Electronic music does not convey as much emotion as real music made with organic instruments

electronic music does not convey as much emotion as real music made with organic instruments.

why do people like this shit? seriously.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4obWMN3zuKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8XuF6ttoUQA
youtube.com/watch?v=tPzkNS4rits
youtube.com/watch?v=lBdXLRl2g2E
youtube.com/watch?v=qKlA9UZ5I4E
youtube.com/watch?v=wvkzoqQ5Oak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so when you hear man-made sounds they sound inuman, and when you hear natural sounds, they sound man-made? bizzaro world

oh fuck if I know OP, I''ve been wondering the same thing for years.

have you ever listened to Oneohtrix Point Never music?

electronic music isn't man-made. it's man synthesized. 2 totally different things, pleb.

yup. he's shit.

Because an instrument has swing and flow, each note's duration is a tiny bit different, the timing between two notes isn't exact either. Each player will play the same piece with suble differences that make it human. A sequencer however uses exact duration, timing, and usually the same recorded drum beat or guitar strum each note with the pitch shifted. Often times this sounds sterile or hollow.

That's a shitty opinion. Synths can carry tons of emotion. I think you're just making a broad generalization to justify why you don't like what little you've heard in this category of music.

thank you.

i've heard enough to know it's shit and not worth my time.

electronic sounds are more man made than natural sounds are

that's what natural means, not man-made

none of these things are intrinsically human though

To err is human user

That actually just means you don't like it. Tiny little fuckups don't make music any better or worse

you must have only heard very shitty electronic music...

try these:
Gary Numan - M.E.
Kraftwerk - radioactivity
jean michel jarre - equinoxe IV

artificial things are the most human things
ie things of artifice, or art
these are the highest human pursuits

what you describe is craft, a lesser human pursuit

>instruments
>not man made
You can't actually be this retarded.

natural sounds are synthesised too, ya nimbus, just naturally

this is a bait thread, he's just going to instantly dismiss those to piss you off.

what is 'natural sound' then? it is impossible to produce with instruments?

none of those hold the emotion compared to mt eerie's latest album or benji
try again

nope.
you bring a good point tho. "natural". electronic music is not natural.

I'm sure you want to believe that. In reality, you are the problem - not the music genre.

yeah, but it's worth trying, i have nothing better to do anyways.

>organic instruments

Good job making yourself sound like an idiot

They aren't fuck-ups. But a sequencer can't stress the chords that feel frantic or depressed subconsciously and let what that instrumentalist has going on inside come through.

exactly
that's why we have terms like artificial
electronic music is artifical, ie man-made, ie human

>stating opinion as fact
I can feel tons of emotion from some electronic music. Other subgenres of electronic music don't attempt to portray emotion so it's useless to criticise it based on your one dimensional view on what makes music good

I STRONGLY disagree. Listen to Untrue or Forgive by Burial. Or any one of Aphex Twin's ambient songs. Lichen in particular.

When people think electronic music isn’t trash
>mfw

find me a electronic song that describes the emotional value of this song
youtube.com/watch?v=4obWMN3zuKQ
i'll wait

you haven't even had the time to listen to them since i've posted them.

proves this guys point i suppose.

they aren't fuck ups tho. classical music is great because of this. it's not all 100% perfectly synced. humans are not like computers. we are imperfect. that's why electronic music sucks. it's too "perfect". its unnatural.

electronic music doesn't convey as much emotion a-
youtube.com/watch?v=8XuF6ttoUQA

>Google mt. eerie
>literally the first image that shows up

ýou realize that some electronic music isn't made on some kids macbook right?

synthesizers are just like pianos, only much more capable.

i've listen to them before
try again

humans might not be LIKE computers but computers are definitely the work of humans

you don't see any other organism fucking around with computers do you

pro tools is the industry standard to mix his albums
are you retarded?

>comparing electronic music to real organic instruments
i see where you're getting at, but you're still wrong.

how are electronic instruments 'not real'?

Its like a gf who burns the dinner she was cooking for you two. It's the moments of imperfection and vulnerability that make it relatable as humans and more emotionally fufilling in the process.

not compared to thisit doesn;t

Dude but the sound is too perfect and unnatural with a DAW its not real music if he isn't using a shitty old 8 track

i realize that synthesizers are computerized pianos that sound nothing like a real piano and more like a fucking robot.

What if someone prefers the sound of a fucking robot over a piano? Does that make them "less human" to you?

pianos are shit though who cares about pianos
fucking hit the note and wait for it to end
its like having a plectrum on the end of a long pole

Dismissing the entire realm of synthesized sound just because "muh emotion" is idiocy. Thinking that what's behind the sound and not the sound itself is what brings emotion is embarrasing.

does this sound perfect to you?
youtube.com/watch?v=tPzkNS4rits

>'not real'
>creating a quote i did not say
they don't exist

>i'll wait
30 seconds for this song to start

yeah ok i inferred it, you implied it, w/e
but they do certainly exist

they aren't supposed to sound like pianos just like violins aren't meant to sound like a piano, it's an entirely different instrument that has the ability to come over just as emotionally as a piano.

that makes them a mindfucked idiot to me.

>pianos are shit though who cares about pianos
i don't even need to add anything to this. you've made yourself out to be a dumbass.

he hasn't experienced the emotional fulfillment of having a girlfriend who can cook well

There is a reason that he is using drum machines you know

pianos are literally the worst thing to happen to electronic music
if pianos had never been invented we wouldn't all be stuck with ADSR

the real mindfucked idiot is you, unable to accept other's opinions and unwilling to accept modernization in music, fuck off

well yeah his wife just died and he couldn't be arsed to hire a drummer

still waiting for that electronic song!

they're supposed to sound like a fucking computer. a non-natural non-organic instrument. i'm not saying they aren't instruments. i'm saying they don't convey emotions like real instruments do.

>Produced in a DAW
>Fucking drum machines

If you actually believed the shit you were saying you'd be listening to nothing but old field recordings

a synthesizer IS a real instrument, i would take a proper MOOG over anything else any day.

>buttmad because you like shit electronic music

and you probably produce it with you're shit abelton or what have you.

Elverum uses drum machines because he sees the artistic merits of sythesized sounds and isn't a literal retard

i don't see whats wrong with what i asked
show me an electronic album dealing with death like the one i just posted?
nothing is wrong with daw's? its modern technology why wouldn't he use it?
its like turning down using the internet diotic.

how don't they convey emotion? what about 'organic' instruments allows them to communicate more emotion?

electronic music is actually the most emotional music

i'm sure you would. and you would be wasting your money on that overpriced bullshit they sell to you gullible nitwits.

i don't make music myself, meanwhile you still have to learn not all electronic music is made with fucking ableton and whatnot

Yes. A natural sound is a sound that occurs naturally, without any man made invention. Body percussives, singing, sounds msde in nature, ECT.

try listening to something that isn't electronic garbage. you MIGHT see what me, and a lot of other people, are talking about. doubt it tho.

nothing is wrong with drum machines. steve albini an cocteau twins abused them well.
now post an electronic album as sad as that

try answering the question?

i gave you one and you said yours conveyed more emotion. i disagree. it came off boring cause i've heard it 1000 times and i didn't get the lyrics because the singing was also boring. maybe emotions and that what evokes them is subjective and changes from person to person

yeah, like people don't overpay for normal instruments.

i don't get why i'm still talking to you, you appear no older than 12 and you're definitely into the "my generation sucks" stage, grow up.

that's why i said, "or what have you" you fucking illiterate moron. keep listening to your computerized shit.

im a huge afx fan but none of his songs are dealing with death of a loved one.

electronic music conveys emotions that sad rockists can only dream of feeling

how would you even know that

then gtfo, faggot
you're obviously too cool for this thread. go back to your soundcloud thread and post your shit electronic music so no one will care.

emotion = sadness
t. rock-babby

>Talks about emotion like it's something that can be objectively quantified and compared.
>Totally incapable of understanding the viewpoints of others

Ok I get why you made this thread now

Wanna know how I know you listen to prog rock?

Then why do you say that that "imperfections" is what make music "relatable"? The entire point of the drummachine is to the deliver a quantized beat

how wouldn't i not know that?
anyway try this
youtube.com/watch?v=lBdXLRl2g2E
again live music and a man fuckd up on heroin
find me a electronic song on this lvl

it was already answered in this thread. try go fucking yourself. meet me outside. how bout dat?

you're talking to some other guy i never said.

wow that didn't take long
enjoy your evening

besides a couple pink floyd albums, which i havev't listened to in years, i don't. so tell me, how do you know?

Have you heard of Boards of Canada?

>emotion

stop being a 13 year old girl

>emotion is the one true purpose to music
electronic music is good for novel sound design and rhythmic complexity, live music is good for rawer emotional nuance. you can listen to both, as well as hybridized music.

this is not a fun discussion and i still don't think you're right

Classicists said similar things about rock when it came into fashion

>not answering the question
cmon m8
agreed

What do you listen to then? I assume only the most austere and complex western classical music only, since you "don't like electronic instruments" (note that almost all music since the invention of synthesizers has used them)

not that good a song in my opinion.

try this:
youtube.com/watch?v=qKlA9UZ5I4E
entirely made on synths and drum machines

here u go youtube.com/watch?v=wvkzoqQ5Oak
this is what talent sounds like btw

what is your question?