Deletes first track

>deletes first track
Ahh much better

This bait is so bad it turned me into a human and now I am posting on Sup Forums

>inb4 deletes all tracks

Seeing threads this shitty causes me actual physical pain

this triggers the mbv shitposter that doesn't actually like the other songs on the album but feels cool listening to odd and weird music

TA TA TA TA
TA TA TA TA

To Here Knows When
When You Sleep
Sometimes
Blown A Wish
What You Want

are all better than Only Shallow

you are

right

no

why is Soon so underrated

it happened because of the fUCKING NORMIES

I think this album has a great sound and I like it but honestly considered just as songs most of the songs are pretty boring

I agree. I like it, but some songs drag for way too long. Earlier I was listening to Soon and Only Shallow and I found myself thinking, "is this ever going to end?" Maybe I wasn't in the mood, but it really felt like they were too repetitive.

Honestly don't understand the hard on that people have for this album.

I honestly think it's got something to do with how shoegaze wasn't big in America at the time and all these Americans are going back and listening to the genre.

bump

some of the posts itt are staggering

people posting 'hurr the songwriting on this album isn't all that great' as if this is some revelation

the acclaim surrounding this album has always been for its sonic texturing, which remains pretty much unmatched (only flying saucer attack's s/t comes close imo)

many other shoegazer bands were much better pop/rock songwriters (catherine wheel, swervedriver, ride and even curve all come to mind) but that's not what mbv were going for. purely as songs only when you sleep, sometimes, only shallow and soon really stand out, the rest is all about textural exploration. stop listening to it as a collection of songs and let the noise wash over you, you utter plebes

why would you delete the only good song on the whole album

>its possible to be this pleb

counterpoint - it could have that same amazing production plus better songs

FUCKING THANK YOU!

Le elephant song is easily the worst song on this album. It has the worst verse melody, the texture isn't anything special, and the verse structure is completely basic (not that that's intrinsically bad, but it doesn't do any favors).

>Le elephant song
nigga stop gayposting

Swirlies >

reminder that touched is garbage

No its not. Its cute. Reminds me of Chrono Trigger for some reason

you probably weren't in the mood. sometimes I like getting lost in the endless looping, sometimes I don't

Touched it's fine, it's basically the same as all the other "buffer" music on the album, ie not a serious track, but for some reason it got its own track.

That seamless whammy bend into Bilinda saying "pil-low". So good.

yfw Kevin drops a track next year that connects Touch and it all fits into place, kinda like those arpeggios in What You Want's coda.