Real Emo only

Real Emo only.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ldjbjwim4k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck you fake emo get out.

top zoz

ok kiddo everyone knows emo died with mcr and was started by mcr

Actually, "Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness).
Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music.
Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta.
Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral
EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE
NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE

real eno

I know this is pasta but seriously, Mineral sounds like a mix of Nickelback-eqsue butt rock of the time period and vague emo. Why do people like this shit?

Waiter, this pasta is stale.

Okay, but real talk, what does Sup Forums define as real emo? Second wave from the 90s?The """revival""" with the likes of twiabp? Anyone who doesn't have a significant following on Reddit?

Only patrician in this thread. Favorite track? Mine is "Sleep".

>real emo
>anything made after the year 2000

this is emo as fuck on some of the tracks, i get the impression sunny day real estate were big pumpkin fans

also hum, youd prefer an astronaut is a great emo album/post hardcore/alt rock album,

the thing with emo is its sort of like shoegaze, it doesnt have one particular sound, its an accumulation of alot of different sounds, e.g some would say my chem is emo, bc of the vocal style and the dark imagery, but others would argue its not bc its trying too hard.

emo music is literally just post hardcore with very emotional lyrical delivery, and post hardcore just an umbrella term for what is basically anything from shoegaze to alt rock to noise rock, to grind

WHEN I WAS

A YOUNG BOII

MY FATHER

took my virginity

>emo thread
>people post either scene shit, indie rock with emo influence, or flavor of the month tumblr shit

see

>twiabp
Fucking stop, you may as well listen to the Front Bottoms at that rate

mathy emo =/= emo
sorry, fags, but real emo is not mathy.

fixd

sorority noise is today's hawthorne heights. get that pleb shit out of here.

what about this

Christie Front Drive

>let's release the same "full-length" half-hour long album three times
Even amongst the plebbiest of pleb pop rock "emo", they're pretty shit. Rather listen to the likes of modern baseball, although I'd also rather listen to fucking nickelback

"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE come on now

Stop. This is fake emo.

>yfw this is the ONLY REEEAL emo song

youtube.com/watch?v=4ldjbjwim4k

Only if by yfw you mean Your Favorite Weapon.

Brand New is the only Real Emo 3rd wave band.