How often do you wash your motherboard?

How often do you wash your motherboard?

once a year. end march is the time again. bitch of a work but keeps the comp running nice and smoothly

After reinstalling Windows usually, gets rid of dust easily

I should do it more often but it's just a pain to disconnect all the parts and remove it. Last time I washed it properly was about a year ago.

I think you should probably wash it every other month but they need to make it a lot easier to remove.

Every spring I delete my system 32 folder and give my board a good scrub keeps it working great all year round.

yo i just unplug and wash it in the sink and let it dry?

use water cooling system, its prevent dust, just submerge your pc in a fish tank while with water.

>washing motherboard with water
>water

You fucking plebs know you're supposed to be using a non-abrasive alchohol based cleaner bath right? And a lint free antistatic brush.

Newfags.

obvious samefag out the wooha

nobodies falling for this crap. post crystal instructions faggot

you ruined it.

You clearly know nothing about electronics now stfu

>obvious samefag

actually no i just use dish soap and hose water and hose that bitch in the backyard. as long as it dries properly youre fine. and if you wanna really be safe you can used deionized water but it doesnt even matter

you don't have eleven computers in the same room with spoofed mac ids and separate routers?

newfag

I wash my laptop board once every 3 months. It gets dustier than a regular PC. I spray with window cleaner and let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse under the tap. Scrubbing is for fags.

I don't think that's a good idea

I don't.

Fucking peasant

And how do you get rid of viruses?
Av isn't enough

Every 6 months

every two months or so, I usually get a lot of dust on it. I find that salty water usually gets the stains from cooling paste gone

I don't but if I did I'd just let it dry for a week or two and it'd probably be fine :^)

I recommend a toothbrush for those hard to reach places like in the RAM slots an under the caps

>flammable
My GPU/CPU reaches 90 degrees pretty easily if I'm running heavy processes. I'm guessing it shouldn't be in the presence of flammable residue?
[spoiler]I'm aware it claims to not leave residue, but I'd rather not find out and feel like a dumbass for beleiving something that says on a tin[/spoiler]

How do you make deiniozed water bro

no bullshit, we did at the shop i worked at. Desktop system came in running but kid had dropped mom's soda can on it. sticky city. We used a gallon of deionized water and a toothbrush to clean the board (minus all components) and used like 3 cans of Dust Off on it before letting it dry in a food dehydrator at low temp for 2 hours. still worked great afterwards.

Wait, what I never do this how often should I clean it? I mean I clean my system 32 regularly but never my motherboard. Please respond.

YOU ASSHOLES I JUST TRIED IT!!!

FUCK YOU MY PC WONT START NOW BSODd. I WILL FIND YOU

How did you post this then, user?

This isn't entirely crazy. You just have to make sure the board has dried out TOTALLY and COMPLETELY before you put it back together and power up.

Yeah the CMOS battery ensures all the electrical components stay warm and dry throughout

czechmate atheists

little bit of salt