Dark Side Of The Moon

I listened to this album today for the first time while writing code and I was blown away. What should I listen to next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mEG17KFIUL8
youtube.com/watch?v=GNkWac-Nm0A
youtube.com/watch?v=tlpHBy9qlHU
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81ni71zIxIL._SL1406_.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

your mother wishing you a happy 14th birthday

A new episode of Rick and Morty
by then your iq will be past infinite

Probably an actually good Pink Floyd album,

The wall, faglord

I liked Wish You Were Here better.

Early Singles, Piper, Meddle, Wish You Were Here, all there other stuff.

>tfw everyone's shitting on that album because its popular, not because its bad

What's good for you, user?

Listening to it now

Up next, thanks!

Hope you're listening to Piper on mono user

I remember the first time I listened to it. It was in a pitch black room with headphones. I was depressed beforehand and by the end I was fucking euphoric, had never heard anything like it.

Wish You Were Here is the only other Floyd album I think works as perfectly as a concept album. I also heavily recommend pic related.

It's not, but I have a copy of the mono version. How is it better? I'm genuinely interested, cause I listened to The Beatles in mono and I honestly liked the stereo version better probably because of the remastering

Same, that's also how I felt this morning after listening to it at dawn. Thanks for the recommendation!

I personally don't like the panning on the stereo mix (see Interstellar Overdrive), i feel like mono was how the album was intended to be listened, you can listen to it on stereo if you want, but i would at least listen to the mono mix first

>dubs
Alright, just replaced the playlist files with mono. Thanks user

Hope you enjoy it user, if you don't have it, i recommend the 3CD 2007 release, not only you get a nice sounding mono mix, you also get a CD featuring the early singles (See Emily Play, Arnold Layne, Apples and Oranges, etc).

Yep, that's what I got. Listening to disc 1 first for the mono tracks. It's going to be a Pink Floyd day for me

I feel like King Crimson is a better Pink Floyd in the "progressive" department. So I guess "In The Court Of The Crimson King"

Really good album. Before and After Science is also great, and probably more accessible.

Also don't listen to the plebs in this thread user, Piper is mediocre at best, The Wall has some good songs but tons of filler. Animals and Wish You Were Here are excellent, but not as good as Dark Side.

source on the qt?
also are you relatively new to getting into music, i'm just surprised that someone wouldn't have heard DSOtM

>Piper is mediocre at best
>Animals and Wish You Were Here are excellent, but not as good as Dark Side.

Animals album is pretty damn great, it has my favorite floyd song on it. I like Dark side more altogether though, but a very close second

While I agree this fantastic and arguably better than DSOTM, its pretty retarded to recommend Piper at the gates of dawn straight after. He should honestly just go in reverse chronological order and make his way to the album in a way that makes sense, sonically

qt is known as lera bugorskaya.
I'm not a complete newfag to music, but I admit there are still a lot of great albums I have yet to listen to. Been wanting to listen to Pink Floyd for years now but everytime I do, I can't get into the proper mood to enjoy their music completely so I just drop it and wait for a better time. For some reason, I woke up today in the perfect mood to listen to them

Never heard of a song from them. Will start with your recommendation after Pink Floyd. Thanks, and I admire the trips

It's my first time listening to Pink Floyd, but Dark Side was really something. Made me want to listen to their complete body of work. Also, adding Before and After Science to my list. Thanks!

what other kind of stuff have you listened to/enjoyed? and as a note while Eno is good he's not too similar to Pink Floyd if that was the kind of stuff you were looking for

It really depends on my mood when I put on the headphones. I can honestly enjoy any song as long as I'm in the mood for that kind of music, even mainstream Taylor Swift type pop songs.

But to name some of my favorite artists:
Bob Marley and The Wailers
Thelonious Monk
Miles Davis
The Beatles
Kraftwerk
Electric Light Orchestra
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

and I have a collection of about 600+ Lofi Hiphop tracks which is my default background music while going on with my life

Post more Laura B, pls.

Also, is there are chan nowadays like /hebe/? I miss a place like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=mEG17KFIUL8

Not sure, user. Just came across Lera B a couple of weeks ago after reading Lolita as per /lit/'s suggestion

Just to take some guesses at what you might like, Closer to the Edge by Yes, and just about anything by King Crimson is a good place to go for prog rock, along with Pink Floyd. You may also enjoy jazz rock stuff like Frank Zappa's Hot Rocks and Steely Dan's Aja, as well as Canterbury scene stuff like Soft Machine and Hatfield and the North. And if you want to try some funk check out Sly and the Family Stone, the albums Stand, There's a Riot Going on, and Fresh are all great

atom heart mother

Oh nice, thanks for the suggestions user - saving your post for reference. I've been having a hard time finding new music that I might like. I tried using spotify for a month to see what their AI would recommend to me based on what I listen to. It was good for a while, but after some time a pattern emerges from it and their suggestions become mechanical if you know what I mean, and they lack that... "organic" feeling

youtube.com/watch?v=GNkWac-Nm0A

Agreed.
If you get bored of Pink Floyd, try Hosianna Mantra by Popol Vuh or Amon Duul's first two albums.

Thanks! Just added this to my playlist as per suggestion of

Listening to this after Piper

Thanks! I've never listened to anything from them but these look good. Added them to my list. I'm still at The Wall (Disc 2)

Thoughts on Wish you were here, and Piper?

Add this as well, as long as you're posting Lera:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlpHBy9qlHU

Don’t listen to what any of these other fags tell you. Listen to Animals. It’s their best album, by far. Unless you want something slightly similar to DSotM. Then listen to Obscured By Clouds

Wish You Were Here was amazing, it honestly had the same impact on me as Dark Side. Currently on Piper (The Gnome). I like it so far, although the mono version took some getting used to the first few minutes cause I usually don't listen to mono. But user here convinced me to do so and when I was able to adjust to the mono sound, it made me forget that I'm in 2017. Can't believe I only got to listen to Pink Floyd now

>dubs
This is gold, user

Yep, can't wait to get to Animals. Enjoying all these albums so far, will listen to Obscured By Clouds last. Thanks!

based pedoposter

Just a suggestion, but you should try A Saucerful of Secrets if you liked Piper- it's my personal favorite of their discography, and though it's a bit different from DSOTM/WYWH, it's definitely worth a listen. Cheers

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81ni71zIxIL._SL1406_.jpg

This. Great gig in the sky aside, this is a masterpiece.

I've been a hipster faggot for fucking years