What headphones do you use anons? I want to know which ones you are using and your fucking opinion on them...

What headphones do you use anons? I want to know which ones you are using and your fucking opinion on them? How many of you have any professional or professional sounding headphones and how does it stand up and differ from regular headphones?

hd800s, I fell for the meme

>hd800s,
HOLY SHI. Did you really pay 1500USD for that shit and how does it even compare to a normal headphone?

>how many of you have any professional or professional sounding headphones and how does it stand up and differ from regular headphones?
They don't

Are you saying that they are the same and he spending of hundreds or thousands of dollars on a different headphone is just a fucking meme created by marketers and advertisers in order to suck money out of our pockets only due to their greed?

What a shock!

Ive owned the beyerdynamic dt660, dt770 (rip in peace), and the NAD viso HP50

The DT660s left a little to be desired in sub bass extension and overall bass prescence. The mids were pretty forward and they were reasonably detailed, but the bass just wasn't there for me.

The DT770 are definitely heavier in the lower range. Not much else to say except they are super comfortable. Don't use these to mix or master.

The NADs sound very similar to the 770s and i only got them because my 770s died. A little less bass but still decidedly warm. Significantly less comfy but they are more portable.

Ive never been able to own open headphones. If I were id probably have 880s desu.

Ay m8. Thanks for the (you)s. How much money do you reckon you have wasted on headphones so far?

Too much

hd 598 closed editon
they're good

DT990's, 250 ohms through a scarlett solo. Sound really nice, super comfy but holy fuck are they bright. Eversince I started using them I've got this static radio-like noise in my ears. Not really tinnitus but could definitely do without it.

Can somebody redpill me on how you turn the treble down in Windows 10?

>redpill
The word you're looking for is "spoonfeed"

HD600s.

I love them, wouldn’t upgrade.

honestly haven't used headphones in years. used to think it was the one true way to appreciate music, but that's really not true. it sounds better when it fills the room.
get good speakers for home, don't listen to music when you're out, you are missing out on things. you get enough entertainment at home. you know this is true

hd660s are my current favorite

I'll take it

HD598
M50s
Shure SE-215

Had the same rotation for several years, might upgrade the closed-back headphones at some point

I use cheap as fuck headphones and I'm too scared to upgrade to something nice just because I've never had a pair of headphones last longer than a few years before one side just stops working. Do nice headphones do that too or do they die because I'm only shelling out 60 bucks for headphones?

I've been using AKG Q701s for the past five years or so. I love how good the spatial separation is and how crisp everything sounds. Some people say it's lacking in the bass department but I really like how punchy and accurate the bass is, even if there's not a lot of it. The major downside to this pair of headphones is how uncomfortable the headband is. I've cut mine off. Anyway, I hear the newer AKG K7xx are better in every way.

The last time I was a regular here Grados were all the rage on Sup Forums and I actually fell for the hype and bought a pair of SR125s. Build quality wasn't that great and the headphones were only good for in your face music like punk which I don't listen to a lot.

I've also tried my brother's Beyerdynamics DT 770 and thought they sounded decent. Not as good as my Q701, maybe because they're closed headphones. But the bass was good. And lastly I've purchased a pair of HD 598SE for my dad's birthday. Good enough headphones, no glaring weaknesses, but I would still spend the $50 to get into the next tier. It seems to me that $150-300 is the sweet spot as far as headphones are concerned, and you usually get more bang for your buck with open headphones.

some things break if you're not careful, but you know you can always repair things, right
with headphones it's mostly just a broken cable, takes 3 minutes to fix

I bought a pair of ATH-M50x about two years ago, only had Sennheiser HD-201, pretty big difference. I enjoy my M50x's but I think I want a pair of nice open headphones. Been thinking about saving for Sennheiser Hd 600 or the 660s. Any recommendations that doesn't violate my wallet too much? like max 200usd

I have a 150 audio Technica too. But it is nothing 150x. Is there ant difference between the two?

K240s. They're ok for the price and they're pretty durable too.

I dont understand what the big deal here is, these shitty 500 dollar headphones sound just as good as 20 dollar shit from walmart

HD598, the open ones. Never had an issue in the ~5 years i've had them