So, who here considers themselves liberal, but feels disillusioned with the contemporary movement...

So, who here considers themselves liberal, but feels disillusioned with the contemporary movement? I consider myself a liberal in the sense that I support marriage equality, abortion rights, and transgender bathroom rights in state- and federally-funded institutions, to name a few. However, I can't stand third-wave feminism or Black Lives Matter. I can't stand the way Leftist try to censor speech and silence conservative viewpoints. I'd much rather debate a conservative (I'd win) than use mob tactics to silence a sect of society that I may disagree with. Who here is a Dave Rubin liberal? I can tell most of you guys are disaffected liberals.

Other urls found in this thread:

lexarchy.com/open_letter/html/open_letter.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Say
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't understand you faggots. You're not a liberal. You're just too damn stubborn to leave the "hip" ideology. In the year 2016, If you do not agree with BLM or 3rd wave feminism, you aren't a liberal. There's a clear distinction that's been made.

>I consider myself a liberal in the sense that I support marriage equality, abortion rights, and transgender bathroom rights in state- and federally-funded institutions, to name a few.
I understand Rubin is gay but why do all your liberal policies involve dickbutt? It really gives you a glimpse into the degenerate liberal mind.

Dave Rubin, Sargon, and yourself are all closeted small-c Conservatives

Just stop lying to yourself

They do not represent classical liberalism, which I choose to identify myself as

Because those are the groups of people trying to gain equal rights. Well, homosexuals can now marry, so they've gained their rights, but transgender people are still being discriminated against by governmental institutions.

I support free speech, abortion, gay marriage, single payer healthcare, increasing minimum wage, but I can't stand Muslims, niggers, SJW, and feminists.

I'm voting for Trump because the left has gone crazy, appealing to chimps and a medivial religion.

So you are a civil rights organization and not a political ideology. There is a lot more to life than sex and bathrooms.

I agree with everything you said, except the muslim and african-american comments. I think Islam is inherently violent, but so is Christianity. The only difference is, Christianity has gone through the necessary reform movements to become compatible with enlightenment principles. Islam hasn't.

I also believe in a single-payer health care program, making college more affordable, job retraining through the government, etc.

Classical Liberal desu senpai

I agree with you and I believe in progressive tax system

If Bernie doesn't get the non . Iam voting Hillary just to secure the SCOTUS to liberals

Why don't you just tell people you're moderate?

Classical liberalism is not absolved from this absurdity. In fact, it is part of the problem. These phenomena are simply an apotheosis of ideas you claim to believe in, and which were set in motion hundreds of years ago.

lexarchy.com/open_letter/html/open_letter.html

Almost all the same feelings even though I'm black. BLM was on to something at first but the movement quickly became perverted. Now its being used to fight any white on black problem when it isn't necessary for some of them.

I also don't like the way the treat federal debt as if its entirely trivial. Paul Ryan is the only Republican that could actually fix a good deal of it without completely axing all federally funded public assistance programs. Which is why I'm extremely pissed he didn't run when he saw trump rising.

I'm with you, buddy. I would add that democracy is impossible if the population is disarmed. It's a tough political field for a classic liberal these days...

Classical liberalism is libertarianism, dumb ass.

Fun fact: only in America are liberals left wing.

>Classical liberalism is libertarianism
no

Left leaning person here. However, I find it hard to assign myself an ideology since I love aspects from both sides of the spectrum which are at odds with each other.

Nice bullshit non-history. Tell me, was Thomas Paine a libertarian, or was Edmond Burke the libertarian? Was the French Revolution a libertarian revolution? Name ONE historical figure from the 17th or 18th century who represents the genesis if libertarian ideology. hint: There isn't one.

You're literally making stuff up. Libertarianism is a modern construction of mostly 20th century ideas. Liberalism historically had nothing to do with libertarian ideals.

There's a distinct difference, my bruv

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism

This is the future you chose. Progressivism knows no bounds and eats their own kids.

The legacy of slavery and segregation still affect the black community today. BLM has a noble goal, but they lack a cohesive path. And yes, the movement has been perverted.

>Name ONE historical figure from the 17th or 18th century who represents the genesis if libertarian ideology. hint: There isn't one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Say

Awkward...

There is nothing liberal about transgender bathroom rights. They have the same right as everyone else. They are just delusional.

Classical liberalism is by definition conservatism and pretty hard right wing conservatism in the year of 2016

classical liberal for the most part, don't care about retarded non-issue shit like what bathrooms fags use or whether they can get married or not, so by today's standards i'm pretty much a far right nazi

>abortion rights
>the right to literally kill another human being because it's existence is inconvenient to you

>liberal
>liberty
>free will, free markets, 10th ammendment of common law
supporting these things makes me a conservative these days?
No. I won't let these neolibs: the tumblrization steal that word.

this "classical Liberalism" is cancer
it is co-opting the anti-Muslim uproar
and they're anti SJW

"classical Liberals" just love democracy, equality, etc
our root problem is not Muslims pouring in
it's degenerate self-hating LIBERALS who hate themselves and our children

if the roof leaks, you plug the hole first
you don't start with drying the floor

Me

You are a liberal who just happens to be extremely pretentious - more so than the average liberal which is saying a lot

>my ideology reduces to economics

If you think classical liberalism reduces to economic freedom, then you don't understand classical liberalism. The total economicization of Liberalism is what libertarians try to pull off. No classical theorist viewed liberalism through such a restrictive and exclusive economic lens. This is why you're all a bunch of autistic faggots who only talk about markets and trade, because you can't understand the political, social, or religious elements of liberalism. You're mentally deficient spergs. That's why you're libertarians.

Dude, the word liberal is gone. Just accept it. There's no shame in calling yourself a right winger except in the minds of the people that stole the word liberal. If you want to call yourself a classical liberal like Rubin, that firmly plants you on the right wing.

You: > I'm a liberal who opposes Islam and regressive social justice warriors and out of control irrational feminism

they: > FAAAASCIST WHIITEE MALEE REEEeeEEeEeRr GET OUT NAZI!

>No classical theorist viewed liberalism through such a restrictive and exclusive economic lens. This is why you're all a bunch of autistic faggots who only talk about markets and trade, because you can't understand the political, social, or religious elements of liberalism
That's because American liberalism and libertarianism are identical when it comes to things other than markets. That's how American progressives were able to co-opt the term liberal.

>That's why you're libertarians.
I'm not a libertarian. I'm a nationalist. That doesn't change the fact classical liberalism isn't what you think it is.

>and transgender bathroom rights in state- and federally-funded institutions

Tranny here

I've been using the women's washroom for 4 years now, I don't need some cuckold to tell me the law will let me do something I've already been doing while simaltanesouly allowing cross-dressing freaks and rapists into the women's restroom as well.

I don't know a single tranny that actually gives a fuck about this washroom rights shit. It's just yet another liberal non-issue that you idiot manufactured out of thin air. No tranny has ever given a shit about this unless they are a butthurt old hon disgusting freak cross-dressing faggot that already damages our movement.

Fuck off libcucks and stop white knighting us.

Classical liberal. Modern day liberals have stained the name now I'm pretty much much a conservative. For context, I'm for religious freedom but against fundamentalism, such as the religious right of the 80's & 90's as well as Islamic fundamentalism that's occurring now. But good news for you conservativies is soon, contrary to belief here, modern liberals will become a minority.

>The legacy of slavery and segregation still affect the black community today. BLM has a noble goal, but they lack a cohesive path.

Ahahahahaha, the legacy of slavery is that we freed them. They enslaved each other, we set them free. The modern slave ancestors would not exist if we had not brought them over there. We gave them life.

BLM does not have a noble goal. They just want free shit. The solution is real simple. Integration. Stop committing crimes, stop dressing like thugs, stop speaking ebonics, stop naming your kids stupid fucking names.

The black community is doing everything to themselves. They have to change things from within.

Look at successful black people. Generally, they dress like a normal person, they talk like a normal person, they act like a normal person, and often they have the name of a normal person. That is why they are successful.

>abortion rights
>the right to literally kill another human being because it's existence is inconvenient to you
Sounds just like the death penalty, both of which I am definitely for.

HE'S HERE

Kill yourself.

It would be Manuel instead of Manuello
Manuello sounds just wrong

You support transgender bathroom rights? People who are "transgender" are really just mentally ill, and yet somehow they're getting rewarded for spending taxpayers' money to mutilate their own bodies. I'm a liberal too and even I can see that.

American liberalism was Anglo-Saxon supremacist nationalism. It does not resemble modern libertarianism except rhetorically.

>bathroom law
>law
>when nothing is wrong or needs to be enforced
Statism is a mental illness

There has been a realignment -- you're not on the left anymore.

OP you are a lost cause.

Tell me what sounds wrong with this sentence:

Manuello rode his bike very Hispanically.

Look it's very simple. We need to kill the Jews. You are a fascist and you just have to accept this fact. Take the Evola and Spengler pill and surf the Kali Yuga

>Stop committing crimes, stop dressing like thugs, stop speaking ebonics, stop naming your kids stupid fucking names.
they can't do that cause their IQs are too low, haven't we already figured that out by now /pol?

No, I absolutely think it's a mental illness. I don't think the government should assist in medical treatment to undergo surgery, but they should at least use the restroom they feel comfortable in.