What, exactly, is Butterfly about?

What, exactly, is Butterfly about?
>I'm sorry for what I did
>I did what my body told me to
>I didn't mean to do you harm

Other urls found in this thread:

rockdirt.com/rivers-cuomo-explains-why-he-doesnt-screw-groupies/3590/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it's for the prior 9 songs on the album.

He clearly writing about a woman he raped. He is known for sexual harassment, I wouldn't but rape past him.

I interpreted it as him saying he cheated on the girl

>When we’re on tour, I try to find a massage parlor wherever we go. It’s become a ritual – wandering around the seedy district at three in the morning, searching for some action. I prefer the full body massage with a ‘happy ending’. It can start to feel kind of empty after a while, but you can meet some really cool people. A lot of times it’s the older ladies I really like – they have this nice maternal vibe. The reason I started with the prostitutes was solely to work on my negotiating skills. Once I mastered negotiating with a naked woman asking me for money, dealing with Interscope was a piece of cake.

rockdirt.com/rivers-cuomo-explains-why-he-doesnt-screw-groupies/3590/

I always interpreted it as being too maladjusted and impulsive to maintain a healthy relationship, and as a result, essentially "trapping" and "killing" the person he's with. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

O-of course!

These seem likely, but I just wanted to hear interpretations. It's weird that an album with so brutally upfront lyrics would end with a song that is relatively cryptic lyrically, so it's always thrown me.
>maternal vibe
>Rivers mother was a massage therapist
Rivers, no

Wtf I never even considered that

It's about the fucking opera he based the entire album on you retards. He's singing from the perspective of Pinkerton from Madama Butterfly.

underrated

Is Any Friend of Diane's from the new album about being gay or being in threesomes with other men? The title made me think of an old slang for gay men, "Friend of Dorothy", and since then, the lyrics have come across strange. On top of that, the whole song is inexplicably sung with a lisp, which is a gay stereotype.

He tried to fuck a butterfly and ended up crushing it with his penis
wrong

this is correct, any other interpretation is for brainlets. also happens to be the weakest track on the album, although it's still good.

>yesterday I went outside/caught a lovely butterfly
>when I woke up today

Clearly he is not talking about the opera, because in the opera Pinkerton is gone for like 3 years. Not one fucking day.

It's not about the Opera at all you dumb ass. He's singing about his own life you idiot.

you are a cunt

You are a dumb fuck who is wrong lol.

quads confirm

he's actually wrong tho

Ultrakek

I know he's wrong, thanks for confirming Rivers.

spooky digits

correctamundo

either he isn't talking about anything and just came up with the lyrics randomly or he raped a girl and feels guilty about it

Nigga's going through withdrawls and relapsed.

He's apologizing to his persona he built up to for everyone around him and to cope with the anxietys he feels.