You live inside your own brain that technically makes it impossible to prove any other minds exist outside of your own...

You live inside your own brain that technically makes it impossible to prove any other minds exist outside of your own mind. What do you think of solipsism?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/did-the-oscars-just-prove-that-we-are-living-in-a-computer-simulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like to masturbate to animals

>What do you think of solipsism?
Pointless philosophical masturbation. You have to act as if other minds exist in order to function in what you perceive to be reality, whether those minds actually exist or not.

If you are aware rn solipsism is bs because I am aware rn. But philosophy is gay so whatever.

There is a theory yet to be disproved, even after being considered by the likes of Feynman and later, Hawking, which posits that the entire universe is all the manifestation of a single electron whipping back and forth through time and space. The "one electron universe" theory, I believe. If that were true, then perhaps you (we) really ARE the only sentient mind that exists -- as well as everything not sentient. We are all things.

These are some amazing answers guys

The point OP was after is:
How does he know you're not just his imagination

If everything was his imagination, who/what made him?

This answer is my favourite

You shouldnt feel bad about masturbating to animals nothing wrong with that

Aliens

solipsism is logical and rational.

although a massively lonely concept.

I tend to think that existence is a simulation run by higher beings. this plane/'timeline' seems to be glitchy...

I've indeed contemplated solipsism deeply. however I think others do exist.

Thanks.

> this plane/'timeline' seems to be glitchy...
You have no other "plane/'timeline'" to compare with in order to make that determination.

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/did-the-oscars-just-prove-that-we-are-living-in-a-computer-simulation

:)

When the title of the article can be answered with a simple yes or no, you know it's going to be bad. In this case, the answer is no.

What is solipsism? Sounds intresting

the article's tongue in cheek, written by a physicist. I doubt you're intelligent enough to understand half of what's written anyhow.

>Sounds intresting
Prepare to be disappointed. It's philosophy 101 shit.

>written by a physicist
Nope.

you're too young (or perhaps not intelligent enough?) to have contemplated existentialism.

the average thinker finds these things very interesting.

I've got you pegged as an anti-intellectual trump-supporter.

Who the fuck cares? If you choose to believe everyone's in your imagination, is that gonna affect how you're gonna interact with people around you? If it does, you're mentally inferior and will probably lead yourself down a path toward suicide.

It's the same way with simulation theory. It's an interesting concept to ponder, but to apply it as if it has any actual bearing on our day-to-day life is actually retarded. Reality exists at some point, and right now seems pretty real, so why fucking alter it by trying to find some truth you pretty much made up in your head?

Okay. I've got you pegged as a troll, and not a very good one I'm afraid.

Sounds like a bad excuse to be a narcisist

If you're a true solipsist, everything's contrived. no "person" is real (according to you).

of course it's going to affect how you live and interact with others, you'll blow your brains out. utter loneliness.

This

I'm solipstic, mainly because I'm highly paranoid. I constantly over think my own consciousness and other around, sometimes even thinking this is all a dream or I'm just being fucked with in one just mind fuck.

Life is weird man

It's always nice meeting another solipsist, there are so few of us around.

yeah life's a trip for all of us I imagine.

enjoy the trip I say. shake off the fucky paranoia and just do your own good trip.

You should hear some of the shit I think about when I lay awake at night. I give my self headaches.

This is too meta for even those "High IQ Rick And Morty Fans"

Oh I'm enjoying it, but I mainly think about this shit when I'm alone forced to do something, like work, sleep, etc. I try to just listen to music to help tune it out, but it sucks when I have nothing to keep myself occupied with.

I can empathise, I think most intelligent humans can. the anxiety creeps in, the mind starts working overtime and won't shut up...

Hahaha nice one!

In all reality I don't have much of a drive with thing either. Maybe because of it, like I said, i am enjoying life the best I can, but I have/currently think about how we don't mean much on a cosmic level. I could cure cancer, and it would be good for humans for a few thousand years, maybe a couple ten thousand, but once were gone, will the galaxy or universe care?

You are not alone on that one trust me.

That image is several layers of retarded. Wasting oxygen in lighting a bong with your helmet screen on. Fuck the """""""""artist"""""""

Yes, but *who* feels?

Inb4 wojack

Correct. Live and let live. Be your own god and praiser without rejection, be it within or without your own consciousness.