips, Cucumber can't put on a believable accent and frankly isn't suited to play Strange, Mads is wasted.

Never listen to Sup Forums

welp, better pay RDJ more money to make Iron Man 4

>rotten shitatoes

>Iron Man 4's budget: $350mil
>$250mil are RDJ's salary

>releases in the UK
>everyone loves it
>best Marvel movie behind Winter Soldier

>releases in the US
>no one goes to see it because no one knows Doctor Strange
>goes unappreciated despite being kino

The worst part is that I called this happening in a thread on Monday. Americans ruin everything.

>lower Cinemascore than Suicide Squad
Marvel fucked up. China can boost Strange's numbers though, like they did with Warcraft.

It hasn't been out in the US for even 24 hours yet, calm your tits

no it's pretty good, it's just a little hollow and instead having Strange say things like "BY THE HAIRY HAIRS OF HOGARTH!" he tries to be funny.

the biggest complaint I have about it is the lack of distinct music, but that's typical of all Marvel movies.

>it's a britbong get assblasted episode
Nice, I hope your fucking united kingdom of cucks burns to the fucking ground.

I really enjoyed your IMDB review.

literally the worst marvel movie yet
and this is coming from someone who hasn't even watched it yet

not gonna lie, that really made me think

accurate

Did this surpass Suicide Squad's earnings yet?

>Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man were successful
>Dr. Strange won't be because people aren't familiar with the character

kek

>rape of american culture

It's the other way around

The movie just seems like they're trying too hard to look like they're not trying too hard.

If that makes sense

>its a thread where everyone comments before reading the actual details

for a thursday its opening was 7th out of 14th, ahead of shit like Thor: Dark World and Antman

its also projected to be higher than antman (70-80 mil compared to 60 for antman)

i dont care what you think about the movie but this headline literally means nothing

>muh appeal to plebians fallacy

Where do you think you are? This is Sup Forums
People don't read

You mean normal people that don't suffer from overt cynicism and clinical depression.

>likes plebian movies

>DUDE LOL SPECIAL EFFECTS AND LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR POP-CULTURE JOKES AND STUFF

>>lower Cinemascore than Suicide Squad
>Marvel fucked up. China can boost Strange's numbers though, like they did with Warcraft.

how this is possible, cinemascore poll will be done today

no doubt

asshurt DC faggots itt. batman's stinky jocky isn't going to sniff itself so y'all should stop fagging up Sup Forums

>Everyone has bad taste but me. Being miserable and joyless makes me smarter.

dcucks are fucking pathetic

>he watches and actually likes empty shell movies

>EVERYONE IS THE SAME LOL NOBODY CAN HAVE A BETTER TASTE OR UNDERSTANDING THAN THE OTHER

let me guess, your top 10 is full of deadpool/capeshit tier garbage right

atleast they could have created something that wasn't just a shell like watchmen, instead they do this over and over again because the plebian masses loves the empty movies which they won't ever think about again

just got back, it's *ok*
the fx are cool, the writings not so great
better than overrated russos tho easily

>Being miserable and joyless makes me smarter
>not being smart enough to see the pointlessness of it all
How can you find joy when nothing has meaning? I envy you normalfags.

Saw it today. The trippy VFX scenes were fucking great, some of the best I've seen. But everything else was just a by the numbers Marvel origin story, and didn't do anything to surprise me. Cumberbatch and the other actors were fine, but the film just didn't wow me. Maybe I'm just getting jaded towards capeshit.

Same. Here in the Netherlands everyone loved it as well. I enjoyed it as well.

Apperently Americans like plot heavy romantic comedies more.
While overseas territories enjoy blind action.

Not him, but why did you post that image? Are you implying he's baiting you? I don't you consider that likely, but you're just covering your bases.

Uh... context and movie?

>context
She's about to rape him for no reason because it's a shit film
>film
Knock Knock

>90% on rt
Opens to 70 mil

Suicide squad gets a 26% on RT and opens to 130 mil and makes 750 mil world wide without china. Not to mention the soundtrack was on the bilboard top 100 for weeks.

>mfw DC can get away with triggering critics with "sexist" characters and putting little effort in their films and still beat try hard marvel at the b.o.

>75997544▶
WTF I LOVOE KANU NOW

Based DC

if you don't realize this comparison is wrong, you are obviously a pleb

if you understand that comparison, you're a pleb

And there goes my nofap November.

Don't forget 10 years between films

Pretty spot on, fuck the redcoats. One revolutionary war wasn't enough, we need to nuke the brits.

It shouldn't have opened internationally two weeks before it did in the US.
Shit marketing strategy.

SS had a good marketing campaign and people were willing to give DC a second shot after BvS. They squandered it and seriously hurt the long term health of the franchise.

>sjws are actually boycotting this movie
Bitting the hand as usual.

It should have got number 1

Why is Keanu acting in something that appears to be a tv sitcom?

>This is actually legit

Modern American exceptionalism and expectation defined, folks.

This, also November just fucking started calm down.

I love this movie and The VVitch.

I agree, and it's a shame because I like the Beneficial Cucumber as well as the character. That big mirror dimension sequence was just so utterly lifeless, cool-looking, but lifeless.

More of the same, honestly. Compared to the rest of the Marvel movies it's not bad at all. Also, the visuals were much needed change of pace when the rest of Marvel's films look as interesting as a sidewalk.

$70m is a really good opening for a new IP, user.

Saw Doctor Strange a few days ago, it was fine. Like a 3 star movie, it was just fine.

Whenever I see a movie where all critics seem to be talking about is how nice the effects are I tend to just assume the reviews are paid for and they were struggling to find something nice to say about it.
Honestly though the effects are nice, bring a real psychedelia to the magic and action scenes that I haven't seen much of. Obvious comparisons to Inception aside they aren't that similar except for a couple of points.

The real problem is that it's rushed. Super rushed. Strange goes from completely ignorant of magic to fighting an evil master and doing pretty well within a few months. Sure he's supposed to be a prodigy but when he can go toe to toe with the big bad and two henchmen in his first fight scene, and manage to win (through wiles and luck more than skill, but still) all the movie does then is de-fang it's villain. The threat is gone. Rushed character development, love interest didn't need to be there, wasted a great cast on bit roles that die and ends anti-climactically.

Fun while it lasted but.....ehh; Not great.

Set up his next movie well though, with a villain with an actual connection to the hero and competing ideology. I'm looking forward to the next one. Mostly because it won't waste 2/3rd's of it's running time on set up which won't get to be used on anything because action has to start happening before the protagonist should be ready.

meh/10

Just saw it, it was great. I'd agree with the criticisms that it felt a bit too familiar/formulaic. But overall it was good, the visual effects were insanely good/cool. Makes the inception sequences look boring in comparison.

made me kek.

>Saw it today. The trippy VFX scenes were fucking great

fucking this, they are not kidding around with this one.

>But everything else was just a by the numbers Marvel origin story

unfortunately this too but

>Cumberbatch and the other actors were fine

The cast made the (overtly familiar) writing bearable desu, it made the movie for me.

Is this like your fucking mantra or something? It isn't any more true than the first time you said it.

Okay, Sup Forums, don't lie to me. Was it, at least, good? I mean, not some garbage like Ciliwil war "good" Was it good like IM1 or Winter solider? Effects are really that nice? I can handle few quips for beautiful picture and good plot.

>>mfw DC can get away with triggering critics with "sexist" characters
>"sexist"

but user.

>WARNER BROS: SUICIDE SQUAD WAS A SUCCESS THANKS TO DIVERSITY

Diversity is literally what made the movie the greatest it could have been!

ca.ign.com/articles/2016/11/02/warner-bros-suicide-squad-was-a-success-thanks-to-diversity

Right from the mouth of the studio.

>Was it, at least, good

yes, familiar but yes.

> Effects are really that nice?

probably one of the best/most impressive I've ever seen.

> I can handle few quips for beautiful picture and good plot.

quips are there, it is beautiful, the plot is "ok" but saved by the cast.

>beautiful picture and a good plot.

One out of two ain't bad. It's OK. It's entertaining, but it's not even close to the level of IM or TWS.

Is that above or below the expectations?

>Beneficial Cucumber

Okay, thx. Gonna watch it with girl, but she is tired of quipfest as much as I'm. She is still mad about Squad. If I'll take her on another shitty superhero movie it would be not okay.

>Set up his next movie well though
how? the black dude suddenly turning evil was super retarded and uncalled for.

Wrong general audiences just flat out liked the film. You dond do 750 mil ww off just a good marketing campaign. It had solid word of mouth

Think she'd like The Accountant?

>read an ambiguous headline about box office results
>see it as a confirmation of your opinion of the movie

every fucking time you retards

All that "natural order" shit made them sound like Evangelicals talking about fags.

I just got back from it.
I'm not into movies in general, let alone superhero stuff, so you might disagree with my opinion. Also, i haven't watched all the movies in the setting, only Iron Man 1 and Captain America 1.

I enjoyed it as a time waste. The effects were really well done, and the story was alright. However there were a number of things bothering me
>Mads was wasted except for one scene
>There was too much "humor" and it fell flat
>The Cosmic big bad the whole movie was building up to looked like a wimp in less than 2 minutes
>Soundtrack wasn't particularly interesting
>Strange learned the ropes way too quickly (which is understandable for an origin story, but still)
I have no idea wether it was accurate to the source material.

It was OK, nothing fancy.

Please don't hit me

We just back from it. She loved it. Me either.
I hope Ben's Batman solo movie will be good. I want this guy to be okay. He really tries to act last years.

Glad to hear you both enjoyed it.

House meets Avatar

I absolutely loved suicide squad. Paid for it twice. Torrented marvel stuff including Disney shitty the shit awakens. BvS was meh but SS was enjoyable. Torrented strange and it was by the numbers as well but Cuninhersnatch and Operative and Ms Adrony really made the movie for me.

>Me either

Go to bed Trump

Smells like butt hurt you marvel piece of shit.

What's wrong with that sentence?

What did he mean by this?

>but the previews for this looked promising.
What the fuck are you talking about? The previews are all flat "woah the world is a kaleidoscope!" inception bullshit and boring quips.

It was everything people keep complaining about but Marvel never addresses.

We had a strong female character who was great on her own merits and didn't need no man done realistically.

We had a good solid black character who didn't need to be ghetto.

We had a pretty nice Mexican character, and the white characters weren't shown to be stupid either.

SS was probably one of the best capeshits ever based on diversity and writing of characters.

Whereas Marvel just took an Asian movie and made everyone black or white, hasn't really ever had a good female character yet, best black character is just Shaft with an eyepatch, has ZERO good Latino characters.

"Either" is used to further a negation. "Too" is used to further an affirmation.

So, "She like it and I did, too," or "She didn't like it and I didn't either."

>changed the Ancient One from an asian guy to a white woman

was this an SJW move or not? I can't tell

Thx, mate. Online games and Sup Forums are best teachers.

Not a problem. We do our best.

Well damn.

Who can even take "critiques" serious that contain the phrase "white guy"?