So to view the story objectively...

So to view the story objectively, this is about a kid who survives a shipwreck and over the course of months -- with the grief of his family's death and the effects of dehydration, lonliness, and starvation--he starts to go progressively insane until he washes up ashore and is rescued. It turns out that even after his rehabilitation and now that he's a well-adjusted middle aged adult, that he still holds on to the crazy delusions he had as a child while on the boat. Perhaps as a coping mechanism meant to help deal with his parent's deaths

Am I right?

Read the book or watch a better movie

He literally was the tiger.

>He survived along with his parents and some other faggot
>other faggot kills his parents
>He then kills the other guy
>survives by eating all of their bodies

>Am I right?
Are you right with your opinions that you extracted from a film and literary masterpiece? I don't fucking know. Make your opinion and move on, you sack of shit. There's so much material to experience and you can't even feel something with one novel and film. Fuck off, die, read more and experience.

DUDE ITS BETTER TO CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN GOD THAN NOT LMAO

Did they have the tooth carnivorous plant thing in the movie as well?

I don't remember it. The movie would have had to give an extra half an hour for it and I don't think they were up for that.
It would have been amazing though. Done properly. Giant pits of fresh water filling with blood slowly. Creepy and effective movie telling

No.

If you've read the novel it makes it all perfectly clear. The pooman is ANNOYED that the two men didn't believe the story with the tiger because it seemed too fantastic, so made one up to please them, which they had a hard time believing as well. This is a critique on non-believers who are never satisfied no matter what you tell them.

so is it author's intent that the tiger story really happened and wasn't just a starving kid's delusions?

>If you've read the novel it makes it all perfectly clear.
Seems pretty damn clear that's what happened in the movie.

Tell me about the latently homosexual man and his latently homosexual interviewer

Why did he eat his family?

No. That's just how you interpreted it because of your world view.

I don't remember teeth, but they did have some kind of carnivorous plant deal in the film.

Yes there is an entire island made out of this plant thing that is slowly digesting everything on the island so thats why he leaves

Probably a metaphor for him being so hungry he wanted to cut off/eat parts of himself

>the world is barbaric, depraved, and hopeless, might as well believe in god and make it seem like a nice place

The Tiger story is better because I wasted my fucking time watching a fucking movie about a boy on a boat with a tiger for hours so if it's LOL IT WAS JUST A DREAM! IT WAS A METAPHOR BRO!!! then the filmmaker can fucking kill himself for being a Nolan-tier hack.

>This is a critique on non-believers who are never satisfied no matter what you tell them.
>critiquing people behaving rationally

really jogs the neurons :^)

story aside.. it's a gorgeous movie

idk but I had to read this book in school and it was bullshit. It's one of those gimmick books that starts off with a fraudulent author introduction to make you think it's a real autobiography. Then it suddenly adds tigers and stupid shit

also DUDE ALL FAITHS ARE THE SAME LMAO AT LEAST U BELIEVE IN SOMETHIN

ang lee is patrician as fuck you fucking faggot pleb

While the book is ambiguous, the movie clearly shows that the story with the tiger is the made up one. When he asks the orangutan "Where's your boy orange juice?" this is a dead give away - there was only one orangutan on the ship, and they go out of their way to show this. Hes asking his mother where his brother is, his brother died on the ship. Watch the movie again, but note when the humans disappear and their animal representations appear. It happens right as their survival instinct kicks in. This movie has a lot of shit going on, but its definitely not necessarily pro religion. The island he gets stuck on that slowly eats flesh (pic related), its shaped exactly like the Vishnu statue at the very beginning of the movie, pretty much saying that accepting the first religion you land on is a false paradise.

The whole movie is up for interpretation but mainly seems to be "the truth is brutal, its easier to belive a lie"

is this a live action Calvin and Hobbes? Fuck this shit if it is.

Why do all poo in the loos lie? Is it part of Hindu culture?

yeah

it was pretty cool too
the visuals in that movie were fantastic