Why do people hate Scanners? I think it's great

Why do people hate Scanners? I think it's great.

Scanners is the only cronenberg film i haven't watched, is it worth it?

Yea.

Though I wonder can Scanners be consider a 'superhero movie'?

It's p good, more of a flick or movie compared to his kino like the brood or videodrome t b h

Jack Nickelson is great in this

He ain't in it bro.

>Though I wonder can Scanners be consider a 'superhero movie'?

no more so than the fly is

I liked Scanners

It's better than that Carl Jung garbage film that he made.

>It's better than that Carl Jung garbage film that he made.

Is haven't watch that yet. Is that worst then M butterfly? I mean I did kind of like that movie but it was honestly the worst film of him I seen so far.

i think it's one of his weakest movies only notable for a few key scenes. the main actor is a block of wood too. people only remember the parts with Michael Ironside wrecking shit

I liked it. Really great sci fi movie and the ending scene is GOAT

I watched it for the first time recently and thought it started off very strong, really cool shit. Then it completely falls apart partly because Cronenberg seems to have this artistic motivation for making action scenes fucking garbage

Who the fuck hates Scanners
It has that head 'splosion scene people were spamming in gifs.

Yes it's incredibly confused and all over the place. Only Cronenberg film that's close to unwatchable.

Eastern Promises doe

Also is spider any good? It's one of the few I haven't seen and it looks pretty neat

Not his greatest film, but definitely worth your time.

Never watched any from Cronenberg for misc. reasons.
Should I start with Scanners or go right to Videodrone.

Watch The Fly

Start with The Fly. It's his best body horror film and it's one of the most accessible films of his career. After that watch Scanners, Videodrome and The Brood.

This and also Shivers, Dead Ringers, Crash, and try watching to M Butterfly just for fun.

The Dead Zone is probably the most accessible, but yeah The Fly is much better.

Thank you, turns out I already watched The Fly many many years ago but I don't remember much, just "liking" it. Guess it's time for a re-watch.

I have never met someone who said they disliked it. It's a little sloppy but overall it's a great time: a true cult classic.

eXistenZ is by far his worst