Can we have a underrated albums thread? English Settlement is barely talked about compared to Skylarking...

can we have a underrated albums thread? English Settlement is barely talked about compared to Skylarking. It's a really fantastic album in its own right.
other underrated albums:
>Zammuto- Zammuto
>Soft Machine- Soft Machine
>Simon Finn- Pass the Distance

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w
youtube.com/watch?v=S0D9JyoccOo
youtu.be/8L7S9-o3A4c
youtube.com/watch?v=_UpX8YerrvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

also black sea and white music

>English Settlement
>Zammuto and Soft Machine debuts
we have the exact same fucking taste

Monster Movie is pretty dope. Soundtracks, too.

also, 25 o'clock is great as well

that makes me happy, user.

while YTYRKM will always be the cult crown jewel, I spent more time with the follow-up.

Agreed OP. I seriously think it should be considered a classic album or something, those first six tracks are all objectively 10/10.

XTC are one of the most underrated pop bands of all time

It's maybe a bit underrated, but at the same time it's basically a knock off of Pink Floyd/Velvet Underground except for Yoo Doo Right

I'll need to check that out
I love this album
Father Cannot Yell might just be their best song in their entire discography

There are some absolute gems on English Settlement but I'd say Apple Venus Volume 1 is more consistent and more underrated

I always get this feeling that nobody listens to Randy Newman except for me, so quite a few of his (Good Old Boys, 12 Songs). Both of those albums have some of the best and most genuine songwriting I've ever heard.

Newman is a genius.

underrated albums, you say?

I'm gonna have to listen to Piper and WL/WH again but I think you're being reductive as fuck. you might be dumb desu. can's style is already p much crystallized at this point.

How is it that the most popular and probably most critically acclaimed band of all time even has underrated work?

Black Sea is easily the best XTC album, followed by Skylarking and then English Settlement

Almost as good as Loveless and no one talks about it.

That's the best album cover ever

Sufjan Stevens-tier

I bought this album on vinyl not too long ago and while I really dig it, it's just weak compared to other KC albums imo. Red, Larks' Tongue, and Starless all really outshine it.
I do like it more than ITWOP tho

It's tough to consider that album underrated even if it only has one huge pop hit (Eight days a week)
I think most people who are fans of the Beatles know I'm a loser, No reply, and what you're doing.
It's definitely overshadowed both by the earlier popper albums and the later psychedelic albums but it's good in its own right

pic related is best underrated crimson album imo

Yeah, Iron & Wine doesn't get much recognition around here. "Our Endless Numbered Days" is essential comfy-core imo

On the same vein of "indie artists that are underappreciated here", I think Antony and the Johnsons needs more love. I don't want to get into full cranky mode but it's easy to see with a Antony and the Johnsons how much P4K affects Sup Forums's mindset by seeing how much talk Anohni got compared to the rest of Antony's work...

any album by Happy Jawbone Family Band

I love English settlement. Literally one of the most consistent double albums ever

agreed. there isn't a weak song on the album

bumping with another underrated gem

Never seen this beast mentioned on Sup Forums before

why u got a picture of the white horse hill

btw thats a good place for dogging or hunting out doggers and hitting them with sticks

never got why they never caught on

Lowlife - The Black Sessions
my favorite album of all time & has like 70 ratings on rym

These guys are fucking great

this album is pretty highly regarded. Signal Morning and Mosaics Within Mosaics are more underrated i think, and just as good.

neither are anywhere close (laughable comparisons imo), and it isn't talked about here ever - not from what i've seen anyway.

it is tragic that most of you have never heard of this band before.

i always see one guy posting this. no one else.

this
100 times this
never seen it talked about here

I barely ever see Cardiacs talked about and yet they're such a fantastic band. The Seaside is also a total banger.

Muh nigggaaaaaaaa. Idk if it's THAT underrated, but great fuckin' album.

100% their best release, and one of my all time favourites.

there used to be daily e6 threads and Circulatory System's s/t was pretty much agreed to be the peak of the movement. I love the album, but for some reason Mosaics really resonates with me. Signal Morning is good in its own right, but you're right in that it doesn't compare to the s/t. All i'm saying is that they're both underrated compared to the s/t.

yeah i was one of the main people arguing that

among the 17 year old crowd that makes up much of Sup Forums, sure

so you obviously know that this album is/was discussed a lot on Sup Forums despite saying otherwise. whereas the other two CS albums are not
kek. honestly not many people I know even know of the band, aside from my mom who knows their hits (Making Plans for Nigel, Senses Working Overtime)
maybe it's because I'm a canadafag

Yes

Outstanding posts

I only know of this band because of High Fidelity

bump.

youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w

i listened to this cause you posted it here. pretty cool stuff

In the spirit of halloween

Maybe not unddrrated in the sense that this is generally regarded to be her best work, but this album (as well as Lisa Germano in general) does not get anywhere the veneration that it deserves to have. This is seriously one of the best albums ever and I fucking swear I'm not just saying this because of scaruffi

Great albums

Decent albums

Still need to listen to this

they generally get pidgeonholed into sporkcore bullshit and memed ironically, but they seriously are insanely amazing and inspire some of the wildest exhibitions of devotion I've ever seen

cass mccombs - mangy love
natural child - okey dokey

speaking of XTC this just came up on youtube and until just now I had no idea it even existed. There's no way to describe it.

youtube.com/watch?v=S0D9JyoccOo

Honestly I think my favorite XTC album is The Big Express. English Settlement is great as well.

A band I've always thought were very underrated.

The Wolfgang Press - Queer
>Three Dog Night cover
youtu.be/8L7S9-o3A4c

That's just a compilation of 25 O'Clock and Psonic Psunspot.

never see this talked about on Sup Forums but it's great weird power pop

bill FUCKING nelson
(great but earlier albums even better)

My favorite album of all time.

And I've only ever seen 1 user besides myself post it.

for example...
Game Theory - Dripping With Looks: youtube.com/watch?v=_UpX8YerrvE