How did YOU survive the 2008 hyper-recession?

How did YOU survive the 2008 hyper-recession?

I didn't.

By being a 10 year old.

yeah by being young

I didn't.

I didn't, we were one of the most affected overall

My family lived very frugally. Plus both my parents managed to keep their jobs.

We lost our house.
In 2 years we'll be completely out of money ha ha

Go get a job

Daily reminder that this man single handedly saved the world by restoring confidence in the economy with his bailouts as Fed chairman. Say thank you.

based Australia wasn't even affected

Is he a jew? Just asking.

Reminder that this man made 5 billion dollars in 2007

thank mr bernke

I didn't. The economy still hasn't recovered. None of these weebs on here probably remember the 90s but it was so much better than shit is now. People used to get a 4 year degree and be more or less guaranteed a house, car, wife and kids. Women were better back then too.

Australia in general was the least affected OECD by the GFC anyway

of course he is

My father lost his business during the liquidity shock despite being in the black and having lots of orders. He suspects that there was additionally some shady backroom shit going on between the bank and the creditors eyeing his patents. Now he is driving trucks

Living off my parents as usual.

the same way i survived 3 straight years of 2000% yearly inflation rates

Didn't get hit

Fuck off

pffft, you think 2008 was bad?
watch this

*crashes*
*elects peronists*

i didn't

it ruined my job prospects after graduating college and i've been in shit jobs since

maybe, maybe not

What did you study?

I graduated in 2015 here in Alberta and the oil crash ruined everything, 2 years later still no job in my field now I have to go back and study something else and my life has basically been delayed 10 years

The US has always been the place where foreign investors dump their money whenever there's a global crisis, even if it's the US that trigger it.

company went bankrupt. i was without a job for a year living off reserves. so i guess not very well.

severely underrated

some IT stuff from SAIT. the program wasn't very good honestly and they did nothing to prepare us to find work especially with the economy as was. most people I know who managed to get shitty IT jobs lost them in the last crash

what did you study?

Chemical engineering technology at NAIT

>they did nothing to prepare us to find work especially with the economy as was

Same here, everyone had the boom mindset where they were like "lol just apply bro companies will fight over you". The school job board was useless, there's like 300 job postings most of which are for cashiers and minimum wage shit.

What a giant meme trade school turned out to be

I was 13 in 2008

i've heard even people who studied shorter term grunt work that would let them work on the rigs got fucked over by temp workers with fake credentials. most of those people are out of jobs now I guess either way.

>lol just apply bro companies will fight over you
we were told the same thing. apparently you wanted to be stabbing peers to get internships or anything remotely related to your field. i wish Canadian secondary school wasn't just a garbage masher of student loans and was actually designed to help us get jobs.

>still fucked a decade on

damn playboi

Why don't you fucks stop complaining and move to BC or something? I'm pretty sure there's plenty of jobs there.

Bad that I was born in 1990, not 1991...

>I'm pretty sure
you're retarded and there aren't, I used to live there

Who here hype for 2020 crash?

Is Canada's unemployment mostly due to people having high expectations and refusing to move, or is it actually as bad as they claim it to be?

I apply to jobs there but never get a response except once I got a phone interview in Prince George

I literally just searched for your degree at indeed and there were many more postings in BC than in Alberta, also their unemployment rate is under 6%.

>lol just apply bro companies will fight over you
I wish someone had warned me 4 years ago about how ridiculous this meme was.

>survived
thrived
bought my current house at the dip, which more than doubled so far