Priesthood

I'm thinking of joining the priesthood after uni. Should I?

Other urls found in this thread:

coptic.net/articles/sayingsofdesertfathers.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
youtube.com/watch?v=J8bxxqytndg
reddit.com/r/Discerning
reddit.com/r/Catholicism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only if you studied math, physics, or philosophy. There are more than enough retards in the church

I'm doing a post grad in Astrophysics

gonna molest some kids eh?

>le god wants you to abstain from procreation (the reason you exist) to have a super special connection to him that the normies dont

This is so fucking retarded. Be fruitful and multiply, nigger

The priesthood of the based god of Slaughter and War Mars, or the priesthood of the kike on a stick who said the kikes are superiors to the goyims ?

I bet you do

read the sayings of the desert fathers.

coptic.net/articles/sayingsofdesertfathers.txt

> Abba Abraham told of a man of Scetis who was a scribe and did not eat bread.
A brother came to beg him to copy a book. The old man whose spirit was engaged
in contemplation, wrote, omitting some phrases and with no punctuation. The
brother, taking the book and wishing to punctuate it, noticed that words were
missing. So he said to the old man, 'Abba, there are some phrases missing.'
The old man said to him, 'Go, and practise first that which is written, then
come back and I will write the rest.'

I think about OFM CAP all the time, bud.
Your question is not one for another man to answer.

kek. diddler alert.

The 'd seems to have escaped you

>philosophy

LMAO

Don't fall for the Jewish tricks man, if you have a high IQ than reproduce, otherwise your not doing anyone any good, the fact that the smartest whites were tricked into not reproducing and spreading their genes is sad, don't get dooped

child molester pls go

practicing a superstition in 2015?
what is it, the authority status?

If you're serious then prepare yourself now. The life of the clergy is one of discipline and renunciation. There can be a unique kind of joy that goes with it, but that's given by the grace of God in old age after a life in service to others. Most if not all young men are too desirous and fitful to live in a convent and devote themselves to the Church. Before you consider living as a priest or a monk you need to read the catechism and the bible and follow the precepts of the Church: go to mass every Sunday and Holy Day; fast and abstain on days appointed by the Church; go to confession at least once a year; receive Holy Communion at Easter (and every Sunday in layman's devotion, or almost every day for clergy); give donations to your local Church when the collection plate goes around, and do service work for congregational members, or do community service; and observe the laws of the Church when it comes to personal relations, especially friendship and marriage. The catechism will inform you of all these things in good detail. The EWTN can keep you company when you are tempted to do other sinful things. Also, go talk to a priest if you're really considering giving yourself to the Church.

Do you like sucking dick?

he likes to touch little boys of course

Thanks

join NAMBLA, it doesn't have as many restrictions.

Only I'm catholicism, orthodoxy and "others" get to marry.
I thought being pagan was the thing, you guys just going for roman gods now?

Same for me. I'm gay and conservative catholic. Is it a good idea?

>Imlying you can just join priesthood
Requirement for being priest is 5 years of university theology.

>Being cucked by God himself

I'm probably going to join. Seems like a good choice. And I'm sure being gay doesn't really matter.

I'll do it.

If you wanna waste your life living in fear of phantoms that don't exist, then sure. Just do he greater good a favor and don't reproduce.

Remember that if you dont major in dogmatics or exegetics, you are degenerate.

>5 years
That's nothing in the life of the Church. It's over a thousand years old and decisions are made over generations. If someone who's baptized into the Church wants to go on the path of a priest or monk or nun they need to do these preliminaries and then go to a Catholic seminary school. The Church will pay your way but only as long as you keep your commitments to the order and the faith. Otherwise you will be stuck with debts like millions of laymen and non-Catholics. Then you will need a miracle. But whether you're in debt or not, there's no salvation outside of the Church. You need to Faith and the Holy Sacrament.

5 Years is the entry requirement. After that there is 2 year seminar along the working. Naturally the whole learning process lasts for lifetime.

The Authoritarians

>no getin at the vag
>only fucking little boys
sounds like the general /pol path anyway so go for it

Ever thought about becoming a monk? I think, I would prefer that, also because I don't think I have the capability to be a good priest.

Here's some proof for the existence of God:
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
youtube.com/watch?v=J8bxxqytndg

I'm also considering the preisthood, OP.

What's the most interesting place to be a priest? So far, I'm considering either Chicago (only because I live there) or Japan.

Pic related. My battlestation/shrine

Youtube videos of pseudoscience isn't proof of anything.

Celibacy of the priests is not a biblical doctrine.

1. Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Titus 1:6-7 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

Matthew 8:14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

1. Timothy 4:1-4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Haven't thought about it really. I'm definitely more interested in being a priest than following my potential degree into a career though.

You should have done it before uni. They would pay for your education.

If you like your community then stay put, but if you like living abroad then make sure it's a place where you could actually live. Certain places would be too big of a cultural shock imo

Celibacy became a thing because priests were being corrupt as fuck and diverting funds and making their family rich. The whole purpose of making priests celibate was as a way to make sure the priest's sole devotion was to the church.

Of course, the problem with this plan is that only allowing men to join the priesthood if they promise never to get their dick wet or have children is that it therefore ends up attracting a bunch of homos and other degenerates that use the priesthood as a way to try to escape from themselves. Hence all the kid-diddling. Which by the way, isn't just a problem with catholic priests. Rabbis too.

>implying authority and dogma are bad for self-knowing and social life
Read some Descartes and Vico. If you're not dogmatic you become useless or ineffectual from self-doubt; and knowledge of truth is made inconceivable since there's no authority to judge, i.e. oneself, one's society and one God.

>self-knowing
yeah, that's what this was about

But you don’t have to know anything to insist
you’re right, no matter what. Dogmatism is by far the best fall-back defense, the most
impregnable castle, that ignorance can find.

If you like feet, why not.

>the church therefore ends up attracting a bunch of homos and other degenerates that use the priesthood as a way to try to escape from themselves.
God created people with same-sex attractions to go into the priesthood. Now the secular, irreligious society the people accept unhealthy, impious behavior like sodomy and sex without marriage. The Western world is knowingly rejecting God and the Church without shame and so they cannot raise their spirits but wallow in vulgarity and sin. There's always been degeneracy in society but in the past it was curbed by institutions like the Church. The desires of men were turned to the eternal God and not the fetish objects of consumer culture.

>Dogmatism is by far the best fall-back defense, the most impregnable castle, that ignorance can find.
Yeah, because reading thousands upon thousands of pages explaining why single dogma is in its current state, is ignorance. You are nothing but degenerate relativist.

Only catholic.

Yes.

you know what i thought about in my teens and 20s?
you're just a cult of the sexually dysfunctional and useless

but you still believe?

>yeah, that's what this was about
Are you affirming my statement or trying to argue what? My point is that without personal or cultural dogmas there is no functioning society. It seems to me that we take them for granted, from our beliefs to our expectations and memories. Also, authoritative tradition is not necessarily a fall-back defense that's intellectually bankrupt; rather it's a good source of certainty for people to lead active and healthy lives. An uncertain state of mind and material insecurities are not sustainable - man cannot live this way. He falls into despair.

Of course

you're a right winger
there must be absolute truths.
are you sure?

I feel like that only warranted one post.

I've had 2 girlfriends. One when I was 16 for about 6 months and then one when I was 18 for 2 months. I'm not socially awkward (that's one of the reasons I want to be a priest) but I am still a virgin.

really, why did they leave? you're openness?

Good luck man, if you think God is calling you then go on.

You're not alone, brother. I'm already speaking with the vocation director in my archdiocese to join.

I'm 19 and just finished by first year of uni, so my case is different.

You should only join if you think you'll be able to live by the rules. Practice what you preach.

The first one split with after a fight and the second one I split with because she was pretty mean spirited and callous. The sort of girl that if you married she'd divorce you if it meant she got a lot of money.

Thanks

Good luck man

How's Catholicism doing in the UK, anyways?

We're still doing rather well over here, but I think that traditional parishes (FSSP and other Latin ones) will dominate in the next ~50 years. :)

the second one; she would not submit to your control?

I would probably try working for at least a couple of years to experience life outside of the whole uni environment thing. If I still felt the same way I would become a priest and would know it was the best decision as I would be more mature when making that choice. (I would hope). But it's up to you OP.

neither of them would?

I felt the same way when I started uni, but I honestly can't imagine myself doing anything else. It might be the same for OP.

If there's no one and absolute truth of a proposition then tell me what is "relative truth"? It's by logical necessity that the affirmation of one truth claim means a negation of what is (thereby) false. It's by the authority of one person or one God that certainty is conferred to these. Non-human animals don't have a say in what's true since it's a matter of law and reason. The fact that we can communicate and (apparently) understand the meaning of our statements is a sign that we are working from absolute assumptions as to language use and structure. If you go to doubt these rules of logic you will find that they're irreducible. These are the dogmas of men and from which all human things follow. I'm sure of this as much as I'm sure that I existence.

but you think you should tell ppl what to do based on your superstition?

It's losing a few young people but that's really just a fad. It's more to be rebellious than anything else. 5 out of my 7 good friends are Christian and things are Ok.

I feel like it's my calling, the only way I want to spend my life

such important matter doesn't have its place here. talk to a priest britbro

I should be able to feel up you ppl for free

Sure, it's not like you're getting laid anyway.

Don't some monasteries do retreats and stuff to give you a taste of what kind of life your are in for? Maybe it's worth looking into that as a way to help you make your decision.

it's a man baby!

I'd say I'm pretty committed by this point

That's good, man. I'd definitely talk to a priest. Also, I would recommend this discernment forum for young guys. I realize that there's LE REDDIT memes, but it's all Catholic people that follow the doctrines (not leftists) and there's some good info about discernment. reddit.com/r/Discerning

It's private, so you just need to make an account and send a message to the mods. They should add you within 30 mins.

God bless and good luck with your vocation.

Thanks man, I didn't expect this much advice or help

Is the discernment process still longer than getting a BA? You should have ample time to back out.
I wouldn't stay if I was surrounded by sodomites. I've always had more respect for the honest whore on the street than the power whore who pretends to be pure.
Hope you find a good Seminary, I know there are plenty of bad ones.

No problem, man. Just going to add this one: reddit.com/r/Catholicism/ (don't go to the r/Catholic one, it's run by anti-Catholic trolls). Like the other one, it's a pretty big community of believers. You could make a post there and you might get better help since there's a few priests and a handful of seminarians.

Well no you'll have an excuse why you're still a virgin.

self appointed betters

Do it bro

you basically become a paid NEET and get to take care our culture and intellect.

wouldn't you fuck over anyone if you could?

they are the righteous

Hey leafbro are you OK? I've read all your posts and you seem to be drunk

so?

The amount of preist jokes proves pol is overrun by kids these days

If you are asking Sup Forums to mediate your relationship with god, don't you think there is something very wrong about that?

Good luck user

Just wanted advice and/or info

It was actually really helpful. See

THE PRIESTHOOD RISING

here is the (you) you have been hungry for.

never seen anyone try so hard at shitposting and fail.

no wonder those americans thought they could feel you ppl up for free

I waned to be able to fuck any of them up these ass

>The churches are going to fill up with Sup Forumsack priests and red pill everyone
Do it op!

>here is the (you) you have been hungry for.
what, im not like you?/

>I'm in philosophy.

Wew lad

Become a priest and join the army.

Ascend and stay fit, apply for SAS.

Be a badass SAS priest.

kek

No. Ur religion is dying out

>Ur

Our religion. Don't cuck yourself.

here, now go be a leaf somewhere else.