What makes a good gamer?

What makes a good gamer?

Do those gamers have better skills to reform into real life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbCkU_-cM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If a global elite went into the army, would the gold ranked cs go player most likely preform on a lower standard if trained equally?

>blue hair

crazy person detected

Yes. Thoughts on the subject?

Why would you even want to be good at video games, you might as well get good at wasting your time and money on any pointless thing you can think of.

Everything is pointless in the end. I'm talking about raw skill and gamesense. Would you think that would transfer into the real world if entertained? Or are they two different variables?

sauce or timestamp of kaladesh symbol on ass check

No they don't

No it doesn't translate into the real world. It means you are either going to be a fat greasy loser wasting his time and money playing video games with people that hate you developed by people that also hate you. Or you waste your money going to school so you can fire up a resume that says I like playing video games I'd like to make games so your resume can get thrown in the trash like everyone elses.

Fuck off retard

Some people are quite handsome and physically fit in the top ranks of the gaming community. Shouldn't their reaction time and other variables that make them a great player transfer over into real life situations?

I feel like this is a sensitive topic because most of Sup Forums are shitters, but love video games.

No it doesn't translate. They're likely not even any better at video games than any run of the mill normie, people keep them around because they're easy on the eyes.

>No it doesn't translate. They're likely not even any better at video games than any run of the mill normie, people keep them around because they're easy on the eyes.
Getting to top level means streaming for some serious cash even not having a beautiful face. If what your saying is true, wouldn't everyone do it? Most normies aren't capable of reaching that level, no matter how hard they try.

...and more of her. The queen.

Bump

so if you're asking what i think your asking then yes 12 hours in a surgeon simulator = top level brain surgeon.

Also any COD or warfare game equals real combat experience and welfare coverage.

Similarly Minecraft experience of no less then 48 hours wouldn't qualify you to be a miner but it would allow you to work with corporate bonds which is better on the long term

>Do those gamers have better skills to reform into real life?
spoiler: no

Streamers use fucking hacks and cheats all the time. How fucking retarded is it streamers playing a game make more than the actual game devs that created the game?
Video games are a waste of life.

Love.

>so if you're asking what i think your asking then yes 12 hours in a surgeon simulator = top level brain surgeon.
That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking. Let's say a top level surgeon went back to day one in his training..
Lets say someone else with incredible skills competed against him in a virtual world.
Would that person, who bested him, possibly be a better candidate to be a real life surgeon if given the opportunity?
>Minecraft
Minecraft requires no game sense or mechanics.

>Also any COD or warfare game equals real combat experience and welfare coverage.
I actually heard some military groups were training their men through video games.

I'm terminating the thread. Here's some boipucci.

I remember when they actually taught you skills, not anymore.

So I think you just answered you own question here.
If a high level surgeon went head to head in a hyper realistic (currently unavailable with current technology) surgery simulator, against an average person with no medical experience who by some miracle beats the high level surgeon.
Would you trust your life to this untrained person who probably got lucky in a video game

Also Minecraft was found to increase inventory management skills in young kids so it is somewhat helpful
nice

They never did that. There isn't any real world skill involved in a video game. Some creatures started out in primordial ooze rape and killed their way till some worthless flesh sack could sit in front of a screen and click buttons to waste electricity and generate pollution so they can scream into a microphone that the other person is a faggot for playing the game with them.

God I want to destroy her mentally and physically

>What makes a good gamer?
Knowledge, intelligence, and ability to apply knowledge and intelligence.

OP's pic probably isn't Rose. No way she'd show ass.

>So I think you just answered you own question here.
>If a high level surgeon went head to head in a hyper realistic (currently unavailable with current technology) surgery simulator, against an average person with no medical experience who by some miracle beats the high level surgeon.
>Would you trust your life to this untrained person who probably got lucky in a video game
Replace normal person with top 1% world in their video game mechanics.

Both having to start from scratch and both forced to learn being a surgeon.

No previous practice making one better than the other.

It's who ever you want it to be, captain.

This guy is a fucking loser that likes video games.
youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbCkU_-cM
You vain little shit heads are so wrapped up in video games you never notice just how stupid it is. Woopidydoo you scored a point that means nothing anywhere. You know it's like you nerds act as if some girl is going to drop her panties when you tell her your video game statistics.

Meant to say that here. Sorry.

Rose is a run of the mill cum slut

Post nudes then.

Exactly. I'd say that person has a better chance than someone with slower reaction times.

Rose is the best surgeon.

that's why michael jordan had such a great baseball career, because you know that nba talent made him more qualified to play a different sport

There are plenty of sluts around that don't have their nudes easily available.

You've still answered your own question
Even if you replace the normal person with someone extremely knowledgeable in this surgeon game. It's still a game, theres no consequence for losing. It's non comparable to the real deal. If a real surgeon fails the consequence could be long term suffering or death for the patient. Even if you would let someone like that operate on you, the masses wouldn't

>that's why michael jordan had such a great baseball career, because you know that nba talent made him more qualified to play a different sport
I really like this point.

y-you do? it was sarcastic tho

Rofl hell yeah I do. Thanks, user. You've killed my negative thoughts in one fell swoop.

You're just some old fuck spouting bullshit about the younger generations.

If you're going to sit here and say that professional video game players don't have any "real world skill" then you can fuck right off you absent minded fuck

Call of Duty is a shit tier videogame. It's like talking about 8th grade football compared to the NFL when compared to a proper video game

Stay mad kid.
Video games don't really have any practical use. The only one that I can actually think of that has any sort of practicality were those America's Army games. That's because it was very rare case because of whom funded it and why.
this guy jerks off till his dick hurts then plays battlefield for like 12 hours straight and then sleeps all day in his moms house

You're a fucking retard

No u.

As a Test engineer I can confirm that simulating the real deal is nearly as good as the real thing. There's a lot of variables but consider a situation where you want to get better at racing but you don't have a $500,000 race car and team to maintain it. Well hop into a racing sim that has laser scanned tracks that are within 1 inch of accuracy to the real track around the entire course. Practice finding the race line and braking points and your time will improve.

This experience translates ALMOST 100% into real life racing. Variables like g-force, air resistance and such can't be simulated well so a real driver would have a better sense for those things but there is absolutely value in racing sims.

P.s. professional racers use simulations constantly since many racing series limit the number of hours drivers can drive their car per season.

tl;dr - games are simulations. Simulations give you practice with mechanics used irl. Games give some practical experience.

>simulating the real deal is nearly as good as the real thing.
This is dependent on how realistic the simulation is. Playing Crash Bandicoot isn't going to make you a better runner no matter how many hours you play, but X-Plane flight sim will make you reasonably good at flying an Airbus to where I'd bet you could take off and land the thing with enough practice.

fuck..just why?