So what would happen if a visitor tried to stab another visitor not knowing that he was in fact a visitor...

So what would happen if a visitor tried to stab another visitor not knowing that he was in fact a visitor? He would obviously not be able to shoot him, because the guns don't work on visitors, but in this case a knife could be used to stab another visitor, right? Would one of the hosts go into robocop mode and interfere?

What if [/spoiler]I were to post a thread on Sup Forums? Would it get replies? Obviously the guest would get fuckin stabbed and that would be the end of the stay for the stabber[/spoiler]

I'm sure we'll find out.

I'm also going to take a wild guess and speculate that the park has state of the art medical facilities and any kind of life threatening injury is easily treatable. That, or the visitors sign a disclaimer knowing full well they could be injured or worse while inside the park.

I imagine they sign a shit-ton of wavers, and perhaps they only allow one guest (or a familiar group) at a time to minimize that chance. So far it seems like the hosts only intervene to save Hannibal Lecter, who knows.

Foot/Fart fags need not contribute. Stop posting. Forever.

on the delos website they have a disclaimer for stuff like that so it's possible but i'm sure the hosts will do whatever they can to restrain

>visit Westworld
>go to a secluded area and find some kid who asks me if I'm lost
>I say, "Not any more."
>sodomize him orally and anally
>get charged with rape and because pedophilia is legal in the future, I beat the rap, but just barely
Fucking Westworld, man. Couldn't they make it a little clearer who is and is not a host?

sick frogposter

Well if you murder someone you would probably get arrested and face real world legal repercussions. Visitors probably know who other visitors are.

Yeah but how?

What if you run into some LARPer?

> Would one of the hosts go into robocop mode and interfere?
Yes they would. It's called "good samaritan reflex".

Why did Elsie and Stubb have to physically locate the stray host in episode 3? They don't have exact global positioning systems in the future?

mentally ill frogger

i agree, that was very weird

The guests aren't following assigned routes like the robots are. It would be pretty simple to pick out the humans considering they're the ones acting invincible and enjoying themselves. That and it seems there is always a guide npc helping them follow the plot of the quests.

Probably set up so that the guides keep visitors away from each other, occupied in the quests. That plus they have a hard limit on the number of visitors so they're easily corralled into not harming each other.

They still had to go out there and get it, even knowing its exact location.

What I'm getting at is you could go outside and get stabbed by anyone. The park is the same, so using your brain you might want to stay on the safe side and use the pretend "gun" to kill rather than say burn a building full of potentially real people down. Common sense shit.

In the original movie, the eyes were the only thing that gave it away.

In this one, they are too lifelike.

What if a guest got another guest pregnant because he thought they were a host and they were both heavily LARPing?

No, there are multiple guests in the park at the same time.

Given the park is in a remote location and much of the staff lives there, it's a safe bet they have medical facilities on site.

I'd guess that the people watching the map would dispatch park security to detain the stabber and EMTs to assist the victim. The stabber would be questioned, statements would be taken, reports would be filled out and the pertinent authorities would be called. That's assuming the park is under some kind of legal jurisdiction, if it's an "international waters" sort of thing security would probably just shoot the stabber.

Didn't they say that they had over 1000 visitors in the park in ep2 or something?

Am I just remembering wrong?

>What if a guest got another guest pregnant
Or they raped them? Or killed them?

You assume there is only one instance of the park operating at any giving time.

Didn't this literally just happen in the last episode? Teddy grabbing the MIB's knife?

but they were looking for it for some time, as if they didn't know exactly where it was

But that's because their creator was present there, and he can control them mentally or some shit.

See
The location of every guest and host is constantly monitored.

Probably right, but then consider that Disneyland gets something like 30,000 people visiting a day and Westworld would be smalltime. Probably easier once the guests start moving out into the park away from each other.

There is some validity to the defense that they just didn't know they were attacking a guest, and it's bound to happen with 1400 guests on any particular day.

And that's why security detains and questions them.

And they also probably get some kind of safety orientation and have to sign waivers.

also, i would guess that westworld is much larger than disneyworld, from what has been shown, it looks like it's huge

If you account for the fact that guests are shrunk, you mean.

yeah, but i mean, if there's onyl 1400 guests for that big of a place, it's kind of unlikely that they would find each other (except for in the most populated areas), but if they did, it would also be unlikely that they would know that it was a guest and not a host

it costs 40k a day to be there- should give you an idea of the calibre of clientele frequenting the place
your not getting the obese, cotton candy munching, 200 dollar season ticket holders who we associate with amusement parks today

Using the show itself to work off, it's pretty clear that most guests act differently than the hosts.

Going off speculation and logical extrapolation, it's safe to assume that the park has orientation for guests that says "hey, there are other real humans in here with you so be sure that girl is a host before you rape her, OK?" And given that the park has armed security, they have procedures in place for what to do if one guest hurts another, intentionally or otherwise.

> Pay $40k a day to go to WestWorld
> Shoot every robot in the Saloon

How do they make a profit?

if they made the host's ass blood blue it would ruin the immersion

Repairing robots is cheap enough, I assume. Also, remember when MiB shot up Lawrence's cousins or whatever, in the control room they mentioned that fact and didn't interfere only because MiB has some kind of special privileges.

>They don't have exact global positioning systems in the
the first fucking thing she did in the lab was roll the woodcutter over and scan his back which said GPS UNIT: MALFUNCTIONING

>In the original movie, the eyes were the only thing that gave it away.
They also had no fingerprints, and I didn't even see the movie. Step it up senpai

This makes sense. Thank you for your answer. It's contrived, but it at least explains it.

>What if a guest got another guest pregnant because he thought they were a host and they were both heavily LARPing?

free souvenir

When a Guest signs their waivers, they receive permission to damage or destroy Westworld property within the park. Guests are NOT Westworld property. Guests MAY NOT intentionally injure or kill other Guests. Any injuries or deaths inflicted by one Guest to another is a legal and civil matter between those Guests exclusively. Westworld may not be held liable for the injury or death of any person in the park for any reason. Guests enter the park willingly, with full acknowledgement of the risks inherent to the park.

It is the exclusive responsibility of the Guest to obey all rules within the park. Ergo, it is the ultimate responsibility of the Guest to ensure the being they are harming is in fact property of Westworld and not another Guest.

In other words, you are legally liable for every punch you throw, knife you swing, and bullet you fire. So long as you are hitting Westworld property, you are absolved from responsibility, but as soon as you strike another Guest the park is no longer involved, it becomes a legal dispute between the Guests.

> There will never be a little Puerto Rico world where everyone carries knives

sad really

Right? What if you want to go on a GTA-style killing spree because it's what your heart desires. There'd be some collateral damage on fellow guests surely.

So you'd need to ascertain and discern the person you're interacting with is indeed an android before stabbing them in the neck? Immersion ruined!

THE SHOW IS NAMED WESTWORLD
NOT STABWORLD

5/10

i giggled

>no stabworld show

>What if you want to go on a GTA-style killing spree because it's what your heart desires

GTA world
why, that's absurd

Better stick to completely lifelike VR, which is considerably more plausible than anything that happens in Westworld and probably would be much cheaper.

VR doesn't come with the genuine smell of burning horseflesh

Smell-O VR

Neither does Westworld, the horses are robots.

Synthetic flesh.

VR isn't real enough for a lot of people. The MiB mentions people come to the park because they live a life without any real challenge, or adventure, or pain. People come to the park because they want to feel the recoil of the gun, smell the burnt powder, have to actually seduce the cute girl, actually have to physically struggle to rape her.

The risk of the park is part of the appeal. The park control staff simply make sure it is a well mitigated risk.

If they have a shrinkray I'm sure they can also manipulate time.

Idiot fuck they have a big-gun to make people bigger and everything else is shrunk.

they use the shrink ray on the stab wound to make it a minimal injury

What if the shrinking process sends them back in time?

then they would be giants stupid

How do you know?
They might be giants.

interesting

fuck you just fuck you i laughed

>Idiot fuck they have a big-gun to make people bigger
that's the twist in season 2, the hosts accidentally find the embiggener setting on all the guns

The real question here is how do they unshrink the people the shrink to put in the park? They never mention having the necessary wumbology to wumbo people back to normal size.

They shrink everything else down to fit it

Just turn your mind off and enjoy the show. Don't worry about plot holes like that.

What if someone trips on their shoelace and fall on the park?

Wouldn't they kill like 500 people?

Velcro, stupid.

Where is this from?

I guess the point is, behave yourself to a degree. And make it your business to use the nano guns at all costs and not melee weapons to avoid accidents.

What if a fly gets in and flies into the park and it is the size of a building, spitting acid on people?

This. I'm really starting to get annoyed about them not showing how the shrinking process works, it gives too much ammunition to the 1:1 fags to shitpost their idiotic theory.

It seems to me leaving it a little ambiguous as to whether they shrink them or not, (even though it's obvious they do to any complete idiot), is an attempt to give the show some depth.

>they shrink the people down to mini size
>they shrink the world down to match the size of the people bringing them back to "full size"
>they're actually at a molecular level right now because they've been shrinking for so long
>we could fit their universe inside a pinhead

As says, they're keeping it a bit ambiguous for now, but once they'll go full Honey, I Shrunk The Guests, we'll see some giant flies and spiders in no time.

who you calling pinhead

>Bitchy boss lady comes waltzing into the control room smoking because she is a strong independent woman who doesn't listen to "No smoking" signs put up by men
>Smoke sets off the fire alarm
>Sprinklers activate
>Westworld becomes Atlantis

> implying this hasn't happened already

>One of the workers spits into Westworld
>kills Teddy

> he's about to fellate the black guy Hughes was working on and this is the only way it'll all fit

The knives are made out of the same smart metal as the bullets.
They harden, blunt, deform or disintegrate intelligently just like how the bullets go from a solid object to a collection of fast moving dust depending on who it's heading towards.

I mean how fucking hard is it to figure this out?

Then why did Teddy grab MiB's knife when he threatened to stab the creator of the park?

show of power

i mean you'd feel like a little bitch having another man try to stab you
and it implies he would actually fight him so fists and other things would happen

if you're the creator of the park why would you even let that guy come near you and scuff your clothes?

i thrusted handle of a blade would still hurt and a punch by a strong adult male could kill an old man anyway

It would have been more powerful looking if they just used the shrink ray to shrink the knife to toothpick size in front of them.

also he might have never tried to stab someone with a park knife before?
he might not even know how the knifes work on real humans because he's never accidentally stabbed another guest before

or maybe he's aware that he's a robot and the knife would actually work on him?

He threatened to slit that guest's throat. I'm guessing it works fine if the people running the park don't get a host to stop them or use the shrink ray.

I'm assuming that if they can make a bullet travelling at speed disintegrate mid-air to make sure nobody dies they would apply that same technology to the knives just because this is a billion dollar organisation propped up on the idea that you can do whatever the fuck you want without getting hurt and so putting that technology into those knives for safety and insurance reasons would be a top priority that wouldn't even be that fucking hard to implement.

I mean really even if you knew that the knife would do nothing would you want that psycho fucker to push you down straddle you and then attempt to cut your throat with a blunt knife?

Do you think you would even let him try when you can just get the robot that's been walking around next to him obediently for the last 24 hours physically stop him from even trying as a show of force and that he's in your world?

I know I would.

>she eats tiny guests in her off time

This just became a haha thread.

>go to Stabworld
>guns are knives
>chairs are knives
>doorknobs are knives
>Host genitalia are knives
>knives are swords

Best $40,000 I ever spent

What if William hadn't shot that host choking Logan? Would he have died? Do hosts have the ability to kill guests as they get further away from the park and the game becomes harder?

> your money has to be folded a thousand times

>What if William hadn't shot that host choking Logan?
The host would have noticed Logan's erection and backed off in disgust