This album saved rock in the 2010s

This album saved rock in the 2010s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ViAqmPpHVlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well a lot of fucking good that did

along with both Radiohead albums and MBV-MBV

You're absolutely right. Unfortunately, like all influential works, it quickly became the point of reference for a billion watered down imitators.

>, it quickly became the point of reference for a billion watered down imitators.
like who??

No

i wrote this off as pop music that will annoy me if i listen to it.
am i retard?

Fucking boring album, Alter Ego is the only good track

These guys for sure.
youtube.com/watch?v=ViAqmPpHVlE

>Blocks your path

King Gizzard. They even stole the whole Australian thing too.

I thought King Gizzard was ripping off Thee Oh Sees

Personally, I like Currents

This is the contrarian opinion. Currents isnt a bad album but it isnt as good as InnerSpeaker and certainly not as good as Lonerism

there is literally nothing comparable about king gizzard and tame impala other than the fact that both draw inspiration from 60s psychedelia

king gizzard now though doesnt sound like the 60s at all, they remind me more of blue oyster cult or late 70s hard rock like eloy

It does sound better mastered than their previous work though, that's for sure.

yea exactly

even further removed from krame impala

fucking this

the fuck are you talking about, it's just a trader joe's brand beatles album.

wtf are you talking about? that album is literally just a tribute to the 60's psych rock sound. sure the sound was influential.. 50 years ago. if you want to talk about actually influential rock in the last decade then try pic related. or hella, or even some ty segall/white fence/oh sees stuff

i disagree, only the vinyl appears to be slightly less brickwalled and shittily mastered than the CD and downloadable versions. the 'unmastered' or edited version of Lonerism that is available to pirate is still the best quality recording of a tame impala album so far. nobody has uploaded the unmastered currents rip, but i doubt it stacks higher than lonerism. lonerism despite the awful mixing and mastering still is the most dynamic album hes put out so far. currents only sounds better from a pop perspective because its easier to sell that sound

haha we both started our outburst with the same inquiry

>the singer sounds a little like john lennon
>"they are a beatles rip off"
every time

that album is literally sgt. pepper era beatles with NEU drumming

sgt pepper has a bunch of horns and strings very baroque, innerspeaker is just synths and a rock band, they dont sound alike past the voices

currents is the Be Here Now of tame impalas discography with that mastering

>but they use different instruments
the music sounds the same. even if they don't sound exactly like the beatles, they sound exactly like a culmination of all the different psych bands at that time. they haven't done anything unique or influential. they were the ones being influenced.

idk why tame impala fans are so ignorant of this. you'd think that if they like that sound so much they would be more informed about where it came from.

>the music sounds the same. even if they don't sound exactly like the beatles, they sound exactly like a culmination of all the different psych bands at that time.
except using different instruments, newer technology and techniques, etc.
you are dumb.

>currents is the Let It Be of tame impalas discography
fixed

you're the dumb one you sensationalist fag. if you showed that album to any adult and tried to tell them it's the sound of this generation they would laugh at you.

it's a decent album, but it's not influential at all. take a break from reading p4k and actually listen to some more music

The 80s did the whole "steal 60s psych and call it neo-psychedelia" thing better.

i didnt say it sounds like the album of this generation, i said it doesnt sound like the baroque music on sgt pepper you fucking halfwit.

this.

>implying you're not op

Innerspeaker is more psych than anything from the 80s. XTC? Spacemen 3? nah

>Innerspeaker is more psych than anything from the 80s
that's why the 80s stuff is better. they incorporated new and forward-thinking (at the time) sounds. new-wave, post-punk, drone, you name it

>implying spacemen 3 isn't the most psychedelic band to ever exist
disgusting

youre right tame impala is not new wave. that would be terrible. we have the band Goat for that

well i would be completely lying if i didnt shill for this album once this month already. i mean what can i say: is there anything more psychedelic? acid mothers temple has got nothing on this