Why did Moneyball think he could compete with the yankees 200 million pay roll...

Why did Moneyball think he could compete with the yankees 200 million pay roll? moneyball couldn't seriously believe he could number his way to championship right?

anything's possible with Jonah ''the'' Hill

It's called the World Series in baseball

something something in the aggregate

it worked during the regular season, because the regular season is a grind, and getting more hitters on base on average means you score more runs on average, and that means you win more games on average

but the playoffs aren't "on average." you win NOW or you go home.

>World Series
really? what countries compete in it?

because everything is math

statistics is math

everything is statistically statistics

you ignorant twat

canada and the US. the only countries that matter

It used to be called the World's Series.
It was supposed to be a publicity stunt like, baseball is such an amazing sport, this is for the entire world to enjoy.

This movie was so forgettable that I downloaded it recently and as I was watching it I realised that I had already seen it.

that movie is total bullshit, and conveniently ignores how the O's had one of the greatest starting pitching staffs of all time that year.

Its actually named after the new york world newspaper. I hate when dumbass euro fags get triggered by the name

Worlds Eries, actually.

Also, fuck the A's, Cubs, Pirates, Royals, Red Sox, Mets, Yankees, Phillies, Reds, Dodgers, Mets, Cards and Mariners.

Nope

his name wasn't moneyball

>its that faggot who thinks "world" only has one meaning

This actually happened right?

Then why is the movie called Moneyball? Dumbass.

They had 3 of the best pitchers but it's never brought up in the movie and they get zero screentime.

because the balls they use are expensive

Sorta like how people are saying ot go for it on 4th down as opposed to kicking it away

yeah except if they do well ON AVERAGE they'll also do well NOW so

but, in general, there is so much variance involved in baseball it's a complete joke

he truly became Moneyball™, beating the odds

nobody cares because baseball is boring and gay