Is there anyone who wish to learn some polish?

Does anyone here wanna learn some polish?

I'll have many of spare time till the end of June, and maybe even later so I can do some basic polish lessons on Sup Forums, while reading it
Why anyone would like to learn polish? Well, I guess that there's no logical reason, just like with any language other than english
But well, diffrent people, diffrent fetishes they say
And the big plus is that it'll appear on Sup Forums; I wish there could be more such courses for other languages, cause it's the most convenient way to learn language for me
It's also only few minutes per day, and it's on Sup Forums
And you can practice easily with me or other Pollacks here, or in /polska/

So, if anyone wants to learn it, please tell me if I'd better post lessons in 6, 12, 18, or 24 of UTC?
Pic kinda unrelated

Ja sie chetnie naucze pierdolcu slyszalem ze unia ma wam nalozyc teraz jakies kary za odmowe przyjecia uchodzcow
Co oni tam beda kurwa robic, handlowac skarpetami na targu czy dostawwc wpierdol od Lysego w bramie?

How complicated is Polish grammar?

I'm in

To be honest, it's a pretty interesting language, but it seems like it would be better off with its own alphabet or something

Stawiam na to że byłoby jeszcze bardziej kolorowo na giełdzie
A nasz (nie)szczęśliwie panujący nam rząd oznajmił że woli płacić kary niż przyjąć 2000 uchodźców, bardzo sprytne, tak nam się przelewa żeby płacić Unii za kaprysy PiSu

Grammar is quite easy, but conjugation and declination is mind-blowing
But I'll start with very, very easy sentences, so don't be afraid

:)

me desu

kurwa mac

popopopoppopopo

I see you're actually fluent in polish

english in a nutshell

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

I want to have sex with mari-chan.

Well we had one a long, long, long time ago

Sure, I'll give it a try.

I didn't except such entusiasm about learning polish, I'm in big shock
But well, you convinced me, I'll do it
I'll upload first lesson tomorrow, or today at night, but still I'm not sure when to post it
I'll probably do it at 7am of eastern-european time and afternoon if first thread will expire

I've been using babbel for some months but kinda dropped it when I had less free time

love the idea, sounds like a good way to start learning it again

Is duolingo any good for it?

It seems alright for germanic languages but cyrillic is a shitshow.

are you just pretending be retarded

Polish isn't written in cyrillic...
And I personally don't like duolingo, but that's just my opinion

Maybe

I know it isn't. Should've worded that differently I knew people would misinterpet it.

Kurwa

Well, I didn't try to learn polish with Duolingo, so I don't know
I personally learn languages mainly with flashcards (especially Anki), by studying grammar books, wordbooks, and by just talking with natives by internet

What is the most difficult part in learning polish?

"Odmiana", which means verb conjugation and noun declination, english lacks them
It means that e.g. verb "pływać" ("to swim") can have diffrent forms, like:
"Pływam" ("I swim/am swimming")
"Pływasz" ("You swim/are swimming")
"Pływałem" ("I was swimming")

And so on, the same with nouns:
ball - piłka
To jest piłka - this is a ball
Widzę piłkę - I see a ball
Nie mam piłki - I don't have a ball

It's especially hard for anglos, but I guess that you all can learn it
And good news - polish doesn't have any definitive articles like "the", "a", or "an" which is the most fucked up thing in english and german

how to pronounce ę

periodical urge to quit it because it's obviously useless

It's just like "e" but pronounced using both your mouth and nose, I'll later do some vocaroo and post under 1st lesson

Well, this too, sometimes I'm asking myself why I'm still using it instead of english, but then I remember that most of Poles don't speak english

I'd love to learn some polish.

How does this work exactly? Will you be having regular threads about learning polish, or move on to something like Skype or discord for accelerated learning?

I'll make everyday new lesson and post it in Sup Forums as a new thread two times per day, once when Europe is waking, and one in the afternoon
So everyday new lesson, but the same lesson will be posted twice, to ensure that everyone interested will see it; I'll also make archive on pastebin

Neat! So I just have to check catalogue for the word Polish.
Will your lessons be aimed at English speakers, or you plan to be as flexible as possible to accomadate other languages?

Latin has a lot of that, so I think I'll be okay.

As for the articles, English isn't so bad (a, an, the). German fucking blows (ein, eine, einen, einer, einem, eines, die, der, das, des, dem, den, etc.)

Nasalized e. Think French/Portuguese.

That sounds great!

It'll be made all in english, so it'll be of course aimed at english speaking persons, but when I see connection between polish word and some other indoeuropean, I'll be pointing this
E.g. polish "jest" (read as "yest"), and german "ist", and latin... I forgot exactly how it's spelled

STOP LEARNING LANGUAGES
THIS BOARD IS STRICTLY FOR SHITPOSTING

me in the middle

No I don't want to go to your Polish-language mass.

Oh, and I have to find a name for these series
I guess Shitposting in Polish Course doesn't sound bad?

sure i'd be in for that

What about "PolskaSzitpost"?

>explaining sounds using plain vague words instead of the IPA
you are mild said retarded op, sage

start learning a language

So... you went to the thread you're not interested in just to point that you're not intersted, alright?

6 UTC is good (though if I could choose any time, I'd pick 4 UTC since that's when I wake up).Needless to say, I want to learn Polish.

7 cases
Noun gender
Fucked up numerals
Lots sibilant fricatives, i.e. s, ś, si, sz, z, ź, ż, dż, dz, c, ć
Random grammatical bullshit such as double negative - "Nikt nigdy nikomu niczego nie zakazywał." - literally "Nobody never didn't forbid nobody (from) nothing."
Overall it's a fucking mess, so basically On the plus side:
It's almost completely phonetic, so once you know the alphabet you can, unlike in English, read every single word out there correctly, even if you never saw it before.
Polish has no articles.
Thanks to cases the word order is very loose. For example,
"Ala has a cat." in Polish can be said as any of these:
"Ala ma kota." "Ala kota ma." "Kota ma Ala." "Kota Ala ma." "Ma Ala kota." "Ma kota Ala."
Some of these sound a bit awkward but aren't incorrect and are fully understandable.

>not /kurwa/ course

Yes you should

btw it would be nice also some vocaroos to help in pronunciation :3

I was thinking about that, but I don't have mike for now, and can't use my tablet for recordings, cause vocaroo uses flash :/

Great idea OP seeing this is really refreshing on this god forsaken """cultural""" board

will speaking polski give me qt polish gf?

It will, for sure :3
(Okay, I speak polish and still don't have qt polish girlfriend, so I guess it only works if you're black or super blond aryan)

And series will be named just "Lessons in Polish" (just like Samael's "Lessons in Magic", but in polich, not in magic)

Then record yourself using tablet and upload it with your PC you lazy Polack.

Learning English requires you to learn how to pronounce every other language (except Chinese), so I can see where you're coming from.
We'd probably be better off using the international phonetic alphabet.

In the worst case scenario you can always just Google the word and pronunciation.

To brzmi jak pomysł, jutro popołudniu spróbuję

I'd like to learn Polish, and it wouldn't be that hard considering the fact I already speak Russian and Ukrainian, but if it's on Sup Forums.. like, I visit it once a week, not sure I'll go here everyday just to learn sum polszczyna

what I do is record myself on phone and upload to vocaroo. you can still upload there on a phone/tablet.