Does headphone quality even matter that much...

Does headphone quality even matter that much? I have an Audio Technica 150 that is old and smelly but it still works fine. Is there really a need to upgrade it? If I bought a 500 USD headphone one, would I feel any difference?

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sony-WH1000XM2-Cancelling-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B074KDJVS2/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1509382484&sr=1-4&keywords=Headphones on ear&refinements=p_36:30000-50000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>If I bought a 500 USD headphone one, would I feel any difference?
no. your headphones are fine. don't waste money to look 'cool' or to impress anons on an malaysian cartoon image board.

Boobs LMAO

What is that supposed to mean user?

HOW IS THAT PURE SEMEN

Are you sure user? Have you used a higher end headphone and compared so you could know? Just curious

This is a worksafe board newfriend.

>cosplay as 2b
>show of tits instead of ass

for what reason?

i have. there isn't much difference at all. the best headphones are non-biased studio monitoring headphones, which is basically what you have.

because her titties are glorious obviously

Sarina Valentina

>her

I like to hear music and listen to ASMR at the same time (being licked by 2 japanese waifus). Is that normal?

T-T-Trans?
wtf im heterosexual?

oh fuck no

I used to wear ATH-M50s which are about ~150 USD. Those were a pretty good improvement over cheaper ones, having higher clarity. But the big difference came when I switched to Grados which were ~300 USD. The stereo field opens up so much more than it feels like you got a surround sound system all around you, and this is before you even put an amp through it. Not only that, but music that focuses a lot on even the tiniest details becomes that much more easy to listen to because even the tiniest sounds have good enough space to be listened to. For music with more straightforward instrumentation like metal it just ends up making everything more full sounding, so rather than a bunch of instruments sounding like they are compressed to go through shittier earphones, the music rightfully feels like the behemoth of sound that it should sound like.

So yeah there is a difference, and till about the 300-500 USD range you get legit big differences. Beyond that, the upgraded difference gets smaller and smaller unless you use both a really good amp and lossless only.

wtf you are gay now?!

no it's not. you're a faggot weeabo in my eyes, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy your degenerate ASMR bullshit.

K user. Thanks for replying. I bought a fucking shitty bluedio victory and it legit sounds exactly like the ATH 150 only the bass is 10 times stronger. I have to equalize because the mids and highs are so low compared to the bass. Next time I'm gonna take your advice and buy this fucking Grado you tell me about.

>Audio Technica user can't tell the difference
Why am I not suprised, nice meme cans fag

What is that wrong with Audio Technica?

I think you'll do good with most headphones in that price range. I say this because Grados are open back, so some of the sound will go outside. Granted it's not much sound that seeps out, but still I would suggest like the Oppo PM3 or Sennheiser HD1 if you want close backed, but that would be at the cost of not as detailed a stereo field because a big part of that comes from being open back.

> I say this because Grados are open back

What is open back?

Is this any good?

amazon.com/Sony-WH1000XM2-Cancelling-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B074KDJVS2/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1509382484&sr=1-4&keywords=Headphones on ear&refinements=p_36:30000-50000

Note how in the open back, there is no covering on the outer part of the headphones, the part that is opposite your ears. This means that at high enough volume, people will more easily hear what's coming from your headphones than otherwise. Granted I only use my pair in public in the metro and ina bus where the respective sounds of the transportation ensure that others will never be able to hear me, but at home when there's no other sound at all and I am using them, if there's others around you they might hear stuff coming from them. Like I said, it's a design choice based on having a more open stereo field for more sound clarity. But at the same time it's not the best noise cancelling option.
Haven't tested them so I can't say. Standard quality noise cancelling headphones around that range are the QuietComfort35s from Bose. If you can, maybe compare the two?

> If you can, maybe compare the two?

How the fuck am I supposed to do that m8? I live in a relatively small town somewhere in Sao Paulo (and Brazil really is a third World Shithole). So basically all I can do is wander around Sup Forums talking to anons about which one is better.