Why didn't he use his Time Powers to save Tilda Swinton or fix his hands?

Why didn't he use his Time Powers to save Tilda Swinton or fix his hands?

Because Tilda told him to fuck off and that she wanted to die.
Because he's using his hands as a reminder of what he was and who he's become.

It's the same reason he doesn't fix his broken watch, it's a way of accepting that what happens happens.

Also it's against the rules to use time shit, he used it to save the world and crap but you can't just abuse of it man.

He also technically used it outside our reality.

Yea but Mordo was still angry at him though. Because he fixed the sanctum in Hong Kong.

Mordo a real roody poo.

Just turn off your brain bro ;)

because time travel magic is a terrible plot device and the only way to make a semi-compelling story involving it is to turn everyone stupid regarding time travel.

Why are they using time travel? Because they're stupid.

Why aren't they using the time travel they just used to do Y instead, which would be more efficient and less dangerous? Because they're stupid.

>what happens happens
>unless i use my superpowers to prevent bad stuff from happening :^)

Capeshit is so garbo

who the fuck is mordo?

The black dude that has the magic flying booties and extendo staff.

Why didnt he use his time traveling magic to prevent 9/11?

Checkmate capeshitters

Because crazy diamond can't bring back the soul

I think the message was that by surrendering your fate to the universe, you gain the power to affect the fate of the universe.

Strange had to accept his fate of dying, over and over again, forever. By accepting this fate, he had power over scary face man, who could not accept that fate. Strange ultimately won by surrendering.

i just referred to him as black wong

Well now you know his name. He's like the main bad guy in the Strange comic.

You know like an rival magician not like a god from another dimension.

>tfw no good camrip yet

He seemed like a pretty good guy to me. the whole "messing with time powers is going to have consequences" is a rational position.

Guess you missed the 2nd cut scene?

He goes around killing mages because :"There's too many mages".

He goes to that handicap dude that was playing basketball and sent strange to nepal and takes away his magic crippling him again.

stop being a cheap piece of shit

Yep, completely missed it. I wish marvel would start announcing at the start of the credits how many extra scenes they have.

Also, wtf. That's a rapid shift in character, and seems like really shitty writing.

It's very simple. There is always an extra scene at the very end of the movie.

That means that NOTHING comes after it. No credits no nothing.

You watched the Thor scene that was between the Actors credits and the all the other cast credits.

well he did mention he's been away for several months and came to an epiphany

maybe he encountered some villains along the way that changed his mind

He was tired of rule breakers.

It's like fuck man just follow the rules.

Also he does say at some point in the movie that we don't know him or what he's gone through. He probably has a reason.

The movie literally tells you, LITERALLY, that if he wanted he could fix his hands. He chooses not to.

This is why movies suck so much these days, because idiots like you need him to actually say "I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO FIX MY HANDS!". Learn to read between the lines.

Yeah, I do remember him saying he's killed a lot of people, and he'd do it again without hesitation.

I guess he's a completely ruthless soul, ready to defend his absolutes. he has become the sith.

>goes to another dimension
>endures painful death over and over again
>knowing the risk that there is a chance the cosmic satan would play along and kill him forever and ever
>saves humanity without anyone ever noticing.
>no monument.

Tell me why this isn't the biggest superhero sacrifice ever.

It is, and once he becomes the sorcerer supreme he deals with that level of treats on a daily basis.

Dr Strange is an insanely strong motherfucker.

He's an interesting character really. He, Kaecillus, and Ancient One are all grey characters.

See its a easy way to keep him the fold to help battle a bigger enemy later while still making him a villain for the next like ten if they want, Mordo him self is such a hammy actor if he comes in close to what he played in serenity they could milk that character for years to come.

I have not thought of this till right that moment.

they literally explain both in the same scene

it's not even a complex movie

you must be a huge idiot

The movie is shit so a shit rip is appropriate.

They missed an opportunity with this IMO. They should have dropped some Sisyphus references in there, maybe brought in Camus' essay.

>capeshit

I am wondering is the magic real magic or just science shit dressed as magic since I am not allowed to view cinema with magic or spiritistic undertones.

It's the other side of the marvel universe. It's real magic, no science.

Sucks your cult doesn't let you watch stuff you want to watch.

In the context of the movie universe, the "magical" laws are just as real as the "physical" laws. The scientific method could possibly one day be applied to them, but hasn't yet.

In the context of common sense: it's magic.

I do hope they keep the tradition of him outwitting his enemies. The more out-there Marvel movies like Thor or GOTG usually just pummel the main bad guy into submission.

Using the time travel is a serious violation of time and space apparently with serious repercussions. There are consequences to weilding such a power as seen with the ancient one prolonging her life (dormammus plot is a result of that)

Cloak of Levitation is da real MVP

GOTG didn't pummel shit. He had a dance off then channeled the power of an infinity stone into 5 people to get rid of one dude.

Gave me comfy magic carpet from Aladdin feels.

I saw Mordo in the Sanctum first and thought "oh cool, they're going to have Mordo use Kaecilius as a pawn while he tries to kill the Ancient One from inside the order, kind of like in the comics". Nah tho, Mordo is some magical purist or some shit.

>that part when Strange begged to be cucked
idk about you guys but I just left the theaters after that.

Wow such original memeing. Your parents must be proud.

Can he still fap with his shaky hands? Does it feel better?

Or magic fapping?

Imagine having a magical gloryhole, that you could position anywhere in the world.

It's probably hard for him to grip stuff but eventually he'd gain more and more control I guess.

So it's pretty much confirmed that the consequence of using the time travel infinity stone is going to be thanos realizing an infinity stone is on earth and invading with an army again right?

>strange's dick is always somewhere else in the universe, attached to a sling ring

Does Sorcerer Supreme have a bigger magical weaponry? In this movie the masters and Ancient One don't look like they have anything beyond simple magical sword or whip to use in close combat. So yeah I guess for Strange, brain is his biggest weapon.

I always assumed Thanos just knew about all the stone locations from the get go.

He's getting rid of people who feed off the other universes and shit like tilda was to stay alive and that oingoboingo was doing to fix his back and hands. His view is the same, he's just taking action. Fucking with that shit nearly destroyed the world, so he's getting rid of anything that is threatening the planet, you know, like what he was doing before. Nothings changed really. Except now he's added a new enemy to his list

Do you know who the fuck you're talking about? It's Motherfucking Doctor Strange!

he's literally a newbie who just learned a few basic spells, i'd be more suprised if he suddenly whipped out advanced spells

point is, he's not the Sorcerer Supreme yet, he hasn't earned the Eye of Agamotto yet, etc

Yeah, but either he or the bald lady explained that all magic is just taking energy from other universes. It's only the dark dimension and time magic that he has a problem with.

I wonder if Mordo will actually team up with Dormammu. Gonna need a very drastic perspective shift to change him.

Sorcerer supreme is a title that gets you some magic swag (cloak, eye of agamoto) and you get it because you're the shit. Yes, it's your brain, how much you know about what is available.

A lot of the time, Guardian makes don't use as much magic because they don't want to tap certain sources due to consequences. Strange once fucked up the Hulk channeling some bad shit. But he used magics so dark and tainted himself so much that he lost the title.

In the movie he is nowhere near that level.

Is that a real thing anyone even gives a shit about, faggot?

He has a problem with everything, such as strange messing with time

That sounds like my oblivion characters after modding.

Whoa that's cool. But do you think MCU's Strange will reach comic's Strange's power level? I mean, Iron Man defeats Hulk by sucker punching him..

>I can't pay attention to the plot of a simple capeshit movie
Millenials were a mistake.

It's escapism, it isn't healthy

He learned how to properly use the Eye of Agamotto by reading the book once, as an entry level sorcerer. Give him a little more time to learn and experiment and he'll get there

I don't think any of the heroes are going to reach their comic power levels, except maybe the mid tier ones like spiderman and captain america. They're already struggling to keep hawkeye and black widow relevant, they can't afford to have The Flash levels of bullshit in their movies.

Its not a cult but a Christian religion. The Bible says not to deal with magic or sorcery.
That sucks since I've seen all the Marvel movies and was looking forward to seeing Cumberbatch.

The bible itself depicts magic and sorcery. Are you forbidden from reading the story of Moses for instance, which explicitly portrays Egyptian Sorcerers?

Why didn't Hotel California just fly him to Mordor?

No thats educational information. We aren't rooting for the magicians and magic practicing priest to win or beat the badguys. I had enough problems when I read Harry Potter in high school I don't need any more

Well, this is educational. Ultimately the evil villain is only brought to earth through magic. It is only by sacrificing every other principle that magicians can stop this great evil.

The film details rather convincingly the seductive nature of magic, and is best interpreted as a warning against entreating the dark arts, even if you use them to battle other dark powers.

Had Cumberbatch's character turned to Christ, the viewer is left to assume, the film's antagonist would have been swiftly dealt with.

fucking magic always shitting everything up.
please stop practicing it guys.

Why wasn't this movie called Bayonetta?

Nice bait. Here is your (you).

>garbo

'cool'

i dont get it

do you even know how much time he would have to rewind to fix his hands?
univere'd probably not stand for such selfish use of the time gem

Baynetta is a mediocre action game the rips off the video game Devil May Cry and the entire of Doctor Strange comics and a shit load of the lore.

he didnt kill anyone wtf

I'm confused where people are getting this, he has yet to kill anyone, its a way to keep him around as a anti-hero they can switch between second fiddle to Cumberbland or advisory.

What was the point of Rachel McAdams character?

give the character a humbling moment, wtf get on our level.

Next your going to ask why he didn't heal his hands, its called being humble.

that was so retarded. the black dude wasnt evil the whole movie. suddenly in the cut scenes he turns all "MUH TOO MANY MAGES" for no reason.

terrible.

did they ever call him by name in the movie?

>Baynetta is a mediocre action game the rips off the video game Devil May Cry

i knew this much, but i didn't play enough of it to learn much about the lore. it really rips off doctor strange? that's pretty cool i guess

the game was enjoyable enough but bayonetta always made me want to jerk off so after i was done my desire to play usually vanished

That's wrong though.
Magic in Marvel comics is just that. Magic. Stephen Strange's powers aren't comparable to mutants for example. They don't obey the laws of physics. Magic has its own rules.

I missed the extra scenes, anywhere I can watch them online?

are you actually retarded lol

~ Swinton probably did, but I missed it.

The plot alone kinds ripped off of at least three Doctor strange adventures and one Hellblazer story with a sexy witch in stead of a world wise sorcerer or a alcoholic con man.

Twice, and Strange at least once maybe twice, and Wong once.

That's like saying the laws of gravity don't obey the laws of electromagnetism.

>endures painful death over and over again
That's why Dormammu couldn't win this shit actually. Strange himself only feels like he went through this once. Only Dormammu remembers the hundreds of thousands of times this scene repeated so he has to give up eventually.

No it's not. Magic ignores the laws of physics and it's not a case of "We just think it's magic because our knowledge of the universe isn't quite advanced enough."
In the comics, that is.

Well......they don't though. Magnetism and gravity are different and in a zero gravity area magnetism will be able to affect things differently.

>Strange himself only feels like he went through this once.

No you fucker, he did feel. He kept his consciousness/memory intact after every loop.

What makes his act selfless is the precisely the fact he accepted the pain of being killed countless times.

that's the point, sort of. Our fundamental understanding of the universe right now has them as separate forces, but it is widely postulated that a Grand Unified Theory would reveal them as part of the same system.

>in the comics
You need to go back
t. Reddit
t. Wikipedia
t. Comicvine

First of all there's no need to be rude. And no. He just set some kind of hex that rewinds time everytime he gets killed, but he doesn't remember it, which is why every loop started EXACTLY the same with the same intonation and shit in his voice.

Not an argument.

> He just set some kind of hex that rewinds time everytime he gets killed, but he doesn't remember it, which is why every loop started EXACTLY the same with the same intonation and shit in his voice.

You're really wrong. He clearly remembers and is not acting like its his first time. He does NOT say the line the same every time, it changes over time and he manages to monologue with different lives.

HE DOES REMEMBER.

you shouldn't change time and introduce paradoxes unless it's the end of the world

He doesn't remember but it's a situation where he just reacts a little differently every time the loop resets. It's not like you have the exact same routine when you wake up in the morning; sometimes you yawn or stretch and other times you may get up right away.