Tfw no new Stars of the Lid album for 10 years now

>tfw no new Stars of the Lid album for 10 years now
someone please tell me it's not over...

They toured last year and played some new material at certain shows. Don't lose hope, user.

overrated

There is nothing more for them to put out, ambient is a dead genre

>ambient is a dead genre

Name a single good album that came out in the last 3 years.

Narkopop is fucking great

every tim hecker album unironically

lol

>generic wall of sound that every amateur "ambient musician" puts out on sound cloud
>good
this is correct but he only put out 1 album and that is the only interesting thing that happened to that dead genre in the last 3 years.

>Name a single good album that came out in the last 3 years.

Best album of 2016

Sorry, forgot the image

fuck no

not ambient

>too lazy to go to rym and look up the ambient album which have come out this year so far

There are fucking tons of great recent ambient albums but im not going to do your work for you.

they live in different parts of the world now, they said they made a lot of their music apart but really, why should they follow it up? why take the risk of finishing off their discog with something less than refinements of the decline

Most of them are slight variation of something that has been done before.

Literally thousands of nerds on bandcamp who do stars of the lid-core.

Truth bomb: SOTL are only legendary because they were one of the first and most influential, their music isn't actually that good

posting ambient albums for the retard who thinks he knows everything.

I disagree, i think their music is unique and the compositions are totally subtle but really worthy of praise . Also, no, they weren't one of the first

*recent ambient albums