Originally, Ridley Scott revealed that he is planning three sequels to Prometheus...

>Originally, Ridley Scott revealed that he is planning three sequels to Prometheus, eventually leading into the first Alien film. At the same time Scott stated: "Maybe [there will] even [be] a fourth film before we get back into the Alien [storyline]."[50] Scott confirmed in November 2015, that Alien: Covenant would be the first of three films before linking up with the original Alien,[51][52] and stated that the Prometheus sequels will reveal who created the xenomorph aliens.[53]

PROMETHEUS QUADKINOLOGY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fEGJFGIPQ7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one asked for this.

Who cares? Stick your Alien reloaded up your fat ass.

How do these Hollywood types manage to wedge their heads so firmly up their anuses?

Funny thing is that Ridley and the writers wanted to do Prometheus more like an Alien film, but the suits said "no, it shouldnt be another franchise entry, it must be a new product with its own mythos and themes".

For once they wanted to risk something.

and they were right

>4 of these pieces of shit shitting up my aliums movies

kill me f.am

You dont speak for me.

I wanted this.

Ma nigga. Finally some originality, not tired old reboots.

>HOW DARE CAMERON CHANGE SOME THINGS
>WTF RIDLEY SCOTT IS CHANGING THINGS

Has Sup Forums ever been right?

hopefully he'll be dead before a third happens

These never work out.

We still havent gotten fucking Avatar 2 yet of how many planned? 6?

Did prometheus change established lore or why does everyone hate it?
I've only seen 1 and 2 so explain

Pseudo-cinephiles hate it, because the character of Shaw didnt escape the falling spaceship by rolling to the side.

You dont need to have autism to understand the idea.

>and stated that the Prometheus sequels will reveal who created the xenomorph aliens.
I thought the Engineers did....

Did you not watch Prometheus?

See any xenomorphs?

>Did you not watch Prometheus?
Yes.

>See any xenomorphs?
Yes.

I thought the Engineers created them. The one we see at the end was born out of an Engineer. That led me to believe they've seen what the black goop does to their own kind, and fear them as death bringers, hence all the xenomorph statues and tributes in the goop vase room. A warning to all those who enter.

Typical. Someone didnt understand the film and hates it.

Okay so are Xenomorphs EXCLUSIVELY the black ones from the Alien movies?
Did they not come from the goo?

>Someone didnt understand the film and hates it.
Who said I hated Prometheus? I actually really liked that movie. Even rewatched it last night when someone made a thread about it.

Now correct my understanding since you're oh so enlightened.

movie wise, everyone thats a fan of Alien/Aliens lore on the xenos are mostly ignoring Prometheus.

Comics wise, DH got the Prometheus IP so they went fuck it and added it into their AVP universe.
1 badass predator with a death wish thats hunted everything damn determined to hunt down an Engineer I'll tell ya that

Seeing Prometheus was just the saddest shit ever.

Talented filmmaking by somebody who clearly just doesn't give a fuck anymore. You can make pretty movies Scott, but the fire clearly died a long time ago, they all feel like empty husks.

Not really directed at you, but your post made me want to ask this question since I'm not too familiar with the lore.

Does Predator and Alien actually take place in the same universe, or was all the mixed universe media kinda just for shits and giggles?

The PROBLEM was he got le LOST man to write the script.

This thread is making me want to rewatch it again tonight... if this rally I'm tuned in to doesn't kick off soon I'm saying fuck it and throwing on Michael Fassbender: The Movie

>4 fucking movies to explain the backstory to a movie that didn't need any backstory at all

FUCK OFF, RIDLEY, YOU SENILE HACK

>4 of these pieces of shit shitting up my alium movie

>Aliens
>Alien Resurrection
>AvP
>Avp2

Yup. 4 pieces of shit.

The comics at least they did a few Aliens only comics (following end of Aliens with Ripley and the gang making it back to Earth and Earth getting infested with xenos) and a few Predators on comics (Detective Schrieffer killing Preds by the dozens)

Once Predator 2 came out and DH did the AVP comic from then on everything was shared universe.

Once Cameron mentioned that Avatar was/is supposed to be canon to Alien they pretty much joked that as soon as they get the rights to make Avatar comics preds and xenos are coming to Pandora

>why does everyone hate it?
Because it was an obvious setup for a franchise that tried to be smart by throwing a bunch of pseuedintellectual questions into the plot and leaving the answers to a sequel.

It didn't really do anything new or interesting, and didn't even function well as a complete movie. But, it looked really nice.

Alien > Prometheus Special Edition (agent 9 or a9 fanedit) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>aliens>theatrical prometheus>shit>the rest

Why do I keep seeing this kitter posted? Who is he and who keeps taking pictures of him!?

>Once Predator 2 came out and DH did the AVP comic from then on everything was shared universe.
Huh. I really should look into the lore. Probably should rewatch all the older movies too; it's been a while.

>Once Cameron mentioned that Avatar was/is supposed to be canon to Alien they pretty much joked that as soon as they get the rights to make Avatar comics preds and xenos are coming to Pandora
Jesus fucking Christ pls no.
>remember that fag plans on making like 7 total Avatar films
Oh shit, it's going to happen, isn't it? Fuck...

>watching fan edits

What was the black goo?

>Prometheus underperformed so bad he decided he needed the explicit Alien title for the sequel

biological weapon/shitty plot device

Why do the "artificial person"'s heads come off so easily? Shouldn't Weyland be looking into that glaring design flaw?

This, desu.

There is only 1.5 good Alien movies. Alien and Alien 3: Assembly Cut.

A3: AC only gets a half because they basically had to remake it later.

it took a 12 foot tall alien to rip off David's head
a few good shots to the head with a fire extinguisher for Ash

yeah, they do need to be a bit stronger

>Prometheus Special Edition (agent 9
Anywhere that I can download this? I just looked it up and I'd love to give it a watch.

>yfw mid-movie a chestburster rips out of a human and it becomes a stealth Alien crossover

Aliens is a God tier flick you pretentious cunt.

People are stupid. Hot molten metal Falling like rain and they suggested she roll to the side which would be dumb because she's only in the shadow of the ship because of the falling molten debris rain.
Then they said eventually WE the viewers noticed the debris showers ending, yeah but by that time Shaw was fleeing from the ship and only thought of running from death in its shadow just like people on 911 did.

I liked Prometheus a lot. Possibly it'd have been better as a stand alone creation. Astronauts in search of the beings that started life didn't especially need face-huggers, it's the films achilles heel. I'm looking forward to seeing where the survivor ends up as she follows her destiny.

I've never seen Alien 3.

Should I?

gay and retarded

No.

K. Thanks user.

It's an engineered break-point.
If it is going to fail, it is better for it to fail where you want it to. In this case, at the neck. Easier to repair/reassemble.

Yes

No.

torrent, there is a 4.1gb version around. I still need to find the 25gb one

I am so glad Ridley Scott is not directing the new Blade Runner.

In fact, he being the producer is the only thing I am afraid of.
Him whining "I didn't imagine this that way" all the time and changing shit.

All of the other in cast and crew are currently in full kino delivery form.

Ridley Scott should reboot Alien 3.

Assembly Cut is arguably the best thing in the franchise.

>Once Cameron mentioned that Avatar was/is supposed to be canon to Alien
source or it didn't happen

I don't want to wait until August

Maybe. My hunch is that they made a lot of last minute editing decisions, and the movie suffered for it.

This could have easily been a 10/10 movie with some adjustments

Because of its preachy blunt as fuck pro abortion message.

>Did prometheus change established lore

Yes it did.

Engineers are now smaller than in Alien.

The original Engineer that crashed on LV-426 was fossilized. Implying a much longer period that xenomorphs existed than the 2,000 year timespan given in Prometheus when proto-xenos existed.

Prometheus ship is older than the ship in Alien, but looks significantly newer in terms of technology.

A myriad of creatures now spawn from black goo rather than facehuggers from eggs.

Sounds shit

Why did the Engineer look so different from humans despite having 100% human DNA?

Never understood it.

>The original Engineer that crashed on LV-426 was fossilized.
It wasn't actually fossilized, that was just a space trucker talking out of his ass

>have the perfect script
>but maybe it's a little too good
>yeah, it's actually solid gold and would be the perfect prequel to Alien, we can't have that
>get Lindelof on the phone
>make all the characters completely, unforgivably retarded
>take all these explanations and motivations out, just leave it blank, they'll think we're being deep
>old man weyland foot massage lmao
Why did it happen like this?

We both have 100% human DNA but I don't look like you.

Too easy to blame Lindelorf for everything. At the end of the day Scott was the director and had creative control.

We both look human.

He did not. The differences aren't explained by a different habitat.

they don't look that different, they're just tall, pale and bald.

>Engineers are now smaller than in Alien.
When are we ever given a direct size for them in Alien?

>The original Engineer that crashed on LV-426 was fossilized. Implying a much longer period that xenomorphs existed than the 2,000 year timespan given in Prometheus when proto-xenos existed.
What proto-xeno are you talking about? And there's no evidence it was fossilized besides the word of a space trucker.

>Prometheus ship is older than the ship in Alien, but looks significantly newer in terms of technology.
You do realize that the Prometheus is meant to be a state-of-the-art scientific research vessel that had a trillion dollars poured into it, right? The Nostromo was nothing more than an old space tugboat. Of course the tech is going to be different. One is designed to function and not really look pretty, while the other is designed to look pretty and function.

>A myriad of creatures now spawn from black goo rather than facehuggers from eggs.
I don't know what you're talking about here.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. Wigley Scott went into Prometheus wanting to make a 'Chariots of the Gods' adaptation and the connection to Alien came later.

>kitter
please kill yourself

It's just a stupid movie that thinks it's brilliant.

searched but cant find anywhere

Prometheus

Prometheuses
Prometheus3
Prometheus Resurrection
AVPVPrometheus

jfc, just make a miniseries, same with all the Avatar sequels

I generally liked Prometheus, and the concept behind it. I have no opposition to seeing more. The one criticism I see right off the bat however, it the way the idea of a mystery creator is done. As an audience member, my ability to be curious about who the creator is, is limited by the fact that the universe as a while is largely unwritten and I have no investment in whoever the possible suspects are. Granted the movies aren't here yet, but it seems unlikely that they will fix this. It seems most likely that the creator will be some new guy introduced in that specific film, with no real prior clues, so it could literally be anything and it wouldn't make any difference.

>Aliens
>shit
>not Alien 3
Really?

Nah, the first two are enough.

Not even close. I could understand some people liking it better than Aliens, but saying it comes anywhere close the the original is just wrong.

>putting Aliens behind any version of Prometheus.
Wew Lad.

Tell me that this doesn't look and sound like a better version of the film:

youtube.com/watch?v=fEGJFGIPQ7c

Oh I'm not saying that the fan edit is better than the original Prometheus friend. I haven't seen it, but would love to and believe that it is. But Saying it's better than Aliens is something I find doubtful.

>the Prometheus sequels will reveal who created the xenomorph aliens
How are you niggers not excited? fucking contrarians

>When are we ever given a direct size for them in Alien?
Never.
When were we told they were humanoid, small, non-bi-organic and wearing a suit in Alien?

As much as I love Prometheus, it's an embarrassment as far as the Alien series is concerned and those points are all retcons of established canon which you seem to be giving passes too because you're biased.

Its not a retcon if it wasn't established otherwise in the first film.

True but it's a retcon when it shits on almost every other piece of lore established since Alien was released, including everything set by the comics, books, compilations (which includes the AvP crossover comics and the crossover of the crossovers [Alien v Predator v Terminator, Dredd vs Aliens etc])

>incoherent mess
>characters have no motivations to do half of the shit they do
>"omg robots r human too lol so deep"
>"who created our maker????? omg so deep"
>hi, i am a biologist you've never seen before in the movie even though apparently i've been part of the crew since take-off, and now i'm going to proceed to get absolutely mad as fuck for no reason whatsoever, essentially screwing myself and the team in the process
>most tedious evolutionary process ever seen (man have sex with black oil = squid; squid then have sex with engineer = kiddy xenomorph; also there are some black dicks penetrating people because a worm had sex with black oil)
>how do you like your alien lore and consistency senpai?

>why does everyone hate it?

Because of Jesus Christ.

Those are all auxillary though. Like most extended universes that spawn from movies and TV, they're not really on the same level of canon.

For the most part it atleast gives a brief outline to the universe and things in it. Plus it adds a set of rules that most of the setting follows and sticks to.
IMHO Prometheus is the TFA of the Alien verse. It answers nothing, is nice to look at but creates more questions and disjoints the already disjointed lore. All this for nothing more than faggots wanting $$$.

Problem with Prometheus isn't that shit isn't explained, it's that none of it makes sense

The random nobodies who made Alien Isolation did a better Alien movie than neo-Ridley.

Don't understand the point of putting 'Alien' in the title if it's another prequel.I liked it being in its own bubble despite it being in the same continuity as the Alien series.I guess it's a marketing thing.

Thing is, if you don't think Prometheus is a good movie then why the hell do you like Alien?

Anyone else really like the design of the engineer? Really creepy

And the four hour behind the scenes footage shows Lindelof showing up every day during pre production making more script changes based on Scott's notes.

the third best movie in the alien world

Who cares, it's something to look forward to and I'd rather the studio funds this than another dull pointless capeshit film

kys

Alien is standard sci-fi horror with an iconic big bad and easily follow-able plot.

Prometheus is stock standard sci-fi with a jumbled plot, no interesting characters or monsters and an even less interesting "villain".

The fact that Ridley had to explain many of the main plot points in interviews discussing Prometheus should show how vastly different they are as movies even though they're in the same universe.

>It seems most likely that the creator will be some new guy introduced in that specific film, with no real prior clues, so it could literally be anything and it wouldn't make any difference.

The Xeno creator is obviously going to be David.

>The crew of the colony ship Covenant discover what they think is an uncharted paradise, but it is actually a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the synthetic David, survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

I'll add to that; nothing bad that happens in alien is the result of stupidity