Best LoL alternative?

Best LoL alternative?

pic related?

I'm after a good moba PC game. What do u guys reckon for a casual player?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1X2nyCqCOQU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Heroes of the Storm is great, but everyone will hate on it because that's the meme or whatever. It's different. Just go into it with an open mind and its great fun.

is it anything like LoL?
like 3 lanes, towers and shit?

It's quite different from LoL. There are 13 different maps, games are very objective and teamwork focused. Games are shorter and crazy comebacks are common.

Dota 2 Obviously.

top down mobas are shit. Play smite, you're welcome.

Smite is also shit
Don't play MOBAs, it;s a shitty format

Only faggot cucks play MOBAs

Smite is terribly unbalanced

smite looks decent
might give it a go

HoTS is outstanding. If you are in love with last hitting, setting up wards, regressive punishing deaths, no action untill level 6, no action in the first 10 minutes of the game, then the best alternative is dota. If you want a game that flips the moba genre on its head and gives one of the funnest experiences on PC, then go HoTS. I say all this as a DotA player who played DotA since it was an icefrog UMS on Warcraft 3. Blizzard isn't afraid to tread new ground, they have the confidence and it paid off with HoTS. Play it or kill yourself.

I like smite but what made me uninstall was that it was clearly unbalanced. There's heroes and abilities (Loki) that literally have no viable counter. And you'd see the same shit every game because of it. The game shouldn't revolve around trying to counter an OP stealthy.

this

That looks downright autistic.

I played smite when it came out, it was certainly different. Just looked at it on steam again today and I am confused as to what this game turned into. I thought it was about cool ancient gods fighting each other...

it´s fun though

Step outside and experience real life? Scratch that, it fucking sucks dick out there. What kind of good games are out these days?

The furries took it over. Just like Vainglory. They don't even bother making heroes that aren't at least a little bit anthropomorphized.

opyou still here?
i will give you some advice ,
smite if you are looking to meme it and play just for fun , hots is also good but quite different than league
if you want something very similar to league i suggest you play dota 2 , it has the same 3 lanes , towers nexus etc , but the actual game is very different and it will take along time to learn

Heroes of Newerth was fun as fuck, it predates dota 2 actually.

was actually looking to get into hon but im afraid there's way too little playing right now

Demigod was hands down best moba. Give it a download and single player thrashing, worth.

After that was hon 08-11 era

After that bored Aussie dota
07-09

Leagues for fucking retards, show no restraint to its userbase or developers and owners/financiers.

Except the beautiful natural forests. I'm a big nature enthusiast but at the moment I'm dealing with a troubled state of incarceration by humans thinking they have the authority to rob me of my freedom. It's been leaving with a deep feeling of anger and hate towards most of humanity.

yea watching some smite videos now
hots looks a bit underpolished
smite looks fun

if you want a game where no one gives a fuck and you wont get banned try dota
this here is a pro player threating other players in pubs he still plays for the pro teams

yeah smite if you just want to play like a game a week and meme it
hots is really different than lol
dota is super fucking elitist but no one gives a fuck you can call people niggers or threaten them , ruin eveyr single game and not get banned
here's a pro team playing with the name "niggers holocaust dota 2 " they literally got off scot free after this

forgot image here

here a professional caster in a pub , he still casts almost every single world championship and lots of events

HotS is a blizzard game so you know its going to be polished.

>blizzard
>anything polished ever
lmoa

kek

reminds me of the warmane/wow community

>I'm just typing again because ur fucking awful

Dota 2. Learning curve is steep, you'll put like 100-200 hours to learn the basics, but it's fun and worth it. Balancing is decent, unlike League's balancing, where they nerf same few popular heroes to oblivion and then buff others until they are overpowered, in Dota 2 heroes are almost always well balanced and made sure to work properly without shit that you have to deal with in League. Playerbase is cancer, just like in all MOBAs, but it's not that bad, since you can mute others. Also, skins are optional, you can buy them with real money or just get them by random drops by playing

remember this is a pro player and plays regularly in majors and minors , the actual pub scene is ever better

Maybe it's different now, but I played HOTS for about a month and thought it was pretty terrible. Every game is "get a level advantage, group as five, smash through the game."

Because the ENTIRE TEAM levels up at the same time, you can go from an even game to a 5 level disadvantage in a second.

There wasn't much counter play, come back potential, individual effort being rewarded. Every match was "5 man deathball gooooooo."

Since Activision shoved their dicks into blizzard sure
Their old games were great

i cant disagree with you on this one.

I enjoyed that about hots. Really good if u got5

how much do talents effect the game?
are there actually really op/relevant or just small changes likes +10dmg at level 5 or something

i felt there was a lot of comeback potential. Felt like it was too much comeback potential tbh...

I had games where we lost more than half of the teamfights, and in the late game, all it takes is one fight to decide the outcome of the game and everything before that was useless.

heroes is utter shit, no itemization to tweak team comp more towards or away from meta, no itemization to soften the blow of op s tier champs, no getting fed, nothing matters till last 5 mins

someone saying they like heroes instantly proves they dont know shit about mobas

Talents are very relevant as in if your team is up a talent, you are much more likely to win a team fight so you should try and work together and force one. If you are down a talent, play defensive and soak experience. Catching someone out of position can always turn the tide in your favor.

You can use them to help counter-pick certain enemy team comps. Like picking stun resist instead of a damage buff

HOTS wins. Balanced. easier to learn but still high skillcap. polished.

>no itemization to tweak team comp more towards or away from meta
Heroes play differently depending on what talent path you take. Most heroes usually have a meta talent path that you can always veer away from though.
>no itemization to soften the blow of op s tier champs
There are very few s tier heroes, and they usually get banned. Also, every hero (even S tier) is counter-able.
>no getting fed
I never found that concept to be fun, where the whole point is just to get one guy on your team to become OP
>nothing matters till last 5 mins
Games last on average 20 minutes, with it becoming more volatile the later it goes.

how is the community/moderation?
will i get flamed constantly as a new player or is the moderation strict , are there bans?
also is it difficult to learn , do i need to spend a 100 hours on one hero just to be able to play him semi-decently
is it playable for casuals

Stick to quick play where no one talks
There are really simple yet powerful heroes to start with

I quit LoL years ago because of the toxic community and after playing HotS for 3 years, I can confidently say that the community is MUCH less toxic. HotS is also very beginner friendly in that there arent a thousand items to learn, certain heroes are very simple, and games are pretty easy to follow.

If you have other moba XP, you are good after 1 game. Otherwise study some vods. Hots has the nicest community in the (sub) genre.

The tech trees really unique in what spec u go completely changes your character.

You gain levels on your account when you have played said amount of games with a hero. You match with people that have the same accountlevel as you so it's really easy start as a new player.
You might get flamed but it's faaaaaaar from what the other communities offer flame-wise,
Learning a hero isn't that hard. You have a fair amount of mana from the start and can use all spells from lvl 1 ingame so you can get the hang of the character pretty fast. If you want to excel, check out some guides about what builds the more experienced players use or find something that fits your playstyle. I'd say it's very casual friendly and if you're already familiar with mobas you will have no trouble at all learning the basics.

what about qts what qts does hots have to offer
damn i want to play it now

youtube.com/watch?v=1X2nyCqCOQU

IMO, the best thing about HotS is that this beautiful man plays it. It's also a pretty good game I guess. No last hitting is the biggest thing for me. That is the most lame and boring game mechanic I've ever experienced. No kill stealing bullshit either. It doesn't matter who gets the last hit on the enemy, as long as they die. Because it's a team effort.

how much can a single player ruin the game by not being a "team player"
no last hits and ks thats the first ive heard of this
do you get banned for ruining?

If he overextends and feeds the enemies kills it can snowball
Its pretty easy to pick up one of your teammates slack though, I've brought back games 5 levels under

if you mean queue time, it's usually not more than a minute or 2

qts qt13.14
waifus

Dawn of war 3 is the best moba.

top qt for sure

Like if you're just playing shit and not dying intentionally, you're not going to get banned. Otherwise it could depend on your hero and team comp. Some teams might be better off not all going for the objective. You might need to soak more exp. Team needs to work around where everybody is and what they can do. No point going 4v5 into an objective you're not going to get because one team member isn't there.

>760192853▶
> (You)
ah main qt is always Jaina Proudmoore

dragon milf is best

Nothing LoL and all the other Mobas are shit