/cyc/ - Giro d'Italia - stage 13 - Reggio Emilia - Tortona

Friday, 19 May 2017

At 167 kilometres, the route of stage 13 in the Giro d'Italia travels from Reggio Emilia to Tortona. The route is as flat as can be. So we can expect a smiling sprinter being kissed by podium girls in the afternoon.

You could argue the route of the 13th stage is the prelude to a ‘summit finish’. After all, the finish line in Tortona is the highest point of the parcours, located at an ‘elevation’ of 115 metres above sea level.

By the way, departure place Reggio Emilia lies lowest – at 5 metres.

Just like the 14th stage, stage 13 in the Giro d’Italia pays hommage to Fausto Coppi. In 1960 Il Campionissimo passed away in today’s arrival place, while he was born in 1919 in tomorrow’s departure place Castellania. He died young after he had caught malaria in Burkina Faso.

The first three riders on the line take time bonuses of 10, 6 and 4 seconds, while the last intermediate sprint (at kilometre 126.6) comes with 3, 2 and 1 seconds.

The 13th stage of the Giro d’Italia 2017 starts at 13:20 and the finish is expected around 17:15, both local times.

Technical Stage info:
giroditalia.it/eng/stage/stage-13-2017/technique/

>I love this cooking revolution that is Bora.
youtu.be/9Y6rcODQx0c

Other urls found in this thread:

velonews.com/2017/05/giro-ditalia/van-garderen-maybe-not-grand-tour-rider_438724
cyclingnews.com/news/van-garderen-im-not-going-to-the-giro-just-to-take-in-the-scenery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just the withdrawals today:

Withdrawals (LIST OF THE WEAK AND WEARY)

>Did not start in stage 1
31. Stefano Pirazzi (ita – Bardiani-CSF)
39. Nicola Ruffoni (ita – Bardiani-CSF)

>Withdrawals in stage 4
42. Rohan Dennis (aus – BMC)
155. Pavel Kochetkov (rus – Katusha-Alpecin)

>Did not start in stage 5
5. Javier Moreno (spa – Bahrain Merida)
17. Alexandre Geniez (fra – AG2R La Mondiale)

>Withdrawals in stage 9
185 Wilco Kelderman (nld – Team Sunweb)

>Outside time limit in stage 10
57. Matteo Pelucchi (Ita – Bora-Hansgrohe)

>Did not start in stage 11
196 Giacomo Nizzolo (ita – Trek-Segafredo)

>Withdrawals in stage 11
141. Nathan Haas (aus – Dimension Data)
194. Laurent Didier (lux – Trek-Segafredo)

>Did not start in stage 13
179. Geraint Thomas (gbr – Team Sky)

Sad news about Thomas. Time to start getting ready for TdF rape i guess.

Wait, what happened? Broadcast just started here, did he quit?

“I’ve been suffering since my crash on Sunday,” Thomas said. “I’ve had an issue with my shoulder which is manageable, but my knee has also been getting worse each day.

“Obviously it’s never nice to leave a race early, especially when it’s your main goal of the season, but I have to look at the bigger picture. I’d love to continue, but it would be a case of trying to survive each day rather than racing.

“I’ll turn my attention to the Tour de France now, and I want to arrive there with the same good form I started the Giro with.”

Fair enough. I'm more surprised he managed to do as well as he did, especially in the TT, after that crash.

>Dat constant loss of signal all of a sudden

I foresee a nasty storm coming up.

Also
2 M I N U T E S
M
I
N
U
T
E
S

>World's biggest labyrinth

Really? I mean it looks nice, but doesn't look that big.

Missed yesterday's stage. What were the highlights?

Any stream links for those of us in the states to watch?

www.shadow-net [period] org/channels/British-Eurosport-1.html

Not much. Comfy scenery, TJ excuses and based Ricezze, or however you spell his name, working miracles for based Gaviria. Have the thread:

Stop bullying TJ. He's actually going to kill himself

velonews.com/2017/05/giro-ditalia/van-garderen-maybe-not-grand-tour-rider_438724

>That fucking faggot sticking his phone that close to the riders

At least he wasn't taking fucking selfies, but still, he was this close to hitting one of them for fuck's sake.

>No veneer in "ere"

Who's the Dutch color commentator on Eurosport? Top lad

That is one cheeky tweet from Cav.

Alright, see, that's fine. Even if you enjoy selfie faggotry, at least behave and take them from a safe distance on the side of the road. At least not all spectators are mentally challenged.

What happened?

Nothing much, but the chopper camera did insist on her. One of the spectators was sitting on the grass, about half a meter from the road taking her selfies. Perfectly fine distance, got the shots she wanted, and wasn't an ass about the whole thing. Now if only everyone was like that.

probably Bobbie Traksel, or might be Boogerd

belgian commentator sucks imo, too uptight about everything and his high pitched voice annoys me

Oh. For a moment you got me thinking that some dumb broad ventured right under a bicycle and caused a crash or something.

No, no, I was actually impressed if anything.

It seems to be Karsten Kroon. He's been talking about divorces, calling the commentator out on bullshit and has just been brutally honest the whole time. 10/10 commentating

So he is a typical Eurosport commentator?

>Now talking about how he was betting against himself and it failed because he was supposed to finish behind a guy and that dude got a puncture before the finnish.

Karsten is literally /ourguy/

They vary, Boogert has been there too for instance and Karsten doesn't really have a distinctive voice. This is 100 times better though

Kek this

Love it when you can hear that announcer bitch in the background all the fucking time in the eurosport stream

Seriously who approved CCC's outfit?

My eyes are bleeding every time their riders pop op.

Not too different than Euskaltel

Do you guys only have one commentator? We always get two over here. Same guys do all the grand tours, and some classics. Others, like the Tour of California, only get one of them.

They didn't go full retard everything orange though.

They were actually lucky with that color recently. Heard the commentators talk about it at the start of the Giro, some of their bikes got stolen, but the colors were so blatant the thieves couldn't sell them anywhere and they just abandoned them after a couple of days or something.

THANKS ANTON

>Dat sharp left turn

I fear for the worst honestly.

I'm listening to the english stream right now. Finnish Eurosport channel has the based father-son pairing of Peter and Christian Selin

kek
>This kills the peloton.

Everything will be fine.

>ABSOLUTE KINO

It's a glorified rest day episode

>dutchman
>complaing on orange

Well alright then. You mentioned bitching in the background and figured he had no one to argue with. The two here are also really good. Great chemistry between them. From time to time one of our cyclists also joins to comment as well. He's still racing though so he can't join for every stage.

LOL, I was talking about the woman you can hear in the background!

pls watch out tour

G A V I R I A
A
V
I
R
I
A

Rooting for the Gorilla again. It's his last day so might as well do something with it.

Pippo Attacko.

>Clean air train time.

Some stages, like today, we only have daddy Selin, however on any important stages they're usually both present.

Nah

Come on Gorilla!

A sprinter will win. Screencap this

Is Kristoff destroying everyone again, so he can choke in Le Tour?

Gaviria wins lol

NO WAY! Holy shit, literally Sagan 2.0.

>EWAN KEKED AGAIN

Call It

T-this is not funny anymore guys

>that manouevre

wow. impressive win from gaviria

>The city of Down Under.

This cunt is too fast. Like godmode Kittel

Did Greipel even sprint? Didn't see him

Indeed. He came back from way behind everyone like a fucking rocket. Ricezze on the other hand might've been a nigger bumping into Ewan. He might not have been, and just tried to make room for Gaviria but it's not really clear from the reruns.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He tried a bit, but then shook his head slightly and completely gave up. He was out of juice.

Probably forgot to leave his Alpecin in for two minutes.

>gaviriaganalol

>t. Kittel

Based Gaviria.
Still mad he choked in Rio.

For me, its Fernando "missile" Gaviria
Bow down motherfuckers, we're not worthy

>I don’t really want to make excuses. Every time I try to make an explanation, everyone says, oh, he’s just making more excuses. It’s a lose-lose situation; if I try to give an explanation, then it’s an excuse, and if I don’t, then people don’t accept that, either. Right now, my body is just kind of failing. I don’t know why

Guess who?

America's greatest GC contender since lord Us Postal.

TJ "NO MORE EXCUSES" van Garderen.

>It’s really confusing, frustrating. I know what people are probably saying about me — I don’t even look at cycling websites anymore, and I deleted my social media accounts — I know what people are saying. Every time I want to prove them wrong … I don’t know why it’s not working.

#pray4tejay

Man, I legit feel sorry for the guy.

I love to ridicule TJ but this hit me right in the feels.

He should just reassess already, and no longer start as the team leader in a Grand Tour. Ever

He should follow Gesinks lead, becoming a stage hunter. All these guys whos sole purpose seems to be trying to get a top 5 GC in grand tours can easily win stages if they pick their days. I dont get how any cyclist of that caliber can be content with a 5th place, even in the Tour.

who's been the cuckold of the Tour lads , TJ or Sam Bennett?

Cabal

nah he actually won a stage, thats not bad for him.

cyclingnews.com/news/van-garderen-im-not-going-to-the-giro-just-to-take-in-the-scenery/

Jesus... now I'm worried for him.

Tour of California's on, get in here.

> It's an altitude TT episode

At least they had the decency to keep it flat.

It IS software, ya big dummy!

Dibben smashed it.

I can see him winning some 1 week stage races and contest stages/superdom in grand tours. It's clear that he can't into GC in grand tours so he should stop trying. He's still top tier talent and can definitely be successful as long as he finds his place.

> tgw no qt jewess gf
jdimsa

Sagan clipping out of his pedal. For what purpose?

this is one of the worst TT routes I've ever seen

>3agan

There have been so many guys coming off their pedals accidentally in the last few weeks.

Iktf bro

>non-TT bikes on a completely flat ITT stage

why the FUCK would you do this

Didn't look accidental though. He twisted his foot. So weird.

It happens. At least it wasn't anything more dramatic. Worse case scenario he could've fallen.

Oh hey, it's Serghei!

more patrician.

Oh poor Morton :( And now on a regular bike.

>ded before hitting the tarmac

rip