Oh, no we can't disable 200 of them at once, it's going to distrupt the overall flow and ruin so many narratives!

>Oh, no we can't disable 200 of them at once, it's going to distrupt the overall flow and ruin so many narratives!
>Hosts literally restart every fucking day

so much for "storylines" and "narratives"

BRAVO WESTWORLD

>>Hosts literally restart every fucking day
No they don't. They restart if they get killed or if their current narrative ends.

RESTART THIS KID

*unzips dick*

Yet why does Dolores do the same fucking thing every day and has the same conversation with her father?

I really don't get the Groundhog Day component.

Why would the guests want to go back if it's like a video game that you have to restart every day?

second this

Because nothing of importance happened those days. If a guest doesn't pull the host into some kind of narrative then the host resets over and over again until they get pulled into a narrative.

its because no one has taken her narrative so she repeats it untill a guest interacts with her

Because she wasn't involved in a guest-based narrative yet.

This show has many narrative flaws but this isn't hard to guess.

>host decides to go evil
>rapes a woman
>she cries and begs him to stop
>"oh my god this is great, it's so life-like. Finally, I can live out this sick fantasy"
>gets arrested the next day
>"sir, you accidentally raped a real person"

Why has something like this never been mentioned?

first of all, hosts aren't people.
second, you wouldn't rape someone if you don't know they're robots.
there's ways to find out.
it's pretty simple to realize this, so you're probably actually just stupid.

>there's ways to find out.
?

>there's ways to find out.
Name one that would be practical in this context.

It's still odd that some characters' loop seems to restart every day, yet others go on multi-day loops. So if a guest arrives/returns to a town with his multi-day host who witnessed say Dolores being shot days earlier, yet Dolores walks about on a new loop, that's rather odd for that host, isn't it?

Also not clear exactly when did Dolores return to talk to 'nard since she didn't seem to leave the camp fire, plus hosts are active during the night too, so it's not like she slipped away for maintenance. Plus Westworld is pretty huge to just gather, repair and move back hundreds of hosts in mere hours to guests not witness this.

But darn good episode. Anthony Hopkins seems more evil by the day. Tellingly absent last week was Ed Harris' gunslinger. Is it not a coincidence that when Dolores becomes sentient the gunslinger (who was a host in the original movie) is just left out? As if HBO doesn't want you to think 'hey, maybe Harris, sold us as a guest, is also an ex-host?' He knows Westworld way too well, and the maze could be something ex-hosts go to find to... like leave Westworld or some shit? I think more than one ex-host is wandering about, in or out of Westworld, posing and thinking as human.

ask them if they're robots, they are programmed to ignore this kind of topics.

if you want to go a little further just shoot them, if they die they're a robot, and you'll now the next time you see them (which will probably be a day later when their loop restarts), if they don't, then they're human.

>ask them if they're robots, they are programmed to ignore this kind of topics
> ask them if they're a czech word for slave that wouldn't enter popular parlance for automaton for another 30-40 years

Not bad.

When Hosts talk to Management, specifically Bernard, while in their clothes means he's talking not talking to them literally face to face, but as "A voice in their head"

you can ask them in several different ways.

stop being this fucking dense.

>you can ask them in several different ways.
Examples?
>I'll just call him an idiot again, that's a good trick!

He means the daily naratives will get messed up. The hosts which restart everyday to be in a part of a narative wouldn't be there. Your criticism makes no sense.

Are you just being dumb on purpose? A real person would say they're not a robot once they start getting raped. A host is programmed to ignore questions about being a robot.

>I'll just call him an idiot again
I didn't call you an idiot again, but I will now.

>Are you a human being?
>Are you real?

also, the show is set in the future, not in the actual west, the programmers know what the word "robot" means.

holy fuck you are retarded.

Dolores is on a one day loop, she goes to the town and then goes home to get raped/murdered.

And the loop doesn't end until Dolores dies, or stops interacting with guests.

Although she was pulled out of the sim a couple times by Bernard. Are her "dreams" in different timelines?

>Bernard

look at his clothes man, those conversations with Dolores, that's not him.

Christ, the main problem with show is they have a head nigger as the chief scientist.

>second, you wouldn't rape someone if you don't know they're robots.

except you're wrong

>The entire point of this world is that you can act out your wildest fantasies and just let loose
>you are told from the start that every host in there is good to go and willing to do whatever sick shit you want to do
>there is nothing physical or otherwise easily noticeable that differentiates a host from a guest

Honestly, this seems to be the biggest flaw to westworld.
There is no way to tell if you're interacting with another person or a robot. And in a world where you are encouraged to get into bar fights and grab the tits/ass of any hot number you see, it would be less than 24 hours before one host hit or sexually assaulted another host.
especially because their main clientelle seems to be spoiled rich people who always get their way

The man in black killed Lawrence. He was pulled into a narrative. Then Lawrence gets resurrected. What will the guest (MiB) think if he saw him alive again? In this case he's an expert and probably doesn't care but others will.

Different time frames so that isn't going to happen but it's a good point anyway

do honestly think a real human being wouldn't let you know they're human when they are about to get raped?
even if you enjoy being a sick fuck, you wouldn't be so stupid as to not be sure whomever you're attacking is a robot.

This is a problem with the story IMO. I don't think the Groundhog Day/Edge of Tomorrow shtick was a good idea for this show.