Don't know shit how computers work. now learning C++, Python, and Java at the same time

don't know shit how computers work. now learning C++, Python, and Java at the same time
is this a bad strat?

Learn them one at the time you dumbass

learn one at a time genius, youll be importing in your C code instead of including

Not OP but what's the best one to learn if you only have to do one?

If you don't know shit about computers, for the time being skip the others, start with C++ and algorithms. You need algorithms.

>is this a bad strat?
yes, you're going to bamboozle yourself.

To start python is the best
And useful for some machine stuff

Languages are interchangeable when you get the concept behind Object Orient Programming down. Focus on C++ first and then moving to java will be easy all you need to do is learn the specific syntax and feel your way around the libraries.

I'd say focus on one language if you aren't used with programming.
Java seems to be a really bad start for a beginner.
Also but maybe except for the C++ part (I prefer python)

This.

I want to see you laughed at.

Yes python syntax will make you blow your brains out after static languages. Better off with Javascript at first over python

U have to apply the on a project or you end up using a hammer as a fork

Only a python tard would say this

I'd say don't waste your time and learn JavaScript. Nowadays there are enough Backends as a service so you won't need any low level shit.

You're comparing apples to cocks

>Donno how computers work
>Wanna learn to program
How are these related? Do you think learning Java will suddenly give you the ability to install Gentoo?

Learn C++ first. If you have to be weird about it, learn C++ and Java first. C++ is really your best bet, honestly, because the conventions of C-based languages MUST be known to be a competent developer.

Python is incredibly useful, but its syntax is bullshit and does not translate easily to other languages at all.

Python is the worst for beginners because it's syntax is so far from any other language. White space and tabbing left for else statements and other stupid shit is brutal. Java is at least close to syntax wise to all the other. Fuck Javascript is typed even more like a real language. Not to mention a lot of python syntax won't work in any other language because of its Monty python garbage

Take khan academy course and crash course on youtube about computer science. I started with python, but then quickly moved over to html/css, javascript, ruby, and frameworks. I'm now back to learning python and django

Bunch of retards recommending you to learn C++ pretending they know their shit. I will bet my left nut none of you can even write a simple hello world program in C++ without googling it

You'll end up procrastinating by learning. I haven't met any person who made good money by starting with learning a prog language first. Every single one of them had a goal first and figured out later what he needed to learn

::printout("Hello world!);

Python may be better to start with

that was the first thing I learned in class

Not if you want to make money

I'm glad I started with python first because it was very straight forward and I learned the basics quickly. When I went over to js and ruby it was a breeze because the foundation was already laid by python, I just had to learn the syntax

Ok then write one without googling and post here

drop Java and Python.

C++ BEST! Java is for cucks.

Better start with JavaScript because it's not typed, no intendation and no types and it reads like real English sentences

OOP is for fags.

Functional Programming beats it always.

What language is this?

No programming language made me more than JavaScript. C++ is for timawasters

basic

C++ without googling

You have no idea wtf you are talking about, and you're just being a contrarian for the sake of being one. I can guarantee that you don't work in the programing industry

in college they teach all 3 at the same time. over the course of 2+ years. just for an associates degree.

shitty way to learn something, but thats american school system.

This retard is from India, don't listen to people from India.

Language is irrelevant. Learn basic programming structures and best practices. Learn Big O notation to describe your algorithms and to quickly learn why your code won't work the way you want it to. Learn Git because your basic application will still be spread across MANY files and that shit gets messy quickly if you don't use version control. Learn to write tests and make sure you test when appropriate. Appropriate is somewhere between "always" and"never" and it's an art to decide when. Lean to diagram what you want to do before your write any code. A roadmap is invaluable. Pick one language and learn that shit as you are learning the language. Once you can program in one langage. You can look up the specifics of making a loop or the right syntax to use for a variable for whatever language you end up working with. Those other things are universal across everything you do.

java is the easiest and most usefull followed by C++.

Im from fcking germany you retard

Idiot. For data science and machine learning python is the king.

this guy's a software engineer listen to him, but you should start with js

really fucking depends on what your profession is oging to be. OP is prob just a game fag that wants to attempt to make games he will never finish, so java or C++ is the only way to go.

He probably is a software engineer, but it's terrible advice. That mindset he has acquired takes years of steady immersion in the subject. It can't be acquired otherwise. Meaning he should just start learning programming and eventually some proper design.

if he was smart and wasnt a blog writing faggot he would just simply tell you to learn logic and design of programming rather than blog about s hit that doesnt matter.

I'm more of a web developer but sure. I'm currently using .NET, and Ruby and occasional have to break out ASP Classic and PHP for legacy maintenance.

If you do shit with raspberry or sml python is best

This. This advice will save you hundreds of thousands of dollars if you're a decision maker

Everybody is saying this or that is the best. The bottom line is: if you want to make money and not being a salaried 9-5er, better learn JavaScript and use your Brain how and where to apply it.

>java is useful
kek

# iostream

int main()

cout < "Hello world" < endl;

return 0;

wait fucked up

>#include

forgot a lot of c++ tbh

Then tell me why TDD is much worse with OOP then FP ?

dont listen to this retard

if you want to make money you would learn to code in all languages and just make software apps for smart phones... seriously, make a bejewled game clone or any puzzle game really and you would make ass loads off of it.

Says who?

FOCUS ONLY ON LEARNING C++
Python and Java are shittier compared to C++

FTFY:
#include

int main(){
std::cout

It depends on your use case

go C, python, and MAYBE c++ if you need it. C++ is clunky and annoying. but everyone seems to like it probably just because it's object oriented even tho it's shit. Java is stupid.

CamelCase will do fine

Omg I hate reading shit like this.
Every language has it's advantages and disadvantages, or else they wouldn't be used. Each one is a tool, and someone who takes their crafts seriously chooses the best tool for the job.

Idk why there is so much language loyalty and cut throat opinions within the field.

This all being said c++ is a great place to start, it has pretty much everything that you need to know like pointers, oop, garbage collection, strongly typed, ect. And it's syntax is similar to most popular languages.

What's really the most important is Learning the logic and the correct way to think. This can be done with any language really, so if you are having trouble with c++ move into something easier until your more skilled and then come back

Yes this

Programming is a team sport. You don't understand that the loop you just wrote is going to hammer that server to the ground? You just pissed off your System Administrator. Avoid that by knowing the complexity of your code before you try to scale from your 100 example test data set to the 1.5 million example production data set.
You and a coworker are each trying to add a feature to a piece of existing software. You each make a change to a file that contains strings needed for your new code. You deploy your code too production. Everything is great. Your co-worker does the same and suddenly your strings are gone. Well fuck a bag, you have a conflict. Instead, learn Git and merge branches into the master then deploy master. Problem solved.
You are adding a new feature to a piece of existing software. You do your thing, deploy to production. The guys from support escalate a ticket saying emails aren't sending. Damn, if only there was a way to test these millions of lines of code across thousands of individual files...

Yeah

Learn C or java

Start with learning C and then move onto C++ if you really want to become a proper programmer.

If you'd rather just pick up programming quickly and use it for something practical start with Python.

Python is good, but it is the worst first programing language. It teaches you wrong methodology.

Then assembly. It really is easy if you like that kind of stuff

This. This man knows what he's talking about. End thread here.

Nobody fucking used C anymore. Stop recommending people to learn some obscure language you read about 20 years ago

>Python is low level

C is good for low level stuff
lol

Lol. I'm building a PWA SaaS that will wipe out a huge amount of apps out there by the end of the year. Wasting my time on Java or C++ would've never given me this opportunity. See you at the top in 5 years Sup Forumsros

You picked three good languages. Learn them one at a time though. You should go with

> 1) Python
> 2) Java
> 3) C++

Start at the top and work your way down.

It's not a bad strategy, learning different languages at the same time can teach you a lot about the differences in design and language construction and give you a better sense of the general principles rather than just memorizing the specific syntax of one language. But if you haven't programmed at all before it might be a bit overwhelming and you'll end up giving up because you didn't try to learn in more manageable chunks.

> # iostream
> int main() no brackets
> cout endl with no namespace
I'll be honest this made me laugh more than it should have.

Lol this. After having nearly 10 years of experience, I finally tried c for the first time when designing my own os. I'm using seriously a computer that is 20 years old. It barely tells me errors, and I gave to do stupid shot like name all my variables before my functions.

Would not recommend as a first language, it just seems disconnected

How much $ did it make you? 0 = outdated.

No, that's not american school system. That's shitty community college. Actual universities here require a bachelor's degree for computer science.

60% of all jobs requires you to know java. It is very useful.

Arm does and you don't know binary

Lol not if you're gonna start your own business. Then you can use the u want. Only 9-5ers and CS Students who think their college degree has any worth will recommend to learn JavaScript in 2018. Tell me how to create a PWA or SaaS with Java and look what will have bigger impact on the economy in the next years and you'll end up having yourself for the lie you've been believing all the time

You can money designing a new os in 2018?
What's a pwa saas user? Sounds like a good idea

C > everything faggot

It doesn't matter what language you learn...

Don't listen to all these faggots arguing over specific languages. Once you learn a language or two, any others you need are easy to pick up.

What's important is that you understand a range of low-level to high-level languages, which those three are.

You must be one of those future people whom I have been hearing about.
So since you know the future pray tell what year did PWAs actually take of? And why wouldn't you use java or something of the sort for the backend?

Those degrees require a bunch of programming classes in multiple languages. If the student thinks that the point of the choice of language for a particular class is based on learning that language he will be behind the 8 ball. It's about practicing and being open to change. Eventually you get a job and they will tell you what language the organization uses.

c++ and java are high level and python is pseudocode. i agree with what you're saying, but python isn't really worth learning unless you go into networking. also should learn assembly to understand how the computer actually interprets programs.

Lol at this dude

No they don't. I'm about to graduate with a CS degree. They taught us literally two languages: Java and C/C++ with unix. All the other classes are computer science, aka how computers work, how to write efficient algorithms, networking, theory, etc. Computer science isn't just writing a bunch of programs for a living. It's one thing to write code, it's another to be good at it and understand it.

Doesn't mean its actually useful

Not at the same time. Start with simple object oriented java

Assembly is so not worth the effort. And if you just have to develop normal software it does not help one bit to know how the computer interprets anything. That is only interesting if you are going for compilers and the like.

I second this!

Its useful if you want a job. Also Java is still the most used language of all.

I'll admit that knowing what's going on when you are using a compiled language is a good idea but at no point is "learn assembly" is not a part of that. If you want to specialize in aspects of computer science that work with things like compilers then sure. Otherwise a crash course in what's going on so you understand some things about memory addressing, IO, and interrupts of all you need.

Not what OP is asking for

Your school sounds like it has a better plan than most. Each of my professors got to pick the language. There were five total I believe. C, C++, Java, Perl (cause that's useful), and a few of the Microsoft languages. The courses were still things like Digital Logic, Numerical Analytics, and such but we were expected to hop between the languages. It was a bitch. Some people thought that meant "This class teaches Java." They simply did not.

with some helpfull concrete evidence

>muh syntax, muh this, muh that.

python, hands down.

it'll teach your both procedural and objective paradigms. also, it doesn't nag you with a lot of shite java and cpp do. some'll say this is good, some'll say this is bad. for actually learning the logic of programming, this is VERY GOOD. you actually focus on the logic itself than executing it, which is vital in the early learning period (and more rewarding too).

but, i wouldn't stop at python. once introduced to programming through it, you make a choice - cpp for a more low-level, optimisation filled way or java for business and work.

a genuinely good programmer doesn't care about the language. it takes a week or two to get into a new one and a while to get used to the philosophy of the language. what makes you a good programmer is being able to choose the right tool for the task, be it java, fortran or haskell, whatever. can a webserver be written in c? absolutely. is it worth it? no. don't be like the majority of codemonkeys who lobby one programming language only. just be open minded for anything that you'll be able to apply.

see
got some insider info from a game development studio (a real one, not these bullshit indie unity asset flip shites). c++ is the thing, and they don't really care if you're "capable" in it. maths is what they look for (calculating efficiency of code) and data structures. but you shouldn't start with that (like they do in universities). you should become comfortable with coding first, then be able to 100% transcribe your logic into code, and then you go for the efficiency things. it's basically a top-down approach (heard they do it like that on MIT, anyone can confirm/debunk?).

see
salsa: i teach programming