Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1S0dNdveoCI
youtu.be/5HPOeKGyHME
clyp.it/uunqpjxu
youtube.com/watch?v=K1gWQ97jQJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=hbiVo40OsJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Will danelectro pickups fit a strat pickguard?

>love playing bass
>always play fingerstyle
>try to use a pick but always feels awful
>buy a guitar, want to learn and figure I could apply the pick skills to bass as well
>now playing the fucking guitar fingerstyle
I don't know why I can't into picks

i learned guitar with a pick, then learned fingerstyle after (but im still pretty bad) maybe we should swap brains for a day.

Why the fuck is a blues jr III so expensive in Australia? I know everything is expensive here but this seems like a particularly bullshit markup

hey /gg/ what's your opinion on Hagstrom and specifically on the Super Swede series?

Ugly bridge, headstock, and name.

I think I may have found the one guitar that can literally do it all. Anyone have one?

It's a PRS 513 btw.

>Anyone have one?

Any of you faggots drum as well? I want to get a really simple set up, just a kick, snare and hat. What's the most economical way to go about it? Are the cheap electronic kits reasonable?

fingerstyle is MUCH more versatile than picks. Honestly the only genre that doesn't benefit from fingerstyle would be a lot of technical styles of metal.

I mean, I agree. I really enjoy playing fingerstyle. I'd just like to be able to strum as well without feeling disabled.

do you have fingernails on your thumb and index?

i don't have any trouble strumming with my fingers, i just use my thumb for down strokes and index for up strokes

I habitually chew my nails. I should try to stop.

Assuming lipsticks come in a standard size... No.

For me, it's like a muscular Les Paul. Stop tail looks cool and the headstock is classic. I think they make them in China though. (Don't quote me.)

it certainly is a guitar

I wish I could be a super saiyan guitar player.

I think I came up with this lick on my own but it sounds really familiar can someone identify it?

vocaroo.com/i/s1S0dNdveoCI

>jack of all trades, master of none

>le hipster les paul

Don't do that to yourself, user. It's also widely considered to be a woman's guitar.

Protip: stay away from the garbage guitars St. Vincent plays, she chooses guitars because of the way they complement her outfits and not the way they sound.

Over 2 grand for that St. Vincent guitar. It's mental. Probably the same price of a EJ Strat.

The EJ strat is actually good though.

Here /gg/ have a picture of a neat thing I made at work today to help me memorize triad shapes

The EJ strat is amazing. That's why it's mental why the St. Vincent one would be priced in the same range as the EJ strat. As good an artist as she is, she's not really the beacon of great guitar playing.

Where can i find people to jam with? I'm a bassist and looking to find a guitarist to practice skills together. Craigslist was a no go.

Very nice.
I find it easy to remember shapes by using chord shapes I already remember.

You should also add the diminished and augmented triads too.

Ty kind user. That was why I wrote out all the notes at the bottom. I've made a lot of these little papers so I've come to associate major barre chord shape with that jumbled mess down there. It might not be totally obvious, but these are all lined up vertically too, so I can look at a barre chord shape at the bottom, then just look straight up from it and see which triads are there

>You should also add the diminished and augmented triads too.

That is a good idea!

This is from Jody Fisher's Compete Jazz Guitar method. Great way to learn triads because it's incorporated to a progression.

Get one of these cunts.

There is only one shape for each inversion. Just remember that any note on the top two strings is moved one fret higher.

There you go, I've just reduced that whole chart to six shapes.

go 2 bed roman

youtu.be/5HPOeKGyHME

What do you think about my first cover ?

Eric Gales fan?
What kind of strat is that?
It looks like it has a very flat radius.

Hella nice. But I can't stop wondering why the strings are upside down though lol.

Horrendous pickups.

anyone here ever written coltrane-like multi tonic changes ? Or is everyone stuck eternally at major-scale-triad level ?

You've accomplished more than 99% of the faggots on this board, congrats. Now go somewhere you'll be appreciated, and for Christ sake, clean the old dried cum off your fret board, that's disgusting.

I had only a righty guitar so i learned on it

When i started i had ni idea who was eric Gales and even Jimi Hendrix (i discoverd his music 3 years ago)

It's a 2001 strat US but it's a low range strat

GO TO BED ROMAN

Hes a nigger no one will ever like him.
Welcome to /gg/ get better pickups.

How much do I sell my Fender Stratocaster Highway One for?

It's in good condition.

What guitar is that Op?

Big headstock or small headstock? How much of the finish has worn away? Post pics of body.

Frank Vincent Zappa. She's in a band called St. Vincent. She's got a Super Swede and an SG like Frank. Said she was inspired by Frank at 14 or 15. I don't know about her other guitars but I'll give her a pass on the two mentioned. Not fashion choices. Was Zappa a prototypical hipster though?

Zappa sucks.

not because i am poor

Replace the solo with the trickery you did at the end.

Nothing has worn away; it's in excellent condition.

Not sure about the headstock.

Your racist remark is inappropriate.

The condition is not perfect though
It does have some scratches here and there.

lol negro
really cool vid

$550-600, depending on the scratches being light, if perfect $650-700. I could find several at $550 in good condition.

rec me good albums to listen to
i need ideas to write songs for my album

i used to because my band used to practice at my place. honestly, if I had to choose between an electronic kit or a crappy acoustic set, i'd get the electronic. route that fucker with an ezdrummer and you have some pretty damn good sounding drums easy with very little latency, almost zero. but if you have the dough and loud ass instruments are not a problem then fuck yeah acoustic set.

All good posts.

This is basically CAGED system, check it out, if you don't know about it, also, good idea using different shapes for the root, fifth etc, I usually use different colors, but it can be too distracting, thank you for the idea. Also, I agree with the user suggesting diminished and augmented triads, especialy diminished, since they are very useful for interesting dominant chord voicings.

Whats the use for strictly augmented and diminshed stuff? redpill me on it

>Whats the use for strictly augmented and diminshed stuff?

>big headstock
>black pickups and knobs
>HSS
Eww. Somebody will probably buy it though, maybe around $450.
Why are you selling it?

Diminished for backdoor progresions and augmented sounds nice in a V of a II-V-I, that's 2 uses of the top of my head, surely there are more, probably some other anons can talk about it.

Hey fags you should really look into that Jody Fisher Jazz guitar method book the other user mentioned.. The complete edition has the 4 separate books and audio together. You can easily torrent it.

found a diy kit but what's the best roland bee baa clone out there?

POWER STANCE ALERT:

just copped this mij jag bass and its p nice, it needs shielding just like every other jap instrument bc they dont seem to know what THAT is.

any other homies get a new bass recently?

>it needs shielding
Have a lot of neon in your room do ya?

na, i keep getting a feint electronic bzzzz noise and i know its a shielding issue as i had the same with an old mij jazz bass

i just dont get where the interference is coming from

i want a nice squier jaguar bass but im too unemployed to buy it. the bass i have here serves me fine though

it's the first mix where i mic the real bass amp instead of di/amplitubeing it, praise me
clyp.it/uunqpjxu

This is how I've been doing it. But what if you're playing a Root position triad on string set 4 and you want to move to a 2nd inversion triad on string set 1? This chart easily shows you where to move relative to where you are and what you're playing, whereas your six shapes do not. They also don't demonstrate which inversion of which string set goes with which CAGED shape like my nice chart does

CAGED was actually the first thing I ever learned on guitar! I have a feeling diminished triads are gonna have a few awkward stretches based on my experience with regular diminished and m7b5 chords, but looking at these shapes, I think augmented will be the easiest chord grips I've ever seen! I'm pretty stoked to write em out honestly

Thank you for the rec. It will definitely help to get some actual exercises practicing triads specifically

Does /gg/ like my classical i just bought yesterday?

Nice butt

>left handed
>gypsy soundhole shape
>coloured strings
not actually

>paracho
hermano de origen africano

Stop.

>the man with no taste.png
Although i agree on the strings. Those are the ones that came with it, i'll change them later after i make a good nut for it
yea boi

will you use specific tools to make your nut?
i'm needing to make a new one to, but have no idea on how to file the piece of bone accurately

nope, i have a set of feeler gauges that i turned into small saws with another saw, i already made a nut for my LP and i think it came up pretty well.
Also a good tip is to use break a pencil in half (horizontally obv) and use it to mark the height of your frets to get a mark on where to stop going down

What's with the flowery sheets and pink bath robe?

Soundgarden Shirt?

have i showed you my broken acoustic yet

Let's see the headstock and the label in the soundhole. You're like a young man coming in for a quickie. I feel so unsatisfied.

That doesn't look right. I don't think it's just the blur from the movement.

thats electric tape on the lower saide

It's just some guitar made by some dude in paracho. Nothing fancy but it's well made and stuff.
I've been lurking /gg/ for a good while but i almost never post.
What you got m8?

now its just the electrics still to record
youtube.com/watch?v=K1gWQ97jQJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=hbiVo40OsJM

steinberg ur series or tascam us series?

which one is better for recording'n'shit?

I'm thinking about taking a Fender Frontman and turning it into an amp head. Would I be able to just use the existing speaker cable from the combo speaker and wire it up to an output jack? I know that sounds stupid. But I like the clean tone from it and I want to see if it would work with an external speaker or even a 2x12. It's 15W, so I figure that it should be able to push some bigger speakers.

>What you got m8?
Just my Surfcaster tribute, at the moment. Nice neck but cheap "compnents." (You shouldn't have to upgrade a thousand dollar guitar.) Korean made.

Anybody ever use a Sunface (by analogman)? Specifically the new red dot NKT's?

How about the PTD fuzzface, I think it's called the Rotoface? kind of a rare pedal, barely any vids about it, was wondering if any of you /gg/ents might have come across one
pic related

i dont know; one is by steinberg, the old respected jew-named daw brand; but the tascam is expensiver.
i dont have an interface myself, just plug onto the motherboard.

have you looked up if it has an output for external speaker?
if it doesnt, youll have to mod it, its probably not hard though, just open it and take the wires that go to its speaker

Fingers are better. I pluck the low strings on guitar like a bass and use muted notes to improve the rhythm playing. It's really fun. You can make an acoustic sound funky like that. Picks play faster though.

post a clip of that i'm interested

>just plug onto the motherboard
I would also do that if not noises while playing with high gain.

>mfw i could get most of these in time with no slip ups
feels pretty desu t b h

No

It's a quilt and the bottom of my red shorts

>tfw almost bought a Mayones but it didn't have the pickups I wanted
wew