How can someone say TNG is the best series when clearly DS 9 is the best?

How can someone say TNG is the best series when clearly DS 9 is the best?
It has the best writing, most comfy setting and the commander has the most complete character evolution throughout all the series. not to mention most other supporting characters.
TNG was about ethics and uptight conversations like on a reading rehearsal, the writing was a copy and paste from a few schemes over and over again, it was only good to put someone to sleep.
TNG is the worst series overall, even Voyager and its sandpaper voiced Janeway was better than that pile of uniformly copied shit.

TNG is about Picard's god complex

TNG is comfiest Trek, I can understand why someone who prefer it. Nowhere near as good as TOS or DS9 though which are both more character-driven

That said
>liking Voyager more than TNG
kill yourself

whos more annoying Sup Forums DATA or ODO?

and I mean that as in the plotwise not the characters themselves.

writing is in general bad in star trek.
tng has the best cast, but ds9 isn't bad, sadly it is just stolen from babylon 5, which has a way better writing.

TNG is earlier childhood memories which makes their brain go fuzzy

>It's a sapient android that can work out warp speed distance calculations instantly takes more than a second to remember the definition of basic words episode

Odo is awesome, Data is only cringeworthy.

>It's a writers forget Data is supposed to have been in Starfleet for 20+ years and have him act like this is the first time he's heard humans talk episode

>tng has the best cast
No it doesn't, aside from a few characters they're pretty bland. DS9 has a far better cast with more interesting personalities

>sadly it is just stolen from babylon 5, which has a way better writing.
Aside from a few major story concepts they're very different shows. It annoys the fuck outta me when I see "it's just B5-lite" criticism. Babylon 5 is preachy, stodgy and the acting is garbage aside from Katsulas and Jurasik. DS9 is considerably better

Then how do you explain Wesley?
Jake and Nog >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>> Wesley

It's lazy writing to have a main cast that doesn't get along. Writers like it because they always have something they can fill time with, but it's the worst type of common soap opera tripe.

Go to bed, Phil.

How about writing about a main cast that work along?
>everything works out, everyone is happy, the end
that would be the worlds shortest series, barely lasting till the first commercial break.

odo isn't annoying you twat

The only possible explanation I could ever think of for this is that the crew of the USS Trieste all disliked data as much as that first officer he was commanding in Redemption 2 and wouldn't talk to him. But, that wouldn't be very enlightened of them.

It's lazy writing to throw together a bunch of completely different people, most of whom don't know each other, and expect them to get along instantly instead of developing their relationship over time.

TNG got along, and lasted for years.
When TOS faced a problem, it was almost always from outside of the regular crew.

Odo is the worst character in all of Star Trek.

He looks like a 100-year-old woman with no teeth mated with a another 100-year-old woman with no teeth.

>it's a Sisko gets marooned on a Delta Quadrant planet with another character episode

Where would each Captain take their respective crews for dinner?

Kirk: Rib House

Picard: Panera Bread

Sisko: James Coney Island

Janeway: McNeelix

Archer: The gas station Burger King

tng is reddits choice
ds9 is neckbeards choice
star wars is the people with taste choice

Picard would probably have them dine at the captain's table on the sailing ship Enterprise on the holodeck, I think.

Same guy as ,

Sisko's father owns a restaurant.

Kirk: Yellowstone Federational Park for some beans and whiskey
Picard: Chateau Picard for some cheese and wine
Sisko: Papa Sisko's Down-Home-Cooked-We-Wuz-Creole Restaurant for some Gumbo
Janeway: Starbucks, (1 pot of coffee and 300 paninis)
Archer: Chuck E. Cheese's for the fanciest food he can imagine

>Wesley

DS9 has the best characterization, cinematography (pay attention to camera angles and movement, much less bland than TNG), and dialogue with some pretty witty moments. However, properly enjoying DS9 requires to to have seen at least one other Trek series, although ideally TOS and TNG because it heavily references concepts established in both.

For a modern audience TNG is the best entrance-trek. From there they can span out into any other Trek. DS9 makes for a good second or third series, and while it is the best you're doing yourself a disfavor if you try to jump straight in.

I don't know why people are acting like Archer had bad taste in food.

they had the same story arks at the same time when it was on tv, this was on purpose, they wanted babylon 5 to fail.
the difference is that ds9 has more filler standard star trek episodes that are total crap.

>So I told Anthwara about the treaty with have with the Cardassians and he just turned to me and said
>ME'UM GREAT CHIEFTAN, ME STAY, ME PEOPLE STAY
>What am I to do, Deanna?

How did they get away with this, anyway?

Odo is a great look into someone's almost childlike introduction to humanoid culture.

He is great in Crossfire.
As someone who went through what he did in that episode, his performance really hit hard.

Besides, without odo, the crew of the defiant would be 200 years dead in the gamma quadrant.

I never saw Enterprise. Are they implying he's a cheapskate? Working with a low budget? Ghetto jerryrigged equipment?

>Odo is a great look into someone's almost childlike introduction to humanoid culture.

You mean Data?

Data sometimes is a kid, sometimes a plot device and sometimes a narrator that explains stuff

Odo is a fedora wearing atheist. Without Quark he wouldn't be noteworthy 2bh

>writers copy shit that works
whoa really makes me think

I think TNG's great, probably the better 'trek' show but DS9 is the stronger show overall. It's also the most modern Trek show, more so then it's successors Voyager and Enterprise.

You could recreate DS9 today and but for minor problems, the show would fit right in with modern television and would probably be a big success.

Also DS9 had the best villains

Data was built by a human and had the memories of all the humans on the planet he was created on, then spent over 20 years in Starfleet, and somehow he didn't understand humans at all but wanted to be one, he was mentally challenged or something.

Odo was some sapient orange goo that spent a few years in a lab under the Cardassian occupation before being brought to DS9 a couple of years before the series started, he thought humanoids were interesting but incomprehensible and he wasn't interested in being more like them, just imposing his sense of order on them. He was a good Security Operative.

>>writers copy shit that works
It wasn't out yet, Babyloser 5ers believe that when they sent their script to Paramount, they rejected it but secretly had Rick Berman and Michael Piller write exactly the same story really quickly and call it Star Trek Deep Space Nine and film and release it before Babylon 5 ever came out.

because
Picard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that gay nigger

Archer has bad taste in everything.

He'll only take his crew to a restaurant that lets dogs sit at the table. Then he'll feed his dog some cheese and laugh every time it farts on Mayweather.

>he was mentally challenged or something.

Data lacked an emotion chip.

Later Lore got it. Later Data also got it.

But Data was used in large part to point out odd things about human culture, jokes, or human emotions.

Data was basically a walking talking autist. And in 5x11, Hero Worship, a boy with traumatic memories admires Data's cold logical nature, feeling neither happiness or sadness.

Data is basically a modern Pinocchio.

DELETE THIS

nah

>it's a show based on science and discovery slips into yet another war episode

Oh wow, a show about space exploration where the fucking ship goes nowhere. It's the best u guise!

It's at a wormhole, the aliens come to them.

I know this shit, but I don't care. Writers copy shit. Writers use material from their experience. Writers use stuff they know. If you read about Straczynski's sources and sources that Star Trek writing staff used you know that they had the same work habits. They were heavily influenced by stuff they got by.

>start with the greeks
They copied their shit too, but who gives a flying fuck. Both are good shows.

I know. But that's like like making 7 Star Wars movies about Mos Eisley.

There's a reason DS9 dropped the whole "these are the voyages" voiceover in the intro, because it could only have Sisko going "these are the non-voyages of a stationary spaceport. Like a grandma sitting in a rocking chair, as all her ugly alien grandchildren come visit her."

I honestly can't comprehend anyone liking any of the Trek series more than TOS.

It probably depends what year someone was born, and which one people saw first.

>the show with the least exploration was the most exciting

weird

Cuck list. Kirk is top

>the show with a sitting duck for multiple seasons is the most exciting

i mean, when a turtle falls on its back, i guess it would be exciting to watch it pack of wolves circle it.

but you can't even call it star "trek." more like star sit: deep space bar.

DS9 tried to be a bit different from the other shows, which is what made it so great.

Also, they did eventually get a ship, which allowed them to explore a bit, but really the show was more about a darker, more political take on the ST universe.

>darker take

Yeah, I saw the episode where Sisko builds an 800-year-old Bajoran solar sailer.

>this much cherry picking

The Dominion War was the most exciting and involved story in all Star Trek shows. You can go enjoy Voyager if you need muh exploration that bad.

I haven't seen most episodes. I'll take your word for it. Most of my exposure to DS9 was by overhearing my mom watch it.

DS9 is Star Trek For Moms.

Really, is it too complicated for a child like you?

Your mom sounds cool, can she hang out here with us?

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

DS9 is not complicated. But just hearing the theme song puts me to sleep.

I wouldn't show Sup Forums to my worst enemy.

I'm not even going to bother giving you a score, because you are just plain awful at trolling. Give it up.

you're late to the party

>Everyone who has a different opinion than me is a troll.

DS9 aired on Sundays and Saturdays, and I'm pretty sure my mom recorded every episode to VHS.

It's a snoozefest.

>DS9 aired on Sundays and Saturdays
Why lie so obviously? The first two seasons aired on Sunday, then the following four aired on Monday, and then the last aired on Wednesday.

>what is syndication

>has saved two entire planets from genocide
>has two of the show's best characters, Miles and Garak go gay for him
>cutest girl on the show fell in love with him
>genetically enhanced to be better than you

How can the other Doctors compete?

Don't try and worm out of your lie (and yes, making a claim about anything but original air dates IS a lie). This is the last post you get until you admit to being a liar.

If you're using Dude moms like it Lmao as an argument then you're probably a troll.

Star Trek is for everyone, including moms.

The day it aired is not the point. And newsflash, it aired on different days for different markets, due to S-Y-N-D-I-C-A-T-I-O-N.

Do you want me to go search for local TV listings from over two decades ago?

The point is that DS9 is a sleeping pill in TV form.

>cutest girl
>total slack
why are ezri fags this delusional?

I'm not even saying that all DS9 episodes are shit or boring. I'm refuting the people who claim it's the best Star Trek TV show.

>The point is that DS9 is a sleeping pill in TV form.
That is because you can't let go of your moms skirt. Grow up already you dumb manchild!

TOS is your dad/grandfather's choice, or a weird nerd that is really into cheesy old sci fi

TNG is normies' choice.

Voyager is hipsters/contrarians' choice.

Enterprise is people who have only watched Enterprise.

DS9 is the choice from people with taste.

Did you know that in Canada they realized that all the pedophiles they arrest are also Star Trek fans?

Makes ya think.

I was waiting for you.

You're refuting this by admitting you haven't seen most the episodes? From the sounds of it you haven't even watched the Dominion War era stuff, which is the show at its peak. Fuck off

So what's your favorite?

Clearly a troll. Official Star Trek rating goes DS9 > TNG > TOS > ENT > Death > VOY.

parks and rec nigga

And do the people who say DS9 is the best, have they seen every episode of Star Trek ever made? That's over 700 live episodes.

I prefer TNG.

Do you think it's a coincidence that DS9 just happened to include two characters from TNG?

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

Not him but I have seen all of ST and it's not that hard to do except for VOY which was just painful.

And? It's not like its hard to see every star trek episode. Either you watched them on television (live or through SYNDICATION) or you're watching them now through netflix.

Having Bajoran Fever was his downfall

I said I haven't seen most DS9 episodes. I had no interest to, after the ones I had seen. I'm simply not interested in most characters on the show.

user suggested I had no right to an opinion of the show if I hadn't seen most of it.

I'm suggesting that most people who favor DS9 haven't seen most live Star Trek episodes anyway.

It's not like every person sits down, grinds through 700 episodes, and then gives it long consideration, and determines DS9 is the best.

These threads are all Reddit-tier circlejerks anyways.

you dont speak of Ezri!

>you're not as tall as I have expected
what did he mean by this?

Seeing this thread makes me realize I never want to have anything to do with other star trek senpaitachi.

ezri a cute

>tfw you realise the reason Jadzia and Ezri are sluts is because Kurzon spent most of his long, perverted life lusting after women and now that he is one he only wants to please his fellow man
Imagine what would have happened if Kurzon stayed in Odo's body.

Jadzia was fucking selfish in that episode, Kurzon allowed Odo to taste and feel while remaining a shapeshifter. It was the best of both worlds for him.

You mean Dax.

By being holograms that don't require extra resources to function while still carrying out their duties.

>EMH was going to be replaced with a Bashir Hologram

holocucked?

The official answer is that TOS=TNG=DS9>VOY>ENT

Ent would be above Voy if it wasn't for the fact that it got cut to only 4 seasons.

The official alternate is TOS=TNG=DS9>VOY=ENT

Who cares what the image looks like. Holographic crewman are objectively better.

Only useful if you have the mobile version from the future. Prior to that, the holodoc was useless unless you could get to the sickbay

TNG is meme trek only enjoyed by meme loving faggots.

TNG has impeccable characters to drive the more politically/philosophically-driven narratives. Is Data sentient? Is there merit in Q's antics? How far did Warf come from his roots? How much of the crew did Diana really bang? These are all really compelling character-based experiences.

DS9 had Quark, the single best character on the show...if only for how flawed, yet, likable he was. The captain was a short fuse, an echo of both Picard and Kirk in terms of depth and use of cun.