This movie, man. This fucking movie. This is pure warkino

This movie, man. This fucking movie. This is pure warkino

Some cheesy moments and some really unnecessary ones (like with the Japanese in the cave at the end), but this was definitely MOTY so far

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm seeing it next weekend with my Dad. Please explain the Japanese cave

The Jap commander commits sudoku.

You're really overrating it. It was a solid 8/10, pretty great, but nowhere near true militarykino Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down. It's like a good, extended episode of The Pacific

>Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down

Holy shit you're a pleb.

He needs to fucking follow footsteps of Apocalypto
Apocalypto 2, Spaniards perspective
Viking
Napoleon
Alexander the Great
etc
Minimum dialogue, maximum cinematography and action

>Black Hawk Down
>militarykino
Opinion disregarded

he stabs himself and as hes hunched over one of his men behead him.

absolutely not. this is probably the greatest war film of all time. but then again i enjoyed letters from iwo jima. i must say, the violent war scenes paired with jump scares throughout really worked. i jumped 4-5 times.

>probably the greatest war film of all time

Are you fucking 12? How many war movies did you see?

Like the other guy said, it's an 8

1 point minus for poorly executed hackneyed "muh gurrl" sentimentality and one huge point minus for Vince Vaughn's shit acting

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc&feature=youtu.be

it's like a 7, maybe 7.5

the sudoku scene was one of the better scenes in the movie, the decapitation was pure kino senpai.

ive seen the patriot, glory, black hawk down, saving private ryan, gettysburg,we were soldiers from the top of my head. i just never witnessed extremely graphic that had both great and well timed jump scares. it was also historically accurate, non sjw, and based on an amazing true story.

vince vaugn definitely takes a point away from the movie. it shouldve been someone else. not sure who, but not fucking him.

>all formulaic by-the-numbers Hollywood feelgood Hollywood fare
There's a whole world of real war movies you don't even know exist let alone have watched
It's hilarious and childish that you rate 'gore' as the signifer of a good movie too

It wasn't better than Saving Private Ryan. And you listed Mel's two other movies. You need to stop watching so much Mel. Check out Come and See and

It's basically a really unnecessary scene considering we never saw the Japanese leaders before and there were no Japanese "characters" per se

That scene where he stomps in the head of the Jap who was about to stab him was fucking gross, it looked real. Wait, you don't think Mel...

It was a token "Japanese are people too" gesture

Otherwise they'd just be cockroaches with rifles

They already had that gesture earlier in the movie too, in a much better scene, where he bandages up that wounded Jap in the tunnel

But that guy was a dishonorabru cowardu desu

Maybe getting shot knocked some sense into him desu

>he even lowered a few Japs. They didn't make it though

What did he mean by that?

Killed a guy? Yes, yes I do. More than one.

Well, either they died of their injuries, committed sudoku, or were brained by the US guys

>yet another ww2 movie
>ww1 movie nowhere in sight
thanks for nothing hollywood

War Horse was alright

Uh, what is Wonder Woman?

Battlefield 1 is unironically the greatest WWI movie ever except its a game.

I guess beyond these listed I think All Along the Western Front is the best WWI movie.

You're mixing up All Along the Watchtower and All Quiet on the Western Front.

>9% trenches
>the "sniper" is the only one with bolt-action weapons

Yeah, nah. BF1 a shit.