>Liriano ded
>Danaldsan ded
>2lo ded
>MVPearce ded
>Pillar suspended for being a fag to some fag
>Ceciliani his replacement literally ded from dingers

Who /gettingRowdy/ here?

>adam chimpout jones

A single, big whoop, am I supposed to be impressed?

C'mon, just 23 more outs !

and you have to score against the elite AA bullpen of the orioles

half our starting line up are AA

I'm not so sure about this Sanchez anymore.

>JJ keeps getting RBI's
what is this

ooooh look at me, i'm an orioles fan, boo hoo our team is so bad, oh we're winning? we're still bad boo hoo

phew

INSTANT REPLAY IS KILLING BASEBALL

That's the first time in ages NY has gave the O's a close call

fuckkk

Except it wasn't close. They took like 5 seconds to overturn it cause it was clear as day.

People just can't stop throwing at bautista

They're not picking off jose cause they think he'll run - they're hoping the ball will "accidentally" get away and peg him

BIG SMOAK

GIMME THEM DUCKETS

SMOAK
O
A
K

>Hit Bautista
>He scores

DOUBLES GOD

SUICIDE SQUEEZE

barney FUUUUUUG

Gibby is drunk

>its a jays drop spaghetti playing smallball episode

He leant into a curveball over the plate

It's not like they threw at him

thats default gibby

>sportsnet feed ded

kek

No it's not.

>tomorrows pitching matchup
>kevin gauzeman (has 7.19 era this year) vs mike ballslinger (is mike ballslinger)

well theres a fucking dueling nohitter if ever i sawed one

is today yesterday too

it just came back as I posted, natch

If Gausman just stopped throwing his new retarded slider that ERA would probably drop by at least 2 points

He's still naff though, guy's got no command or stamina this year

What a FINE play by Jonathan Scope.

Orioles should sell everyone at the deadline.

I'm not even kidding. This team won't make the playoffs. First 30 games were flukey AF.

See ya later ball!

Why did the camera zoom in on those fat americans chomping on their food?

nothing like burgers engaging in americas pasttime while watching americas pasttime

>san cheeze
>not pulling him after the single

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFF

time for the bullpen to go to shit after Sanchez is umpballed off the mound

le sale de fire

thanks alf

>JJ "Warning Track Power" Hardy

why hasn't O'Gay sudoku'd himself after being btfo by le batflip man so much?

You talk like a fag.

reported to the RCMP

HE STRUCK OUT TRYING TO BUNT

>Bats vs O'Gay again

this should be interesting

>walk

that wasn't interesting at all

Tension builds

The sexual tension is killing me

Smooooaaaaaakkkin

Is that from the mask?

LMAO

CLASSIC SMOAK

that was a dead ball

He's out. No run scores. He swung at the pitch and he hit him. That's an out and a dead ball.

SOMEBODY STOP ME

>SmoaK

man he really battled but getting hit while swinging is a bullshit rule

Thanks, keep us updated!

JUST

How is it a bullshit rule? If you're badly fooled enough to swing at the ball, you're not making an effort to get out of the way of the ball.

Watching everyone try to work out the rule was fun

fuck off, Smoak has had the best eye of the team. Now that stupid shit is going to put him in a slump again.

>Smoak has had the best eye of the team

Then why did he swing at a pitch that hit his back knee?

Its not a bullshit rule but its kinda a weird rule, if he doesnt swing its a walk, if the pitch that hits him tricks him enough to swing at it he gets a strike????

It is what it is, and Baseball has tons of fucking weird rules but this one doesn't make a ton of sense

Its an unlucky play, especially because he cant really dodge a pitch that dips in and out of the zone like that. He wasnt crowding the plate. Its the right call but its still fucking stupid.

Also take your arguments out of my shitposting thread thanks

How the fuck is that a weird rule? You might as well say that it's a weird rule that if you swing at a ball, it's a strike. "If it doesn't fool you enough to swing at it, it's a strike????"

If that's not the rule, anyone can swing and crowd the plate on pitch in on strike 3, and potentially kick the ball to the backstop and get a free base. A batter should not be able to get on base by deflecting a ball away from the catcher.

There's literally no other way to write the rule that makes a lick of sense. It has to be a strike and a dead ball.

why is Barney so cuddly bros?

There's no "luck" involved. If his knee hadn't been there, it'd just be strike 3 in the dirt and the inning would have ended just the same. He swung at a bad pitch and struck out. The HBP changes nothing if you swing at it - it's just an ordinary whiff.

It was comin in all wonky and it tricked him? who knows.... but imo hit by pitch should be hit by pitch, its not like he fouled it off his leg, which oh wait would have meant him continuing the at bat??!???. lol.

This guy is right. Swinging at passed balls and swinging at a ball high enough to hit you are completely different things, and the rule is there for a reason.

It wouldn't have necessarily hit him if he didn't swing though, his stride moved his leg into it a bit

what in the fuck are you even blathering about, smoak swung at it and wiffed it and it hit his back leg, if hed have just stood there it also would have hit him. I'm not arguing the call but accidently swinging at something you havent realised is gonna hit you yet shouldn't be a straight strike

>It was comin in all wonky and it tricked him?

I think this is what they call a "good pitch."

>Swinging at passed balls and swinging at a ball high enough to hit you are completely different things,

If you swing at a pitch, it *literally* means you think that it is a pitch you can hit well, or else that you think is in the strike zone.

By this logic, we should grant people balls instead of strikes when they swing at pitches that bounce 10 feet in front of home plate. "Well, it was a *really bad* pitch, so he shouldn't actually have swung at it!"

The reason for the HBP rule is to dissuade pitchers from intentionally throwing at batters. There's a reason the rule says that some attempt must be made to get out of the way of the pitch.

>Leafs in charge of understanding baseball.

>if hed have just stood there it also would have hit him

If you don't swing at pitches out of the strike zone, they're balls. By your logic, "accidentally swinging at something you haven't realized is going to be out of the strike zone " shouldn't be a strike.

>burgers in charge of writing rules coherently and without controversy

better let the leafs write the baseball rulebook and burn the old one its all fucky

Did that ball even hit the ground?

From the showing your countrymen have made in this thread, if Leafs wrote the rulebook everyone would just walk all the time because they "didn't mean" to swing at balls.

>By this logic, we should grant people balls instead of strikes when they swing at pitches that bounce 10 feet in front of home plate. "Well, it was a *really bad* pitch, so he shouldn't actually have swung at it!"

Uh no really the only two factors here are that the batter was hit, and the swing he made, that didnt connect or foul off in some way was counted as a strike 3, whatever strawman you've built for yourself is spackled with bullshit.

LMAO

Nice bunt

>le fundamentals meme

what happened to hitting the ball really hard? Are you saying it doesnt work all the time?

haa HAAAAAA

If you swing at a ball, it's a strike. You mean to tell me that the rules should be written so that if your batting eye is shitty enough that you swing at balls so far out of the strike zone that they end up *hitting you*, they should no longer count as strikes?

stop

based roider

Funny factoid: In 2014, the O's beat the Jays in a game that ended on a swinging HBP, courtesy of Andrew Miller and his ridiculous slider.

Whose batting eye is good enough to lay off a pitch in the strikezone right at the time of the swing?

Its irrelevant at this point because the Jays are incapable of fundamentals and will lose this on a walk ofd

>bolshitter tomorrow
Oh god

>Whose batting eye is good enough to lay off a pitch in the strikezone right at the time of the swing?

It is not physically possible for a baseball to pass through the strike zone and also hit a batter, unless said batter is crowding the plate.

You are basically complaining that the pitch that was thrown there was unfair because it was too good of a pitch. Even if that were a true claim about said pitch, that'd be a hilariously stupid complaint.

But that wasn't a particularly good pitch, regardless - it was just a terrible swing.

It may not have been a terribly good pitch but the ump is making terrible strike calls so its hard to lay off even the bad ones

Case in fucking point. Holy shit.

Catcher stole an out from his pitcher there

Thanks ump

>Joe throws one right down the middle
>ball

And theres a base hit. Watch the guy who struck out come around to score. Fuck off.

Umps want to get to bed.