Jurassic Park 1

>Jurassic Park 1
>Park only went to shit because of Nedry's sabotage

>The Lost World
>Hunting operation only went to shit because of Ian's group's sabotage

>Jurassic World
>Park was fine for 10 years, only went to shit because they created an abomination

Fucking hell, we could've had awesome dinosaur parks but assholes keep messing it up intentionally.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q4jS6lW3sYM?t=6m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=cVA4BO2v7zs
rio2016.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/kokusai/1477549053/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What about JP3?

>we could've had awesome dinosaur parks but assholes keep messing it up intentionally.
Do you not understand the importance of a central conflict, and how having a successful park would probably not permit this? Also, how these parks are entirely fictional, and merely having an "awesome dinosaur park" which is fictional is meaningless?

To be fair. Keeping dinosaurs would probably be pretty easy all things considered and I don't think them going full rambo killing everything in their path is really a hindrance from a real life Jurassic Park forming.

That film was shit from the beginning.

:^)

They would have dealt with the monster if those kids hadn't left their area and brought the thing to the aviary.
Those two kids were partially responsible for almost all the deaths not caused by raptors or mutant dinos

By the time we get that kind of tech, we'll already have super advanced 9mm ammunition that can take a frisbee-sized chunk out of anything fleshy. That's if we don't drop ballistics for something like arc or sonic instead.

Why the fuck do none of these movies have giant insects?

Who the Fuck would go to a dinosaur theme park to look at large versions of bugs that exist today? Besides the things couldn't sustain themselves unless you constantly kept the oxygen in their space at certain levels.

Not to mention the part where they got the DNA from mosquitoes, which aren't known for feasting on bug blood for their babies

I don't know about that. I think we are surprisingly pretty close to figuring out how to properly resurrect old species.

It went to shit because of spared expenses and extreme naivety

No, point is, they should never have made Indominus. Park was fine for 10 years. Dinosaurs are manageable.

The idea that "a dinosaur park can never be safe! life always breaks free!" is bullshit because all of the time the bad shit happens only because of intentional sabotage (remember, Indominus was also created as a WEAPON, not an attraction)

My favorite parts of all the movies are when everything is running smoothly.

>Besides the things couldn't sustain themselves unless you constantly kept the oxygen in their space at certain levels.
Have you ever been to a modern zoo? my local zoo has a section with temperature, humidity and oxygen levels of the indonesian jungle to keep the giant bats alive and happy.

I recently read the book, and even though what you say is referenced, there's still giant dragonflies flying around the park.

Michael Crichton was a hack.

>Jurassic World
>Park was fine for 10 years, only went to shit because they put a woman in charge

Fixed that for you.

>Indominus was also created as a WEAPON

No it wasn't. You're thinking of the raptors.

Jesus christ people, these are not magical beings that can shrug off bullets like it's nothing.
Regular guns could take down anything short of a t-rex without much trouble, keep a rocket launcher on stand for her and you'll be fine. The real problem would be with sneaky shit like the raptors.

You didnt pay attention.

It was specifically designed as a weapon.

They wanted to USE the raptors as weapons once they saw they could be trained.

They weren't bred for it.

In the original, at least in the book, Muldoon complains that hammond does not keep enough weapons.

And in the book , they put to sleep the T-rex and blow raptors to pieces with a rocket launcher.

Still, Muldoon points out there that they do not know enough of these animals, and brings as an example the different reactions of an elephant, an hippo and a rhino (iirc) to anaesthetic.

MANS HUBRIS

>a bunch of mercs with guns
>all running away from 2 T-Rexes

>a bunch of specops guys with guns and AT4s
>all running away from Raptors

>Jurassic World
>Park was fine for 10 years, only went to shit because they created an abomination

no the worst thing here is, they didnt even mean to fuck it up, the other ones were all about some cunt being a bad guy. but this one was literally "hey we have a GPS tracking device in a dino, but lets open all the gates, even the one the dino can get out of for no reason and THEN GPS it, oh shit it got out, well never mind tranqs dont exist in this world any more so you cattle prods and nets

i liked the movie but fuck i had to turn my brain off for it to be fun.

I forgot about the super tranqs they had in JC2. It's gonna bug me now, but I wasn't thinking about it at the time of watching Jurassic World

theres a line when they were trying to trap it

the tranqs can't penetrate its hide, they weren't just using prods and nets

>I loaded the enhanced venom of Conus purpurascens, the South Sea cone shell. Most powerful neurotoxin in the world. Acts within a two-thousandth of a second. Faster than the nerve-conduction velocity. The animal's down before it feels the prick of the dart.

>never used

FUCK IT GOT ME SO MAD

EDDIE DIDN'T DESERVE SUCH A SHITTY DEATH

In the book he dies a worse death desu.

What happens in the book?

Some of the characters are on a high-hide (not like in the film, a giant stilt-platform).

The raptors spot them/smell them and start climbing the hide.

After fighting them off for minutes, the raptors are almost on top and the platform is rocked. Eddie falls off and gets dragged away by the raptors.

Essentially he gets eaten alive after breaking all his bones.

Id rather get ripped apart by 2 T-Rexes.

Not him, but he was offed by a pack of velociraptors

>Id rather get ripped apart by 2 T-Rexes

I bet you would

haha

Falls out the high hide and ripped apart by raptors

Is that some raptor-cunt joke, which TRex-cunts dont get? Because I aint fucking laughing.

Jurassic World wasn't a case of anyone fucking up intentionally. They legitimately thought that Indominus would be a fun and relatively safe attraction for guests.

Also, you forgot JP3. I would say that one is sort of a case of sabotage by William H. Macy and Tea Leoni. They told Sam Neill what to do and he was doing his job just fine until they sprung a huge fucking surprise on him.

Dude, Vincent D'Onofrio's character specifically stated that Indominus was designed to be a weapon. He and Wu did some shady shit behind the scenes. Why else would an attraction have camouflage?

>Why else would an attraction have camouflage?
You're completely right, but on another end I could see how a camo "now you see me now you don't" dino would actually be a great attraction.

You don't understand
Prehistoric giant arthropods existed in a time long before dinosaurs where the entire composition of our atmosphere was completely different
It's nothing comparable to the differences of temperature, humidity and pression between different zones of today's Earth

to be fair, InGen can probably whip up some giant insects with LUNGS if they wanted to.

reminds me, in Guilermo Del Toro's Mimic the bugs have lungs. Great detail for a monster movie, but that's GDT for you

chili and sea bass

>They legitimately thought that Indominus would be a fun and relatively safe attraction for guests.

Literally a major plot point is that it's a fucking useless attraction, able to become invisible and that military companies are paying for that research because the rest of the park isn't very profitable.

I sometimes wonder what kind of idiots watch movies since they need to dumb things down and spell them out, but apparently having the characters literally say this information went over your head.

Lucas had the right idea. Just name the villain Ebul Badgui.

>mfw "indominus" isn't even a real latin word

better than "Diablosaurus" I mean jesus that's Lucas tier writing

>the entire composition of our atmosphere was completely different
>InGen can probably whip up some giant insects with LUNGS if they wanted to.

The big fictional "out" in Jurassic Park has always been and remains that they're not real dinosaurs. They're a genetic manipulation experiment using frogs and other current creatures to splice the DNA remnants extracted from the old blood.

Again this is literally part of the guided tour in the first movie, a plot point in pretty much all of them and especially in Jurassic World, since they spell this out explicitly in reference to the I-Rex.

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY WATCH THE MOVIES?

It's like you people skimmed a wikipedia summary and then came here to complain. Fuckwits.

Also, if that were true real life zoos wouldn't exist.

>tfw no Jurassic Park TV series where it shows the day-to-day operation and behind the scenes of what's it like to run the biggest theme park in the world

>tfw no short film spinoff of Jurassic World that's a take on kitschy Disneyland souvenir videos that's basically a 45 minute look at an average day at the park where nothing goes wrong guided by a costumed mascot Mr DNA or something.

It'll probably happen if JW2 does well.

I don't really do TV but I'd watch a JW show.

people have been saying that for 20 years now

>the uhhh essence of uhh chaos

>show man-sized door leading into i-rex cage
>they open the giant dino sized door to get in
>before checking it's location with the GPS tracker

c'mon guys seriously?

CHILLI AND SEA BASS. WE'VE GOT CHILLI AND SEA BASS HERE.

to be fair though, people have, and continue to die at zoos, mainly from their own retardation.

Life finds a way

can you imagine if a niglet fell into the T-Rex enclosure and they had to shoot it?

why shoot it? i'm fairly sure the t-rex is capable of killing it itself

top wew

10/10

in the style of The Office?

Not everyone autistically remembers each and every intricate plot detail of a film they watched a year and a half ago you cretin

Citation needed.

It was only implied that Hoskins wanted to turn the Indominus into a weapon after the park and the Raptor operation went tits up. Since he talked about it being miniaturized and breed to be loyal.

Also Hoskins did nothing wrong because even though he wanted to push the Raptor operation, but he respected the chain of command and did nothing to sabotage or undermine anything. And he brought his team in as a contingency after Assist Containment failed (Remember it was the broad and the Arab who ordered it to be a non lethal operation which is why they all got killed.) and the Arab's pride and stupidity that got him and his men killed and made the situation go from a PR problem to park ending.

He also had the best character theme in the entire franchise.
youtu.be/Q4jS6lW3sYM?t=6m27s

ALAN

>arab
I though it was a pooinloo?

Anti-material rifles would be the way to go, less mess

Implying the 3rd isn't due to general incompetence.

>Oh shit, she got out of the cage
>Actually we should probably check the GPS first
>Shows her still in the enclosure
>Well that's it then. Wew lad. Release a goat to draw it out

BD Wong was Dirty. He was passing off the traits that made it a better weapon as coincidence.

>implying this isnt one of the most iconic scenes in the series

JP 3 had its moments.
youtube.com/watch?v=cVA4BO2v7zs

>yelling and drawing attention

It's like they wanted to be eaten

Is the Raptor Commandos in Jurassic World the most retarded and lazy moment in film history?

Also, you wouldn't be able to hear the ringing from the phone

BEN? BEN?? BENNNN?! SEAN? SEANNN? BENNN? SEANN???

ALAN!

Only in the first movie did the threat of the dinosaurs seemed real. The place was understaffed and they lacked weapons. Every other movie they had groups of experienced armed people that should have easily killed any dinosaurs. I seriously hope the next movie doesn't doesn't involve merc groups.

I hope it goes full retard and just makes a live action Dino Wars

THESE RAPTORS WERE BRED FOR A SINGLE PURPOSE

WAR

>I seriously hope the next movie doesn't doesn't involve merc groups

Why would they even do that? This isn't an auto franchise

>Jurassic Park 1
>Park only went to shit because of Nedry's sabotage

>"john will there be any dinosaurs on this dinosaur tour?"

The park was not working before nedry fucked with it. Also the spontaneous gender changing and unauthorized breeding. The raptors that killed a man and could not be properly displayed on a tour. Frankly, I was not convinced it was viable and I pulled out from investing.

No chilli and sea bass for you then

Just play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. It's great as fuck, at least it was back then.

I wonder if Prehistoric Kingdom will ever come out

how /k/ would kill the indominus rex

All conjecture, since if they knew if it could mask its heat signature and could camouflage, they'd have told ACU and say it was a need to know basis.

If anything the blame lies on corporate greed and the consumer culture that demands things always be bigger and 'better'.

I'm sure in JW2, they're going to retcon it and have it where Hoskins did everything you said he did and the Indominus was some secret military project just to smash it into people's skulls.

I keked

Fucking hell

Post of the day

When it's THE major plot point and the reason to ignore any paleontologist that goes on an autistic fit over the dinos not being realistic. (Today, all the dinos have fucking feathers and the T-rex looks goofy as fuck based on what they say they found.)

It's something to remember.

To labors

Let's toil for rich men and USA.

rio2016.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/kokusai/1477549053/

I scoffed at both the script writers and the black guy when he chuckled at Hoskins notion of making the raptors loyal through breeding programs. Humans turned wolves into chiwawas over a few hundred years. Throw some genetic splicing into it to speed things and those raptors could be made docile in no time.