You faggots will argue about anything

You faggots will argue about anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6 / 2 ( 1 + 2)
math.berkeley.edu/~gbergman/misc/numbers/ord_ops.html
m.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6÷2(1+2)
eduplace.com/math/mathsteps/4/a/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

9 no arguing here

Fuck off, cunt. It's 1.

its 1...

The answer is false.

This

After parenthesis, it's multiplication and division in the order presented

9, math has no arguing, only one answer is true

[6/2*3 for retarded fags]

Some people say multiplication is done before division, others say multiplication and division are the same operation and thus they must be done from left to right. If you do it by multiplying first, it's 1, if you do parenthesis, then left to right, it's 9.

Nothing to argue about.

The answer is a positive, rational, prime, whole number, that's square root if multiplied by -1 is i

No, division isn't necessarily before multiplication. But it does depend what is included in the denominator

Wrong. ? is not a mathematical symbol.

"No"

No what?

>Some people say multiplication is done before division

Brackets then divide ez

Yep

This. If you genuinely believe it's 1, you need to relearn the order of operations.

One plus two is three. Just to know. Six divided by two is three. Three times three is nine. Ergo, the answer is nine. Almost thought it was one.

Tell that to calculators then

Actually, this one is debated by mathematicians. They don't all agree on handling the implied multiplication.
Like this:
6 / 2 * (1 + 2)
there is no question, the answer is 9.

But some claim the implied mult. should go after the exponent, and before the mult&div
PE(implied mult)MDAS
(BTW, this is how some Casio calculators do it). It's easier to visualize this using the pic. This gives the answer of 1.

In the end, both can be considered correct. The majority do go with 9, but not an overwhelming majority.

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6 / 2 ( 1 + 2)
u think ur smarter than a computer?

2(1+2) is not 1 quantity. If it were (2(1+2)) what you put would be right, but it's not 6 over the quantity 2(1+2), it's 6 divided by 2 times the quantity 1+2.
my calculator gave me 9.

Why not seperate them? like 6/2 * 1/(1+2)

and this would make what sort of difference exactly?

You have to seperate 6/2(1+2)=6/2 * 1/(1+2)=6/2 *1/3

both division and multiplication are of equal importance, and since division comes first in this example, its clear as fucking day its 9, if you think anything else you fail at math and probably life too. fact

To see the exact solution

Pemdas faggots. Parentheses, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction. It's called the order of operations.

6/2(1+2)=6/2 * 1/(1+2)=6/2 *1/3= 3 *1/3 = 3/3 = (6*1)/(2*3)

(6*1)/(2*3)=6/6

My point is that even professional mathematicians don't agree on this one. If it had been written as 6 / (2(1+2) or as 6 / 2 * (1+2) the result would be clear (1 or 9 respectively). As it stands, there is no absolute rule for handling the implied operation.
You can, if it helps clarify
Thank you, double dubs comes through

2+2=4-1=3 QUICK MAFFS ! SMOKE TREES

Are you fucking serious? It's 1.

This is taught in many schools, yes.

its 1 and if you disagree you didnt go to school

It's 1 and anyone who says otherwise is an uneducated PHAGUT

This

Nice bait, learn how to read the equation.

The rule is called "go phuck yourself phagit" it's 1.

6/2 =8
1+2=3

>8(3) is the answer you morons

To simply you remove the brackets (something to do with bracket removal)

Answer is

Explicit multiplication and division are done left to right, equal precedence. The debate comes with Implied multiplication, as in 2(3). Some say it is a unique operator and should be done before division, others treat it like normal multiplication. Even the calculator companies can't agree on this.

why op. why are you so gay. you know these faggots will argue over anything, so why start shit?I swear to god, its people like you that fuck people up to a point where they want to kill jews. hell I wouldn't be surprised if a person like you was to blame for there evan being a second world war. get a life faggot.

i got 4?

U got me.

math.berkeley.edu/~gbergman/misc/numbers/ord_ops.html

No one cares you ass belonker

Undefined slope

U have to square root it, multiply by 2, do the bottom first, jumping jacks, slap your math teacher, steal the red pen, and mark an A+ on your exams.

All you niggas sayin anything other than 6 are forgetting FOIL method on dat parentheses... Niggas dumb out here lmao

Do that in your math class and you will earn yourself a stinky F

It's 9

Dude..
Finish it u didnt finish it finish it you only did the parentheses.

Anyways im pretty sure most math teachers would say its 1 because you foil it or some shit.

Stupid faggots, you go from left to right, so its 9

6÷2(1+2)
Time to trigger people.
6÷2+4
3+4 =7

Are you even allowed to foil this because that's what it be

I always learned you multiply the number hugging the parentheses first.

No you cannot foil this that way. You'd have to foil the (6÷2) as it's own term. You can't just separate the 2 out of it.
>6÷2(1+2)
>3(1+2)
>(1(3)+2(3))
>(3+6)
>9

After solving the inside first of course

You do if it doesn't have anything attached to it but because 6÷2 comes first you do it first as shown here

6÷2(1+2)

6÷2(3)

6÷6 = 1

Berkeley link above shows it could be either 9 or 1.

Except that's wrong retard
>6÷2(3)
Multiply AND divide from left to right is the next step
>3(3)
>9

googling it.....
ha!!!
BTFO!!!
end of discussion

Granted this should be written
6 (1+2)

It's 9 faggots

No dumbass. Ive passed calculus in college already. I either always did it that way or never encountered it.

Either way look at the berkeley link.

I think the "rule" or convention is that operators of the same precedence, in this case multiplication and division, are done left to right.

6÷2(1+2) = goFuckYoSelf

>he thinks he's hot shit cuz of calculus 1
>look at this nigger and laugh
See
Or just fucking Google it

m.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6÷2(1+2)

Nine

i dont like the pink rectangle.

That's magenta

Welp fuck that link above for misleading me. eduplace.com/math/mathsteps/4/a/index.html

Seems it is 9. It's possible since i used the calculator a lot, i didnt do this mistake even though I thought it was done differently

Yup most calculators now a days eliminate the need to know this kind of shit any way. But it's 9 and it'll always be 9 but because of retards who can't read equations, 6÷2(1+2) will be seen as ambiguous even though it really isn't. Basically we always have to account for retards.