Do you flash brights to warn ppl of of speed traps?

inb4 "not politics," it is bc I'm wondering how the changing demographics are influencing White altruism.

Just now, coming home on NJ turnpike, noticed a speed trap targeting other side. Growing up, my father took us on a ton of weekend car trips to nowhere, Civil War battle fields, etc.. and I thought it was a cool gesture, i.e. "save another driver from a bullshit ticket."

Then it dawned on me that I hadn't seen anyone do it in a long time, and maybe other drivers didn't even get the meaning.

Do people here still do this in US? Do people in Euro nations do it at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BKdbxX1pDw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People do it all the time in Mass dude.

bump. interested to hear from others too...

It'll get you arrested in Florida. That and they shouldn't be speeding anyway. You'll get to where you're going sooner if you follow the limit.

I wonder if it happens more in White states where people assume other drivers are White and not negroes hopped up on crack.

Always has been the one thing in IS culture where people do it...not sure if they do it just out of altruism, or a sense that they hate highway cops just trying to fill ticket quotas...

This probably has less to do with race than you think it does.

>shouldn't be speeding anyway
I don't mean if a dude is doing..120 or something. If you've ever driven I-95, when you get near providence, there are areas where it suddenly changes from 65 to 45 and often they wait there to catch people who didn't notice.

Would you say it's justified? Was thinking about it, seems like one of the last purely altruistic things people do in our society.

But haven't seen in happen in a few years, esp after the stores about nigger gangs waiting for you to flash them for not having lights on to kill you or whatever....

>less to do with race
Do you think blacks would do it at same rate as Whites, just to save someone else a ticket?

MAybe I'm wrong but can't imagine that...

Tennesseefag here, the roads where I live are bumpy as shit, so it's hard to tell if some is flashing their high beams at night, or if they just have shitty suspension. But during the day I've done that shit and see others do it.

Don't have many of those areas around here so I can't comment.

Personally I think signs should be larger with the fine amount for speeding posted on the as well.

How about you drive the LEGAL speed limit you fucking illegal.

I do, but I wait to see if there's another cruiser in the foreground - they'll ticket you for that warning flash.

also have seen it on I-95 up near Worester where you would start heading toward Boston.

have heard you can get a ticket for it, which I think is bullshit.

Also, this practice seems to show a sort of solidarity against cops--at oeast traffic cops-- just trying to make their quotas.

again, not talking about the nigger doing 125mph in a 65". But in areas where it suddenly switches from 65 to 45 and they wait there to cstch you.

I still do it user....

Black people aren't aliens dude, they're not that different.

Can confirm, Lowell MA reporting in.

>implying road laws aren't 60 years out of date

Arizona here.

You bet your ass I warn people.

I never even knew this was a thing

I used to do this after my parents taught me about it.

It takes some courage to do. You might be flashing your lights at on-coming police who may mark you. I think people are more afraid generally than they used to be.

That said I stopped doing it recently because my thoughts on it changed.

I drove past one recently and the guy driving me flashed every fucking car that came against us, blinding me.

If I was in burgerland I would have shot the cunt

>they're not that different.
Maybe not, but this just doesn't seem like something they'd be prone to do.. fish I had a way to get data on this.

Obviously, that are anit-police but I just don't see blacks ever doing this sort of thing; i.e., warning drivers of what is basically a police scam to fuck over normal people.

Can any Euros comment on if you all do this or anything like it??

*the guy driving behind me

herp

I do this but i noticed that it has become less common probably because people are cowards and dont care about their fellow citizens.

well arent you a good little commie

I do it. Also did a short stint as an OTR trucker early this year. Kept my truckin' niggas updated.

Pa here, yeah I do it. It's in itself a deterrent to speeding. "Oh man, a cop was over here before, luckily some dude warned me. I should slow down."

>warning drivers of what is basically a police scam to fuck over normal people.

Watched a car go thro a pedestrian crosswalk with guy crossing on the other side of the road - immediately cruiser appears from side street and pulls him over.

$500 fine in MA...more money for the city.

I'm surprised to see this "tradition" between drivers in any other country than mine, flash-to-warn about a speed radar.

I would eliminate those radar indicators, everyone must respect the rules.

It's this. The fear of being arrested by the State. Even though the action has been widely upheld in many places to be Constitutional under the First Amendment.

It's not about race and demographics, it's about the fear of the violence the State can bring upon the individual for disrupting their revenue generating schemes.

Where I live in Texas Mexican gang initiates would intentionally drive around with a bulb out and in order to join the gang they had to murder whoever flashed their brights first.

>drove past one recently and the guy driving me flashed every fucking car that came against us
So people do it in Ireland? would be interested to know if Frogs/britbongs also do.

It would seem that the more homogenous the society, the more incentive drivers would have to be altruisitc and warn other drivers about such things when there is no benefit to themselves.

I do it bc I know for a fact others going it for me have saved me getting tickets, and I feel like I'm responsible in some way to "pay it forward."

Again, I don't mean jamal doing 125 in his escalade with rims, I mean normal White drivers...

it's not a bullshit ticket if you're actually speeding

speeding increases the % chance of accidents and also makes accidents more deadly, costly, and/or injurious when they happen

build wall el paso

English ex pat - they do it over there too.

Some things are just international I guess.

Hmmm...any Africans care to comment?

Fuck no. I speed everywhere and I've never been pulled over. If you're too retarded to avoid getting pulled over you deserve it.

They do it where I live all the time.

The people who don't are novice drivers

The rule is 10% over the limit cops don't give a fuck. I don't flash anyone because if they don't know where cops hide I don't want them around my parts. Keep your eyes open. Responsibility is more important than altruism
Potato niggers are stupid and far more aggressive than canadians. You guys should be vanned ones not us.

It's usually a warning to the other driver to dip their main beam as I'm blind and cant see - at night night time.

During the day, it means - you go ahead, even to people walking. So if I have right of way and flash then it's a signal to let someone cross the road or continue. It's very common.

Tooting the horn, or beeping or whatever burgers call it is GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY YOU CUNT YOU JUST TRIED TO KILL ME AND MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!! SSHHHHHH III I I II I I II I I TTTTTTTT.

>12 year old in the thread detected

It's still a thing here in England.

I was actually thinking this the other night. I flash them if there is cop, animal, or just some general issue ahead to warn them. Haven't had one do it back to me in a long time.

>Mexican gang initiates would intentionally drive around with a bulb out
I've heard about this shit. But we're not talking about flashing a car no having no headlights, just warning a bunch of oncoming traffic ther eis a speed trap ahead.

My guess, based on my study of social psych, is that it would be more common in more homogenous areas, where people feel a sense of community and loyalty to one another.

I'm trying to think of any other comparable analogy...this really does seem "unique" in terms of a way to measure levels of altruism in an area.

CA, yes.
I've only been warned, not the other way around.
:^(

never heard of it

Do it all the time, and still see plenty.

and it extends past more than just speed traps, if there a big congregation of cops or even just annoying bullshit on the road its nice to flash your brights and let other drivers know somethings up

I only flash at night to let people know they can turn if we arrive at a 4 way at the same time otherwise everyone sits around like idiots.

that area of providence is a nightmare confirmed.

i remember a couple years ago they had a permanent state trooper at that spot at all times just to pull people over.

Underrated post.

>never heard of it
would you mind giving roughly your age and area of nation where you live?

This actually seems like a cool topic to do some sort of article on and see if I can get it published, bc obviously it seems the practice is dying (at least in some parts of US).

user, if you could give approx age and area of nation where you live, please do.

here it is forbidden

REALLY there are policemen hiding BEHIND trees to make sure you don't blink to warn them from speed-traps

Honking? You fucking pussy
>boop the bell
Holy shit you're probably voting stay aren't you?
I don't have a light on one side. Is that why I never get flashed?

Bullshit. More accidents happen because people are going 5 under the limit than because of 5 over. Plus the speed limits in many areas is set arbitrarily and often times lower than necessary specifically with the goal of revenue generation.

And reducing damage / injury is a red herring. There have been major developments in crash safety features while no considerable increase in average speed limits since the late 80's.

It's all about the difference in speeds.

youtube.com/watch?v=2BKdbxX1pDw

People still do it here.

AR fag here. It isn't as common as it used to be but it still happens here. I do it sometimes depending on the situation.

i am
>rea of providence is a nightmare
That fucking place, right as you get near the exits for Brown, with literally no warning, suddenly change from 65 to 45, and if you aren't an obsessive driver as I am, fucking so easy to get a ticket...

And the scum police hemselves up RIG

I only do it if it's during the day and I can see that the on coming car is not a cop. At night I can't tell who is behind that pair of headlights and they can actually pull you over for flashing highbeams. So I don't do it at night.

The funny thing is I'm going into law enforcement and still do this. Speed traps are just County revenue bullshit and only serve to provide the local government with easy money.

Bet you wished here.

We help each other out and have a healthy disdain for the 5-0 when they try to infringe upon our constitutional right to drive 40 in a 35 zone.

>People still do it here
Ah, so it's still common in portugal. Really want to do a thorough study on this phenom, including nations and areas of US where

well it is also a MUST to blink to the people if behind you something fishy is going on, like an accident or a tree that lies around

I hope not that you pretend that your country is more "helpy" to others than european country

in your country people beat each other up with hammers because of a parking space

Lol toothpaste. Making roads a safe space. Cuck

LUXEMBOURG

Found the faggot

this thread is now under the leadership of the grand-duke army

Delaware here. I do indeed flash my highbeams when I pass through a speed trap on 95 or route 1. Speed traps are bullshit.

bump. one of few intersstong threads I've seen here on a very long tome.

Hi guys

>traveling south into virginia
>a gorillion signs warning you to put away your radar detectors under penalty of law
>it's illegal to pick up on unencrypted radio signals that are being freely transmitted across the airwaves

i always have and always will flash my brights to warn fellow drivers of speedtraps. fuck cops first of all. fuck tickets, and to hell with you bootlicker faggots cucks that support pigs and jewtickets.

FLASH THEM LIGHTS BABAY, ALERT THE GOYIM TO THE JEWTRAPS.

>Tickets are given to drivers who ignore traffic laws, endangering themselves and others in the process
>Warning them of a potential cop enables their dangerous driving habits and deprives the state of revenue

Why would you do this?

m8, I don't know all the varieties of English.
honking
tooting
beeping
blasting

I don't give a fuck. I know what they all mean.
For fuck's sake.

If I spoke in my dialect you wouldn't understand a word. That's why I use standard British English for phone calls, job interviews, typing shit on a Cambodian stained glass window newsletter. For me there are two Englishles that I speak and a fuckton that I understand. You sound like some cunt telling me that 'colour' is utterly stoooopid because it should be 'color'.
Fuck off.

There's a type of international English based mainly on US and British 'standard' and that's what we're using.
For fuck's sake.
Do you speak the same to your family and friends in comparison to how you speak to an employer of a priest?
Bonglish and Burgerese as the SAME FUCKING LANGUAGE. With tiny differences.
Aussie is similar to Bonglish with some differences, but it's closer to Bonglish than it is to Burgerese.
Cunts even drive on the correct side of the road. Unlike you French leafcunts.

Around here many people do. I was actually taught about it when studying for my license. Common courtesy is a thing even amongst Jooz.

very common in Poland.

yes and you'll get a blast

>yfw based Henri doesn't blink for burgers

I talk how I want when I want. Deal with it nigger

Nothing to see here, only world leaders shaking hands with princesses

>yfw Americant's can't have that

My mom does this all the time and I think it's stupid because you shouldn't be breaking the law in the first place.

Did they teach you how to stop on a dime?

And how to pick it up?

come to think of it, i haven't seen a speedtrap in half a year.

Netherlands Queen just got captured, pay 50billion or we serve her dirty walloon waffles

Yes.

You goddamned cucked ass motherfucker. The speed limit isn't a limit; it's a recommendation.

If you ain't going the limit at a minimum, you need to get the fuck out of the road you pussy ass most likely bus riding ass wife's son ass motherfucker.

Wasn't it declared protected free speech awhile ago

nice try. we all know your kind around here you money grabbing kike.

Do it faggot

this
dont be such a white knight that you get yourself rekt

>The speed limit isn't a limit; it's a recommendation.
said the burger, just before the policeman Tyron daQuant took him and threw him into jail

Italian fag here. People are used in doing this only in the south. Specifically, we southern do it to warn about roadblock of police car besides the speed trap. My father once told me that Albanian people used to start this tradition since, I suppose, the used to do it back in Albany.

Can confirm, this morning someone flashed me. Also have (not) done it myself.

Upstate NY here, I do it, but I rarely get it back. My father always sped, and he always did it. I don't speed personally, but I did warn other drivers

Yea, you're right.
But there's a huge difference between rural and urban driving.
Common decency and good manners is essential for an easy drive.

Pic is the most dangerous road in England. It's near my home town. It's very fucking remote. And we have the nearest emergency services for miles on that road.

A66. Complete death trap.

They don't generally pull over for anything under 15 over the limit.

5-8 over the limit is my sweet spot. Going right at the limit makes you look suspicious trying to avoid the law.

Always run a few miles over because it shows you "have nothing to hide"

BTW, please accept my apologies as I forgot you residents of the Umayyad Caliphate use some jigaboo ass shit called "kilometers"

Don't you have to attend a Limp Bizkit concert dudebro?

Plus, in italian driving code is forbidden to flash other than to warn an imminent danger or to alert to overtake another car

And those accidents are far less deadly on average.
More people get burned by accidentally touching the oven than from being outside in a lightning storm, but which one do we warn against the most?

If you don't accept that Luxembourg is the best country on earth we'll let the Lion loose.

>but which one do we warn against the most?

Well.. which one then?

nobody follows the law in southern Italy. I was just there. It is fucking chaos on the roads and everyone just honks their damn horns non stop even when you are at a red light and have nowhere to go. What a bunch of retards you guys are behind the wheel of a car. Stick to pasta Mario you guys can't drive.