So... i don't get it. Why does the spice equal the worm?

So... i don't get it. Why does the spice equal the worm?

Is it because wormholes?

*rapes you*

[subtitles:on]

The worms produce the spice via their life cycle. without worms, you don't get spice.

That's a very nice looking man.

Worms poop out spice.

No worms, no spice. Half the galaxy dies.

That's fucking retarded, you honestly believe that?

I think stories of Dune explains it best.
the Spice starts as Fungus Like Plant underneath the desert sands. It will spend years or hundreds of years even, accumulating water. Eventually it will be saturated.

Metabolism starts, Gas is being produced ,and Sandforellas (proto worms) are created as "seeds";

eventually there is sufficient Gas, and explosion will erupt i the desert, spewig spice mass and sand forellas into the desert.

the Forellas will eat each other and eventually grow to be tall worms. the Spice Mass is kind of their food.

Eventually, a Large worm will form. this worm will pollinate the desert with his fungus like eggs.

And this is the cycle of the worm.

Spice is made of rotting worm bodies.

user...it's a work of fiction. It's not a matter of belief.

>Navigators of Dune is out
shit!

I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be literal. I think it's wormholes.

you don't really read that drivel, do you?
Essentially, it all went to shit after the first book, with the second being barely okay and the third utter shit.

I tried to read the brian herbert prequel stuff, but it was just as much shit. None of the genius of the first book, the intelligent politics or anything.

Essentially, Dune was Asimov tier of political cleverness,

all the other books are ( for Franks writings ) just metaphysical babble,
or ( in Herberts case ) grandiose superlatives without meanig or substance.

Hey man you're kinda going against the word of god here, one cannot do that.

I don't understand what you're saying :(

>The spice originated on the planet Arrakis, where it was produced deep beneath the sands. It was created in a process whereby the fungal excretions of sandtrout would mix with water to form a pre-spice mass. This mass would then be brought to the surface of the desert through an explosion of pressure, and under the intense heat and air of Arrakis, melange would form. When the worms died, sandtrout would be released into the sand, and the cycle of creation would repeat.

Spice is basically dried out baby worm shit.

Are you saying you didn't like Erasmus?

Seems like it would be easy to synthesize tbqh. Or at least to farm it.

Literally Jenkem

Well, they do farm it. That's the whole point of the Emperor giving different Great Houses control of Arrakis.

Also they do figure out how to synthesize it in later books.

I didn't like any of that.

>create one of the best works of science fiction ever, with heavy parallels to governments, religious fanaticism, trade wars by proxy and the fuckery that is the mideast
>fucking die
>son inherits rights
>him and some mongoloid turn your good shit into generic space opera with rapesuccubi shapeshifting worm children and gundams casting invisible ropes through the universe

these new post-butlerian jihad are enjoyable
the butlerian jihad series was a complete trainwreck
the prequel stuff is okay I guess, would work as a tv series of sort
the unfinished 'heroes of dune' stuff was pretty bad
dune 7/8 were just embarassing

i just continue reading this stuff because i already read through 20 books

>Or at least to farm it.
Pretty sure God Emperor farmed them to control it. And Tleilax or whoever the fuck learned to synthesize a substitute.

That's harvesting.

It's guano

I thought the Butlerian Jihad series was alright. What didn't you like about them?

Agree with you on Hunters and Sandworms being garbage.

>What didn't you like about them?
I didn't like the way the handled the scale of things. Billions and billions of people died and they all were like 'meh, who cares, lets focus on muh baby serena'.
I also didn't like the original cause of Atreides x Harko hatred. I thought it was pretty weak cause.

I started the second book a couple months ago but dropped it about half way through. Thinking back on it i can barley remember what it's even about. Shame because the first is fucking amazing

Erasmus is my favourite character in the dune series. Not because he is "evil" but because he explores in many different ways and knows a great deal, it may appear in a sense that he is wise. But in the sense of human life value, Erasmus never get's the idea, which in painfully clear words, Erasmus, although unpredictable, but he does not know it, until determined to find out, costs him a very heavy price, one that may just cost him his very existence!

As explained in the book he was a simple low rank AI scout scouring the bluffs and lands of corrin, there somewhere in the records, claims in the north, the robot fell to a crevice for some miscaclulation or just sheer fortuen, and the omnius never took notice for nearly 30 years until the evermind had obtained data from another robot that a functioning robot was stranded. This however, might have sealed Omnius' destruction. Because he acted to late, the robot now claiming to be Erasmus had devoloped thought and grew a mind. Omnius was intrigued and hired Erasmus as the head robot and although the evermind did not understand Erasmus' motivations with humans the computer handed he configured that this was the begining a new era of robots, neither of the two robot's knew that in a 700 years that one would destroy the other and become "human", yet machine.

What episode of Twin Peaks was this?

well, this i kinda liked.
It was honour and sacrifice for the greater good that essentially led to the Harkonnen -vs- Atreides feud beginnig with the end of the Jihad, and it was tragic.

that's probably the only thing I enjoyed about any of the prequel stuff.

>I thought it was pretty weak cause.
Might be intentional.

Hey I still got my Bionicle figures in my attic somewhere, thanks for reminding me

In the last century of the machine's reign, during the spark of the jihad, Erasmus had adopted Serana, who learned that all human's had a purpose from her bloody experience with a veteran on Geidi Prime. She was the one that gave birth to the human-machine bomb that coincided inside erasmus after the piano display and many other things. But still serena did not have the appropriate match to ignite the bomb and instead upon giving birth and disobeying erasmus' commands, the somewhat annoyed yet curious robot killed manion butler, for 3 reasons. 1.) One of his subcircuits told him he was upredictable, to test this he used serena's baby as the disition. Knowing that he listened to the ciruit, the robot wrote it off, yet this was the match but it was not properly lit. 2.) The baby had completely erradicated all attention and pride in the lessons serena gave to her student erasmus. Like a child in a classroom who gets angry at modified work, he had an outburst. 3.) The most irrelevent, Serena had to be punished, the baby would make her learn her lesson.

Yet it was Gilbertus Albans who had the match and lit the fuse. And this made Erasmus attempt to kill Omnius in the end, which he might have successeded. Omnius had already let loose the virus and humanity was in danger. But with the machines gone and Erasmus was the bomb that exploded from within, far more bigger problems arose, that led to the lagacy of Maun'Dib. Erasmus is probably the one who liberated humanity, yet there were probably already league forces over the planet it was considered a jihadi victory before house harkennon and corrino had plans to overthrow this destiny army.

Erasmus had a lot major setbacks that barrecaded his comprehensiveness with humans, these are the following:

Human Discarding: Humans, aside from Gilbertus, were unable to form a bond with erasmus, because, he was more in tone with negative feelings of humans, then positive which would have proved benificial, but Omnius' opression would not consider. Erasmus' circiut believed this, but an auxillery circiut was not very benificial to the murderor which was the main berricade till Gilbertus came.
Omnius oppression: Omnius considered humans an "Error" so any human living in happyness was to omnius undeserving, didn't matter what the situation was, that was how Xerxes had made the evermind. This why Erasmus does make any progress, because a human that can open himself/herself a doorway to the minds to the machine, the robot could in turn become "human" yet machine. It is easier to understand a creature if it can "bond" with you. Mostly, even Omnius knows this, the evermind itself had made erasmus not make any results on the humans, knowing in a scense that the murderor had become a human himself.

spice is refined from sandworm dung but the worms don't drink water (it's poisonous to them) and nobody knows what they eat sooo... it might be described as some kind of combination of ambergrise and mana

>a primitive AI scout develops intelligence just because it's left to its own devices for 30 years
wow

>its autists discussion about and old ass movie/books episode this shit is wack nigga fucking old ass shitty books harry potter is way better

>a primitive simian develops consciousness as a result of being bombarded with stimulus for a few years

wow

That's not what actually happened, though.