Daily Reminder

This album saved rock in the 2010s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-oib0a2_itA
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

proves you know jack shit about rock if you think this album was innovative at all

>blatantly stole from the beatles
>saved

HMMM.......................................

Currents is better

>doesnt sound any beatles album
HMMM.......................................

>doesnt sound any beatles
You can barely fucking speak English, are you sure you want to try evaluating music?

Not OP, but the only thing in common they have with The Beatles is the singer sounds like them. That's it

>when you blatantly change the subject

Daily reminder. Niggers ruin everything.

Lonerism is the best, but InnerSpeaker is still better than currents

Tame Impala sounds like a john lennon impersonator singing over a rough "60s/70s" pop rock pastiche, making it as predictable and boring as possible. Like some sort of cloudy representation of 60s/70s culture that everyone has in their heads, all to the tune of the most accessible and easy to listen to shite imaginable.

But Innerspeaker doesn't sound like any one album. Like you said its more of a pastiche covering the whole era, multiple subgenres and influences. That's why it doesn't sound predictable and boring as possible.

Currrents > Lonerism > > Innerspeaker

contrarian. currents wasnt that good honestly. not as memorable as the first and definitely not as good like lonerism

Not even.

Currents is my second favorite album.

Lonerism might make my top 20.

>psychedelic pop
>rock
pick one

Its pop/rock first

holy fuck no. Thats an grade A poser album

except its not

Sup Forums loves Tame Impala but nobody dares to admit it. We've had a thread about it yesterday.

it sounds a lot like this, actually. theres an overabundance of special effects like flanging on nearly every track and ADT on the vocals. highlights like blue jay way, i am the walrus, or strawberry fields forever are sonic blueprints for a lot of songs on OPs album

Do you think alabama shakes would be bigger if the fat black lady looked like rhianna instead?
Then again if she looked like that would she be making rock music.

youtube.com/watch?v=-oib0a2_itA

The vibes dead though.
Everyone's angry and wants energetic shit again. Hence King Gizzards recent rise.

Parker may need to push boundaries with the next album. I loved his previous albums when they came out, but they already sound like a bygone vibe.
He should go full stoner rock perhaps, or maybe just full shoegaze, which also seems to be everywhere again.

All 3 are supurb.
But Currents is overrated. I didn't dig the vibe as much as the first two.

>currents wasnt that good honestly
It had great licks, but I thought some of the songs felt unfinished unlike lonerism.

>rock

Uhhh.... y'all mind if I'm best commercially viable rock album of this decade?

he should make some brian wilson meets Procol Harum type shit next then slowly segway into king crimson type prog rock

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA

Actually the king crimson idea might be on the right track, but with heavier more modern psych guitars.