yup. 1984 was best year for Punk

>Let It Be
>punk
It's indie rock and you know it.

what's the best song

coughs

Chartered Trips

Swedish hardcore>American hardcore

when it came out it was hardcore punk. You fucking hipsters just applied the post-hardcore label on it like a decade and a half later.

Nervous Breakdown and Out Of Vogue came out in 1979.

1982: Hardcore Punk was born

its fucking pussy music old man

edgy

also
>not liking Hüsker Dü

I feel bad for you

Indie rock is not a genre

crust was more metal based arguably, often associated with all the grind stuff

HNSNSN is Hardcore, it influenced Crust however

Standing by the Sea

Hardcore was a saturated, dying scene by 1984. Zen Arcade is an album by a hardcore band going in a different direction "post-hardcore" listen to this and listen to Damaged, Out of Step, Bad Brains s/t. Do they sound the same?

Hardcore punk was born in 1978 with black flag. Alternatively, you could argue Alt. Rock was born with that album

1973: Hardcore Punk was invented:
youtube.com/watch?v=6YMeZSxNWV8

Yeah,the smiths also came out with their debut that year. 1984 really just might be the birth of Alt Rock

I'll Never Forget You or Whatever

The Stooges were proto-punk, faglord.
And they had far too much blues influence and way to slow a speed to be hardcore.

French hardcore > Swedish hardcare

having been there at the time, the Mats were definitely still a punk band when Let It Be came out. I think it was considered a punk record with some non-punk songs until someone started saying "post-punk," which was right around this time. "post-hardcore" didn't exist as a concept. a little early for "indie rock," too.

>Disfear
>Anti Cimex
>not better than whatever some homosexual artsy frogs with black dick up their ass shat out

Saying hardcore punk was born in 1984 is just dumb as fuck btw. It's true that was the year Repo Man came out, which exposed SoCal hardcore music to a wider audience, but Darby had been dead for four years already, and bands like the Circle Jerks, Agent Orange etc had been going for even longer.

WRONG

whenever the fuck david peel was born is the beginning of punk.
youtube.com/watch?v=p4RWZ9vzRT4

listen to this album and tell me that every late 70s punk band didnt end up inadvertantly ripping this off
youtube.com/watch?v=9ztqL2hPvgQ&list=PLF-92rCh83ErBgpB-fR9HJSBoX4ssHYQw

also by 1984 there was too much hardcore shit for it to have the same impact that it did in the beginning. so yes 84 was a good year for hardcore, but it was not when it was born, nor was zen arcade the birth of it. zen arcade was the huskers proclaiming that they were done with hardcore more or less. no doubt they were still punkers, but they had definitely evolved by then. these are straight up hardcore albums by husker du
youtube.com/watch?v=g3MehtgiKnY

youtube.com/watch?v=h83n_m5qLtM

not even a bad record. but the fact that you can STILL TO THIS VERY DAY go to almost any fucking hardcore show and find at least one band whos only fucking influence is trying to rip off this record and discharges riffs... its despicable. fucking pathetic. crusties should all be lined up and shot, for being smelly, worthless junkies that look like they googled "punk rock clothes" and sewed some shitty patches and put some studs on em. they are the pinnacle of hypocrisy in punk. always a fucking dumbass anarchist, who was mad at ma and pa for saying they cant stay out late on school nights, so they swiped daddys card, jumped a train, and are coming to a living room couch near you.

d-beat is the most unimaginative fucking horseshit ive ever heard in my fucking life. its what bands do when they arent good enough to actually play at a decent tempo.

PROTIP: never let ANY crustie into your home. they will never leave unless you fucking punch them. theyll steal your smokes, your weed, your dogfood, whatthefuckever, then be like "maaaaan im sorry" then proceed to try and make you feel bad about it. fuck them and everything they stand for. if you dont violently remove them immediately, theyll phone all their friends from across the country and theyll all ride trains over to spend a couple months crashing in your living room. then you have an infestation, and its not easy to get rid of. makes bedbugs (which, conveniently enough, one of em ALWAYS has) look easy by comparison.

i also hate how they all have a fucking dog, a debit card in their parents name, and still find a way to let their dog nearly starve to death.

im going to throw a discharge cover show in a enclosed stadium, lock the doors and gas the worthless cunts.

shut the fuck up, nerd

Whatever

i concur. i always listen to the piano song thats right before it though as one song.

>Too hippy for the history books maybe
prolly. nevermind it was ed saunders from the fugs that coined the term in the mid 60s.

but yeah, he has a lot of shit. crazy motherfucker. he used to sell heroin to john lennon. and he wrote a song about it

youtube.com/watch?v=P2GXClcOEwY

>never let a Crustie live in your home
Made this mistake once. To multiply the damage they were a tranny crustie. They told me they hadn't washed their clothes in 3 months and also used the shower once in their stay here despite making 14 dollars an hour. Oh and constantly would privilege check me and any guests. Kicked them out told them their boipusi stank too bad.

ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=ONTj9Hgh_To

>tranny crustie
>Oh and constantly would privilege check me and any guests
jesus fucking christ im so glad my punk rock days were prior to this fucking outbreak.

that said, in those days, most trannys werent intolerable. we had like one, but she was fucking cool and mustve not gotten the memo about joining the oppression olympics. most of them were stealth as fuck.

our scene up in the rustbelt was fucking immune to all this radlefty retardation. we used to chase kids out of our shows who would show up with their fucking crimethinc pamphlets and whatnot. we were facsistly apolitical. i literally dont remember any band from around there that had anything to do with politics, other than to sneer at it or be purposefully retarded about it. kinda similar to the general (non/pol/) attitude on the chans. all that shit changed post-occupyfuckingwherever. i blame the CIA personally for their fucking COINTEL program fucking up the remains of my childhood and adolescence.

fuck yea
SS was the shit
youtube.com/watch?v=8N6NNbJmioM
apparently they were all yakuza members. fucking crazy motherfuckers.

Yep. Then again it took those bands 3++ years to perfect it.