What do you think about this film six years later?

What do you think about this film six years later?

IMO it was fucking great.

>What do you think

i think it shouldn't take 3 fucking movies to explain what the actual fuck happened before the alien movie.

I think your post is a good troll

better then covenant

I thought it was decent. Nothing can touch the original Alien, though; that film is flawless.

fucing overrated as fuck
worst trailer to actual film ratio
trailer was ace, esp. the music
film was utter shit

the fucking cheesy effects
how much i hate this current CGI bullshit!

Fassbenders character was completely useless and paperthin, much like all the others and like the plot in general
it fucking went nowhere
all jumpscares and no substance
the ending was absolutely neglectable
forgot about the film right after

overrated fucking trainwreck of a movie
where's the spirit of the first Alien movie(s)?

It doesn't take three movies. However, stretching it over three movies makes more money.

I never had an issue with the movie. People were just all pissy because they expected the xenomorph we all know to appear in it. Covenant on the other hand was completely aids.

maybe not fucking flawless, but it is damn good in its own regard. I also personally never understood why people hated covenant so much, I thought it was really good

They're the same movie

The world needs more glass aliens

I think I need to rewatch it, I remember it annoying me at some points but overall liking it and giving it like a 7/10

Certainly not flawless. But I appreciate it as an early example of whatever aesthetic period we’re in right now. Kind of what the Matrix was to the 90s.

>watching trailers
Never watch trailers and go into every movie with low expectations and you'll enjoy a lot more movies :^) Trailers always give away too much anyways.

best of the aliens-franchise

i learned about a lot of movies by finding them on trailers .apple .com that i wouldn't have discovered otherwise. they even had human centipede before they realized what kind of a movie it was and took it down.

I'd rather read a short summary of a movie personally, tends to give me a better idea of whats actually going on in the story.

Loved that film. For me this is one of the best resent Alien movie.
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Prometheus
4. Alien Resurection
5. AvP
6. Alien: Covenant
7. Alien 3
AvP2 was shit

Additional note: Alien 3 was no bad movie but the one i can relate the least

Preview looks like shit. Annoying ass British accent. Can't take them serious at anything

or stop the trailer midway.

I'd agree with that but tbh I thought resurrection was awful. I really enjoyed Alien 3 though.

How could you put resurrection on the list at all? It's one of the worst movies i've ever seen

Resurrection was the first one i could watch in cinema. Maybe that's why i like it more. Also Resurrection is a pretty trashy action flick what i find quite enjoyable to this day.

it could be so much better is a shame, all the ingredients are there just bad mixed and the nigger with the dj table was just ridicoulus and even more ridiculous and shitty when he bang Charlice, they fucked up that movie badly. I think cutting some people in edition and reducing the movie to like 30 min it can be a seriously good short sci fi movie.

It just felt so cheesy to me. Didn't feel as serious as the other movies.

The true is that only the two first movies are good the rest are just prepacked generic attempts blockbusters

100% true. But it is not like they have tried making it serious. It is cheesy thrash and i think that was what they were going for. But i think that's great about the Alien Movies. They often have tried different things and genres.

No, it was not great. The dude in the beginning, what the fuck was he doing, and in the end, why did he want to kill the very things it looks like he was trying to create?

Have a god damned meaning when you make a movie, or don't make one at all is what I always say.

THIS one, on the other hand, I like better and better the more I watch it. Great idea for a movie, and an underrated vehicle for Tom Cruise.

The TWO firsts?
The second one is just "hey guys, one alien was scary... What if we put A LOT of aliens? That would be A LOT of scary".

Fuck James Cameron.

You dipshit, the movie explains all this.
The guy at the start was giving life to the planet.
By the end he tries to kill them because they were never supposed to leave, earth was supposed to be destroyed but was instead forgotten about.
Humans were nothing more than an experiment for those creatures.

Fair, just not for me. I like movies that take themselves seriously usually.

NAME ONE FLAW, MOTHERFUCKER! ONE!

I am gonna re watch this one I think I may enjoy more the second time

Hurr to the power of Durr. That whole premise is still stupid. And not explained fully. Where does the creature go "shit, dudes, you little fuckers weren't supposed to actually LEAVE the damned planet! Now I gots to go and kill you all myself..."?

Like, never anywhere in the movie.

This But also, why does everyone now want a film that explains it all? Can't you think a bit by yourself?

I don't want a film that holds my hand and explains everything to me like I was a child. I want something to make me think.

Terrible film with a shitty script, almost as bad as mad max

Then ask yourself afterward: "how many times do you think Tom Cruise raped that bitch instead of trying to win her over, knowing it was all just going to repeat itself?" Now THAT is the question that was never answered... kek.

Just a teensy-tiny-itty-bitty bit more of an explanation would have helped. A bit of exposition by one of the characters explaining things. Not just all this huge build-up to waking the dude up from his sleep, only to have him instantly start trying to kill everyone, that was fucking stupid.

It was meant to be a trilogy, so I find it normal to leave some questions unanswered.

top kek

right? like well is going to restart over and over again I may just introduce my penis in her vagina since I am going to get away with it

fuck!!!! six years? i love this movie

Alien 1:
1/2 Build up, 1/2 Alien trys to kill everyone -> OK

Aliens:
1/2 Build up, 1/2 Aliens try to kill everyone -> OK

Alien 3:
1/2 Build up, 1/2 Alien tries to kill everyone -> OK
Prometheus: 1/2 Build up, 1/2 Alien tries to kill everyone -> "I don't understand what is going on?"

This.

Prometheus: 1/3 Build Up. 1/3 Alien tries to kill everyone. 1/3 Alien who made humans decides to kill them too. ------> WTF?

Oh, and Fassbender as the worst android, like ever. John Hurt was shitting himself watching that pathetic performance. Oh Wow, Steve Jobs is also a Android. My sides.

Fuck you, David is one of the best characters in the Alien universe.

Don't you dare talk shit about David.

kek. struck a nerve i guess. sorry. lol

happened with Godzilla (the 2014 version); the trailer gave away all the good parts of the movie, promising great things for a film that, in the end, at its best, was boring... with Bryan Cranston and fucking Godzilla it's almost impossible to fail, and they did.