Alien Covenant

>months ago, an IMDB poster named "musician's son" posted a detailed synopsis of alien covenant including details confirmed later such as the backburster
>a week ago, set pictures including possibly the new monsters are leaked from an inside source
>almost immediately afterwards, composer Harry Gregson-Williams is fired from the film despite recording being underway for "scheduling and creative" reasons

wonder how it feels to be JUSTed by your wife's son

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2316204/board/flat/261579764?p=1
youtu.be/kkcDSFB_A2Y?t=2m29s
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's pretty fcked up. Just like the movie will inevitably be.

Bump

Fucking terrible. Ridley should have stopped after Aliens, but no.

Now we get this shit.

>pic
>alien with human teeth
Fucking stupid.

The xrno always had "human teeth", dumbo

Sure thing buddy.
Next thing you'll do is insist that only the suit from Alien is canon, and that xenos have normal human legs too.

>care

Fuck man Harry Gregson-Williams didn't deserve that. He's made amazing soundtracks like pic related.

would you fuck a facehugger?

I'm 25, at this point I fould fuck anything with a pulse that resembles a human vagina

Why don't you own a fleshlight?

>anything with a pulse

That's unfortunate...

I don't give a shit about this film since it will probably suck but
>he doesn't know that the Xenomorph have human teeth at the front
>being that the original Alien is even based on a human skull
Look at this faggot, look at him and laugh.

>inb4 insisting on the teeth on the side of its jaws being sharp and inhuman
No fucking shit

ridley scott is a senile old fart
this is gonna be terrible
prometheus didn't initially create questions or leave things out, it was a terribly written piece of shit.

Take a look at the first pic I posted.
Those are not human teeth.

Neither are these teeth.
Both came out of a human, so don't try pulling a fast one about how aliens take traits from whatever being they chest-burst from.

>space jockey
>human
fuck out of here with that prometheus bullshit

>both came out a human

Oh, you're just retarded. That explains it

I made a mistake there, I admit.
Regardless, the proto-xeno there does not have the same teeth as its host either.

>muh "only Alien is canon" meme
Come on now. We're living in a post-Aliens world. You've had decades to get over it.
Why enter the thread if all you're going to do is complain about things long since past.

>"musician's son"

how old is that little faggot?

So where's that synopsis?

>he thinks the Deacon is the same as the regular Xenos
>the same Deacon which has been explicitly said by the creators to NOT be a proper Xeno
Kek. No one said anything about aliens taking traits from humans as the reason, but the simple fact remains that Xenos had human-like teeth and this has remained consistent design staple from Alien up to AVPR. This is something you denied and still insist on. You shitty example is the exception, not the rule.

Also the first pic you posted is literally just Giger's Alien on its side. Of course human teeth would look sharp when looked at from profile you dumbfuck.

is alien covenant going to be better or worse than isolation?

Isolation has the advantage of being a good horror game first than it is a story. Covenant on the other hand doesn't get that leeway while having post-Prometheus Ridley behind it. Do the math.

So is this guy complaining about the xeno having human teeth when the very first xeno had human teeth or am I missing something

I identified it as a proto-xeno. Come on now.
Moreover, those teeth are still well and away different than the human-teeth shit that keeps popping up in AvP-related content.

Don't give me shit on the proto-xeno when you've got your facts wrong on the AvP versions. It's possible to disagree on a topic without snipping at each other for remembering things wrong.

The Alien suit was made as it was due to budget limitations. Notice the immediate changes made to it in Aliens. Changes that have remained reasonably consistent through other redesigns, save for AvP as detailed in Again, if you insist on only Alien being canon, why open the thread? See It's been decades. Let go of your hate.

seems to be 18

the kid scrubbed it from imdb soon after it was posted, realizing it was a bad idea. then as we learned more and more about the film, it became apparent that the leak was legit.

i was wrong though, it wasn't the whole movie, it was bits of it including the backburster and people getting impregnated by spores. also the jungle setting of the movie.

imdb.com/title/tt2316204/board/flat/261579764?p=1

still not sure what you're getting at. Alien is canon so xenos have canonically had human teeth. also giger drew them with human teeth

Pretty much. The fact that he's referencing Prometheus as a prime example makes me think he's a newfag.

Those still have human teeth at the front especially Grid Alien which is from the first AVP (you know, the one I referenced along with AVPR).

Like I said, Deacon is the exception, not the rule. No one said that the alien can't have human teeth but when you started out with this:
>>alien with human teeth
>Fucking stupid.
You basically outed yourself as the one who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. Heck the idea that the newer Xenos in Covenant having human teeth actually makes more sense from a design perspective given how it's slowly meant to tie back to the first Alien film which DID have human teeth.

>it's been decades. Let go of your hate.
Seriously? Not that user but Ridley Scott has explicitly stated that post-Prometheus he's trying to tie Covenant closer to the first film. Canon and budget limitations my ass, you just can't admit how much you fucked up.

A man's asshole?

This conversation is a mess.

Human teeth were a mistake. I stand by it. The design in Aliens was the best movie design. Some of Giger's concepts are good too.

>you fucked up and even if you admit an incorrect statement and remedy it, I will continue using it against you
What does this accomplish except souring the conversation? Same goes for declaring arguments based in Prometheus as false, while praising the design decisions in Covenant. It's a bit inconsistent, don't you think?

They've canonically had teeth that we identify as human-like.
Xenomorphs canonically take on attributes of the host species.
Simply because the grandfather of the xenomorph design drew them with human teeth doesn't mean they're human teeth. The majority of things he drew were never included and thus not canon (the bulbous cock at the back end of the head for example).

Realistically, they don't have human teeth because they're not human. Only humans have human-teeth.

>Xenomorphs canonically take on attributes of the host species.
Based on what? Fucking AVPR? Fucking Alien Cubed?

Human teeth are good with a human skull.
Where are they going with this design?

They're not trying to make the xenos more human so we can empathize with them, right?
Giger adding the human elements was to make the xenos more creepy.

>The design in Aliens was the best movie design.
I highly disagree.
The xeno in Alien was the best design. Cameron's streamlining was nice but removed alot of the mystique and horror from the original.
They were born from humans on the colony so they should've remained the same as the original.
Alien 3 got it right by having the design based on it's host.

The fact that the "EU" had to explain and specifically point out the differing species also doesn't help.

What would really benefit the series is if someone puts their foot down and declares what is rule of god. It'll never happen though.

1 followed by 3, including some of the comics and expanded lore. Honestly though it's all a jumble.

AvP and it's comics/books/EU is non canon garbage that should be ignored though.

can we talk about the legs?
human legs like in so an actor can wear the suit, or non-human, digitigrade legs like in 3 for a more "alien" appearance?

also, thoughts on the Isolations design?
youtu.be/kkcDSFB_A2Y?t=2m29s
>vidja shit
Still the best addition to the franchise in years. Fight me.

>Still the best addition to the franchise in years. Fight me.
Who's denying this?
I agree wholeheartedly. IMO they're design is what all human-xenos should look like.

Nails the atmosphere.
Ironic that they purposely avoided flatscreens in favor of CRTs as the video points out, when Prometheus has flatscreens.

Bravo Ripley. Rewatch your movies sometime.

>alien

That is clearly a Phyrexian Obliterator.

No one was shitting on the Prometheus design, they were just calling you out on your comment about the human teeth which sounded like dumb criticism. Which is fair enough, because of all the things you could have criticized, it's the one thing that's practically a given norm for most Xeno designs.

That said, that's not necessarily praise for the Covenant design since having human teeth and whether or not the new Alien's design is shit aren't mutually exclusive.

>Human teeth were a mistake. I stand by it. The design in Aliens was the best movie design. Some of Giger's concepts are good too.
Yeah, except human teeth was basically in all Xeno designs from Alien up to AVPR, even Giger's concepts had them, so I don't know why you're so hung up about this.

Hell even your favorite Xenos in Aliens had human teeth. See pic-related in this post

>Ironic that they purposely avoided flatscreens in favor of CRTs as the video points out, when Prometheus has flatscreens.
But its strange. Like making a movie today about spacecannon and moonlanding.

>They're not trying to make the xenos more human so we can empathize with them, right?

It's Neil Blomkampf. That's exactly what he's going to do. We're going to finally see things from the alien's point of view. They good xenos. They dindu nuffin!

Blomkampf's Alien is still just an idea. Nothing more. The fuck are you on about?