Why don't we millennials get to do what they did. We're such a waste generation

why don't we millennials get to do what they did. We're such a waste generation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah man war is so badass and fun

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc&feature=youtu.be

because drones can rip apart a WW2 ground force easier than guerrillas on redcoats

You can sign up to kill brown people.

>OP was born 1997
>he thinks he's a millennial

Join the Syrian Kurds and kill some Daesh if you're serious.

If you're not, quit whining.

Fret not. ww3 will begin within 8 years. Screen Cap this.

Lets hope so

The whole point of the movie is to show war for what it is. A horrible thing. What millennials should do, my dear fucktard, is to read books, innovate, produce something, grow as intelligent beings. But most importantly what we shouldn't do is indulge in blame games which ultimately culminate in senseless violence. In a mass scale, war. Stay cuck.

The human race is a waste. Stop hating your own generation you fucking cuck. The generations before you were no better.

They fought so you wouldn't have to, dickhead. Don't shit on them by saying such retarded crap.

>war is so traumatizing that there have been hundreds of thousands of paintings, movies, pictures, videos, music, books, and other works of art dedicated to showing how horrible it is
>an entire generation has been deemed the "lost generation" over it
>millions upon millions of people died horrific deaths and many more suffered from psychological problems for the rest of their lives
>DUDE WHY CAN'T WE DO IT IT LOOKS SO RAD

i think you missed the point buddy

this
t. born 1998
millennials were about 1985-1995 and they really are a shitty waste of a generation similar to their parents, who were generation jones (ruined the world like boomers but couldn't even be hippies) and their grandparents, the silent generation (dick cheney tier)
1995-2005 is a different group, who are the grandchildren of the baby boomers (cool, awesome hippies who almost saved the world and made good 70s kino) and the children of generation x (aesthetically disaffected artistic cynics who made good 90s kino)
the next 10-20 years are going to be bretty gud once ww3 ends

>i'm probably going to die of a heart attack or cancer or old age or a car crash or something

Why even live. Recreational war should be a thing.

but that's all wrong

>why don't we get to die by the millions trying to kill our fellow man by the millions entirely just because our leaders told us to so they can vie for more personal power?

oh dont worry hillary will probably win you pathetic brainwashed drone

You shouldn't talk about generations when you don't even know the time frames in which they exist. Generations go by 20 year stretches. Their is no such thing as "generation jones". Their is no such thing as the "silent generation". The generations are as follows: The Greatest Generation, The Baby Boomers, Generation-X, Millennials, and whatever they decide to name you crotch fruits.

Nobody is stopping you going and fighting a war.
But you won't, because you're a pussy.

You're mostly right, but silent generation is a thing. It's the generation between world wars IIRC.

if you think that's an accurate statement, then you're invalidating a huge amount of the effect each generation has on the world
why call someone who was born in 1940 'greatest generation' when they couldn't fight in wwii, which is what marked that generation?
why call someone who was born in 1960 'baby boomer' when they were unconnected to the 60s counterculture that the boomers ran?

neck

>t. born 1998
i've been here too long

>1998
Hey brother. January 21st here

You faggots think their are 31 genders.

>baby boomers (cool, awesome hippies who almost saved the world and made good 70s kino)

Baby boomers ruined the world, and made trashy shit.

the war part is easier than the bringing them all back. if we could just stick them on an island like in metal gear, that would be the best.

They're still ruining the world. As much as I like my parents, baby boomers need to start kicking the bucket en masse.

The boomers can't be blamed for everything. Not like Gen X or the Millennials did anything to fix the mess. And Gen Z are a bunch of faggots so far.

If Hillary wins, you will get to fight Russians & Middle Easterners, just so Gulf Arabs can build a pipeline

I hope we don't make the same mistake they did, it's so sad they died for Jewish supremacy

>You faggots think their are 31 genders
grammar aside:
1. that was created by the millennials in the late 2000s/early 2010s, it's just hit the mainstream now
2. politics of the younger generation are extreme in both directions, everyone's polarized to either sjw or alt-right. this is because, unlike every previous generation, we became politically aware at ridiculously young ages. right now this is terrible because everyone's a retarded faggot, but over the course of the next few years it's going to crystallize into something really interesting. i'm fully expecting a 60s-style consciousness revolution. or everyone will kill each other, that works too.
>Baby boomers ruined the world, and made trashy shit
they didn't ruin the world until the late 70s/early 80s and the jonesers played a massive role in that themselves
also how dare you speak that way about New Hollywood

It's not that I think it's an accurate statement. It is an accurate statement. These are the accepted terms for these generations. This really isn't up for debate. I didn't just pull them out of a hat.

fucking idiot

it only gets worse as we go further

Wait till Tuesday, then kill yourself.

You realize Millennials are only just grazing their 30s at the oldest, right? They're still not in a position to be able to come into positions of power. Right now, governments are still ran by the last of the Boomers who are hanging on and Gen X which has been corrupted to the core.

Gen Z are a bunch of brainwashed SJWs, and it's only going to get worse.

"New Hollywood" was just a bunch of degenerate genre filmmakers. The Golden Age was much more mature and sophisticated.

That's because Gen X has only recently started getting into power. Millennials right now can't do shit because they're all in debt

Gen X and Millenials can't do shit because the baby boomers won't retire and get the fuck out of the way, and we can't vote them out yet because they're still such a huge voting block. How do you think we got settled with these candidates?

>Gen X has only recently started getting into power.

They've had at least a decade, and they're no better then the boomers.

As an aside, does anyone who actually knows economics and realty shit have any predictions on what'll happen to housing costs when boomers start dying/getting sent to homes? Are real estate prices going to come down since millenials don't have any money?

If worst comes to wear the Millennials will have there own war and get royally depopulated like those before them. Except this time women will be drafted as well so there won't be more women then men so shit will equal out.

>the generation that at oldest is pushing 50 are just coming into power
millennials and postmillennials are both pretty sizeable generations
it's hard to tell exactly how large because a) nobody can agree on generation start/end dates and b) the length of the boomer age cohort is inflated so population size estimates you see include a lot of people who were way too young to do much in the 60s/70s, so it's hard to directly compare
but the millennial voting block (all of age) can match boomers and the addition of the 1995-1998 cohort can give them the advantage
now, if young people actually voted (and if the dnc didn't throw our bernie votes away)...

What are high schoolers doing on my board?

i'm 18 years old and graduated last year

>bernie

>t. born 1998

What the fuck, I still remember the world cup from that year. You were literally a fucking germ

Why does Hiro let this happen? Why don't mods ban these kindergarten drop outs

Fuck off, kid.

>falling for this

i pussied out

i grew up poor and i almost joined the army after high school.

luckily my uncle died and i inherited a small amount of money that enabled me to go to college full time.

>I have seen war. I have seen war on land and sea. I have seen blood running from the wounded. I have seen men coughing out their gassed lungs. I have seen the dead in the mud. I have seen cities destroyed. I have seen 200 limping, exhausted men come out of line—the survivors of a regiment of 1,000 that went forward 48 hours before. I have seen children starving. I have seen the agony of mothers and wives.

>I hate war.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Wait 6 months and Hilary will draft you into a war with Russia

You just want a war because it forces you to do something you perceive as worthwhile, since you're too scared to do it of your own volition.

>I'm duh smart guy

At least you admit Hillary will win.

Why do you practically need a college degree to get into the military these days? Why can't my NEET dropout ass enlist and be molded into a productive man? Use to be talks of dropouts enlisting and turning their lives around. Now we're SOL.

ITT: wah wah wah our generation is so shit it was better before

you faggots realize this is literally what everyone that gets old eventually says?

wah wah color in films degrade the art
wah wah rock and roll is degenerate
wah wah the invention of writing deludes people into thinking they know

people always gonna be complaining about how it use to be better before.

Vote Hillary if you want to avoid war. Trump is anti-globalisation (whatever that means), and the fact that there hasn't been a war between the great powers since 1945 is solely attributable to globalisation.

Trump will weaken NATO, he'll weaken the EU, and he'll weaken the US's global military reach. This won't certainly cause World War III, but it will make it more likely than the alternative under Clinton.

technology and globalization means that no one is going to do something worthwhile. This is why our generations only contribution to society is 'yo wazzup guys' youtube vlogs and instagram whoring. Some of us can try the college route until we quickly find that boomers are incredibly corrupt and the SJWs took over.

at least AI will allow us to live modestly comfortable pointless lives. which is all you can really expect desu.

>muh millennials
>muh bad new generation

Comfort has always been more fashionable and easier to attain than strength. Physically and intellectually. More so today than ever before, but still always.

Is this a problem? Is people choosing to be comfortable rather than strong a problem?
Why is everyone so mad that people have a good time?

>technology and globalization means that no one is going to do something worthwhile. This is why our generations only contribution to society is 'yo wazzup guys' youtube vlogs and instagram whoring.

This is amazing, you're projecting your lazy and worthless ass to an entire generation

thank you for correcting the record

Basically this
Life is for fun tbqh. Just enjoy

>Comfort has always been more fashionable and easier to attain than strength

I bet you had to think a long time to come up with that. Next you'll tell me water is wet.

Just because something is hard to attain doesnt mean it isnt worth attaining.

People would rather wallow in relative safe comfort for thier whole life than achieve anything. This is a problem user. I think the high quality of living in the west is the main reason for this. Why absolutely work your ass off and hone a skill, work tirelessly to become the best at something if you can just work a 9-5 and live a better life than 80% of the population? Theres a reason a lot of the larger economic powerhouses like china think the west is weak. We've become selfish hedonists who put ourselves before greater things. Believe it or not being happy isnt the most important thing you can do. Some people are happy being useless sacks of boring shit who have never worked a day in thier lives, have no interests and live off thier base instincts. Are you okay with that? Because thats the way society is heading.

hurf durf lets stereotype tens of millions of people defined only by a 10 year age span

no because I'm in the top one percentile in achievement of my generation, I am a winner, so I'm in a proper position to look down upon the losers

Nice meme

Kurds will welcome you with open arms right now to go kill some ISIS. Stop talking and start walking.

>These things are true because I say so
Go to bed dude

>wanting to die for no reason in some shitplace covered by dirt and shit
You can always visit Africa or some arabian country, user.

This isn't true, Chrysippus died of laughter from his own joke

It is not knowledge that will make us 'grow'; it is wisdom. Wisdom does not come from studying but by experience.

Here lies the root of the problem with modernity.

Say it with me, user

>Madam President

What a weird looking guy. Tiny head on a long neck.

Also OP is a dumb asshole for wanting to be in a war. You only think that because you live a boring life, go out and do something interesting and then you won't feel the desire to die from barbed wire or having your insides liquified from a concussive explosion.

look up john osborne and "angry young men". even 1950s men felt like wastes. get used to it.

Hillary Clinton will do nothing and let Russia start WW3

>i think you missed the point buddy
I think you missed the point, OP was clearly making a point about how dumb and disconnected from reality millennials are, so they end up thinking movies and video games = reality

>the fact that there hasn't been a war between the great powers since 1945 is solely attributable to globalisation.
This is the most wrong thing I've read all day

There are military recruitment offices everywhere.

Go sign up and die in a sandy hellhole for the benefit of some old rich fucker if you want.

Join an army and fight in a war cockfool

Guys remember to vote for Franklin D. Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson to avoid another World War.

Sign up then. You won't though because you're all talk. How can you even think it would be a good thing for our generation "to do" that? It would be great to have millions die, right?

>It would be great to have millions die, right?
It honestly would be, especially in Africa and Middle East.

Hillary Clinton will maintain the status quo, which was was designed in the most contrived manner possible in order to avoid conflicts, because the leaders of the day had led their countries through WWII, and wanted to do everything in their power to prevent a WWIII. This is a fact many contemporary leaders take for granted, because none of them lived through a world war.
Anyway, Russia won't start shit. It would be every country on earth vs Russia, they have nothing to gain from it. And if you mention NFZs to me I will fucking destroy you, so please do it.
What qualifies you to say that? Do you have a degree in this field? I do :)

Of the explanations I know for the post-1945 great power peace, all of them are creatures of globalisation. Liberal interdependence, hegemonic stability theory, the rise of IOs... or maybe you think it's just dumb luck?

Only young people are retarded enough to think that some arbitrary construct like generation matters at all to anything.

You'll fuck up the world too. You'll make some things better. The world will keep turning and someday you will die.

In the meantime, grow up, faggot. And there will never be a WWIII because there's more money to be made in peace.

>I do :)
kek
there were no wars between major powers because of deterrence first, trading second
the scales are too high for any of the three global powers to actually launch a conventional war against each other
we are still in the cold war

>born in 83

Step your game up, kid.

>globalisation is the process of international integration arising from the interchange of world views, products, ideas, and other aspects of culture.
Nuclear proliferation is an outcome of globalisation. Weapons cooperation (material + facilities) is something Sup Forums doesn't usually find controversial when they're shitting all over globalisation. Oh, American foreign military bases, oh, Polish TMD systems. But point out that the UK and France and Israel only have nukes as a way of the US tethering their foreign and security polcies together and suddenly I don't know what globalisation even is.

I'm sure you already realise trade is glboalisation and pro-trade policies are inherently globalist.

>three global powers
well there's a few more than three but alright

Out of curiousity, do you think there's anything to the suggestion that because the currency, resources sectors and trade partnerships of european states are tied to each other, war is unthinkable because things like munitions or weapon delivery systems are impossible to produce in the current state of affairs?

Haha no

All real estate will be sold to Chinese speculators for thousands of dollars per square foot instead

Millennials will live in cargo containers and couch surfing and Japanese style sleep capsules

Haven't you noticed how much push there's been for "tiny houses"? $75,000 for 160 square feet, but it's carbon friendly and hip so go for it

>the fact that there hasn't been a war between the great powers since 1945 is solely attributable to globalisation.
No, it's attributable to the fact that the Soviets had literally no reason to take over the entire world unlike what propagandist kuks claimed, and also because of nukes. And no, the fact that France and Israel have nukes doesn't change anything. The Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore but lots of alliances are still in place, it's still a stupid idea to engage in a fight on that scale.
Another reason is that the Europeans have finally calmed down.
And while there hasn't been one global war, we've seen an incessant stream of small wars and massacres occurring since 1945. Probably more people than died in WW2 died in the process. Many of these were caused by globalization, because for example one big country didn't want a small country it had invested in to do anything significant independently, and when they tried doing it everything went to shit. In many of such countries, people who aren't filthy rich will probably not speak very nicely about globalization (which still doesn't mean that they want every country to isolate itself). It's not something that is necessarily good in itself. I don't know why Trump is "anti-globalization" though, the US is in the strong position it's in today thanks to it, and Trump sure as hell isn't the one who's going to say "we should stop being the world's bully".

Were the movie battle scenes up there with Saving Private Ryan?

man its not like baby boomers did that shit either
Yanks had Vietnam but not much else, nothing really for other countries.

you could have signed up for Afghanistan or for whatever war is on the horizon if you want.

being drafted is unlikely though

this
several million died in Iraq alone since the 2nd war started to now

You do realise this is dramatised media, even despite the fact it's based on true figures in true events. Just join the army if you're so keen to develop PTSD.

>believing this

The generation you're disparaging are literally the last generation to utilise human contact

I've got relatives in school in the generation you're praising and every single one of them is worse than the previous
Half of them are shut ins that are too busy staring at a computer screen obsessing over Facebook memes, you really think they're going to stop the western world from sliding into this liberal dystopia it's headed toward?

The other half have no morals at all because those hippy parents you praise aren't responsible parents at all, they instill no values into the children and as such they're all violent, self righteous and anti-education

But I'm assuming you are born later than 98 so you have to defend your own generation of spergs I gusss

Oh top 1% eh, very nice.

>shillary shills on 4chins

reminder that if you don't want shillary to hang, you're a traitor

This is a big thing so people can not be in debt to banks for the rest of their lives dumbass.
Can't keep working for (((them))).

Based. Trigger those loser 30 year old millennial manchild faggots. The worst generation.