What do you imagine the afterlife to be like?

What do you imagine the afterlife to be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wdbGTjoHg38
youtube.com/watch?v=U2bNXrVubrE
amazon.com/dp/0310219922/?tag=iandsorg-20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_case
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty gay, just like you OP

>What do you imagine the afterlife to be like?
Like waiting at the DMV... forever...

At least I'm not literally gay unlike you.
Sounds boring.

Faggot.

Reincarnation or nothing at all. Blank.

I already told you, hit on somebody else.

Black

Cool

There is none.

How do you know?

72 virgins

a land made off his creamy, steamy logs

Suck my cock you disgusting cocksucking piece of shit.

studies on the afterlife

youtube.com/watch?v=wdbGTjoHg38

Endless, contiguious void. No sensation, no sound, no smell, no thinking, no pleasure, no pain, no time. From my perspective, the entire universe has ground to a halt, total cataclysmic failure. Like what happens to a computer when you cut the power - nothing else happens.

This is why I am working my ass off to enjoy every second that I do exist, to better myself, to enrich the lives of my friends (fuck my family, those bastards can die in a chemical fire) and to try to make the world a little less shitty of a place for those who will exist once I am gone.

Give it a rest, not everybody wants to suck a dick.

Hey, I know plenty of women who earnestly love a (clean) dick betweem their lips.

Full of cenobites.

So you sincerely think that each morning you just wake up to a new, bright day on a planet that's revolving around a star casting that light without anything having put you on this planet and the star next to it?

Yea girls love sucking dick.

Well, my whore of a mother squeezed me out of her loose cunt and dumped me on this rock, but yeah, physics and reality dictates that the earth does revolve, the sun does burn, and we currently live and die in this place.
Why, do you have anything that objectivly demonstrates that anything else happens?

How does physics explain the supernatural? 80% of mankind follow a religion, magick works for many people, synchronicities abound. Hell, if you really wanted to you could experience the higher power pretty much today. The universe is really responsive to spirituality.

Like this you nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=U2bNXrVubrE

HAH!
Get a load of this nigger

Mostly indistinguishable from this life. Instead of arguing about whether or not God exists, the cringelords will argue about whether or not they're still in the material world.

>shit

In case you aren't trolling, the universe really is responsive to spirituality. Just pick up the book in pic related and do everything in it. How hard is it to just do what others do in order to know what they experience? Of course it's impossibly hard to spiritual retards like Dawkins et al, but you could personally transcend the idiocy of said skeptics (they aren't all that smart).

I've been a christian before, and have experienced the 'holy spirit' firsthand. Later, once I freed myself of the guilt, shame, and other brainwashing, I was able to replicate the sensation, not by focusing on 'god' but on my right boot and attributing similar qualitied to it in my head. You can do it too.
With enough mental effort, you can trigger that euphoria, and it's not supernatural, it's just another mechanism of your biology.
It is terrifying, knowing you are finite. To know, one day, you won't exist. You won't even be able to think, won't be able to move. Nothing, void. Full fucking stop. Once I got over that full realization and finality of death, I had a solid perspective, not some vague ontangible, nonsense notion of infinite existance, but of definite, singular, finite mortality.
I get a tiny speck of time to exist and interact with this place. Nature is all that is there, I've not seen any obkective evidence of anything beyond hearsay, peddling, and empty promises. 'Supernatural' and 'spiritual' are terms that are so ill-defined that they are effectivly useless. I don't have the time to spend on something that nobody can even demonstrate, that nobody can point to a singularly repeatable physically manifesting example.

>the cringelords will argue about whether or not they're still in the material world.
Prolly not. I mean, the next world is likely as physical as this world, this is just lower. It's easy to prove that this is true by first postulating that this is a simulated reality and for that to be true the simulation is likely a computer program and computers and people using the computers are physical. So why would the dead think they aren't physical? On the other hand, if this isn't a simulation, which is very unlikely, there is still no need to assume that the mind/consciousness/spirit can exist without a physical form as here it requires a physical form to exist.

>Assuming something unprovable to be true
>might as well believe in the jew-shilling god
W H E W B O I
H
E
W
B
I

K. My experiences point to there existing a force in this reality beyond my mind power. But be that as it may, and forgetting NDEs and out of body experiences and basically everything else that should be pointed out, if you don't continue after death how the hell are you aware right now? Wouldn't it be mathematically impossible to be aware only now and never otherwise in all eternity?

Yes. As long as something remains impossible to prove for the time being you can comfortably hide behind the fact that it's theoretical, which however doesn't mean it's not a fact of some other more enlightened era in the future. I'm pretty sure that the consciousness survives death. You heard it first from me. And when we are both dead remember I was right.

Remember what it was like before you were born? It's like that.

But now it isn't like that anymore.

nonexistent

Because brains give rise to consciousness, and my brain is currently active enough to me to be able to interact with the universe, here, and now, not later, or before, because my brain didn't exist then, and won't exist later. It is simple, and needs no extra bullshit tacked onto it.
We are an *inevitability* in the universe. With so much space, so much time, so much matter, it is inevitable that something with our level of complexity would eventually rise and start doing interesting things, like makeing comouters, or talking about the nature of what we're made of, and how everything works.
As it stands though, I am here and exist here and now because that's where my brain, and the patterns of my memory and personality reside, nowhere else. Once my brain ceases to function well enough, I cease to exist.
If you blast your harddrive with a bullet from a gun, it's not going to operate very well anymore, and the information is going to be difficult, if not impossible to recover.
Yeah, it sucks, We don't get to do anything before or after our brains exist, but if you take that as reality demonstrates, You'll be able to spend your time doing what you want more, what's really important to you, and hoopefully leaving the world in less suffering than when you were dumped into it.

Dumb

Finally a fully lucid person in here...

People don't have imagination. Just like expecting a cashier to write a novel. Most people could be just thrown in a meat grinder and nothing would change.

Yeah, It's terrifying. Took me about two weeks to get over the face that I too would face that void on my death. Fuck, I didn't want to leave my house, didn't want to do anything. I was numb and scared out of my mind, trying to imagine pure nothingness.
I essentially grieved for myself, but amplified because I could, and still can see it coming, that indomitable wall of void advaning on me with every second that passes.
It just means every second that it does not hit me yet, is another that I get to do stuff.

Sorry for the typos, have a migraine.

N o t h i n g

You might be facing a void in your mind but that's just your own philosophy playing tricks on you. amazon.com/dp/0310219922/?tag=iandsorg-20

It is a metaphorical thing. I am going to die. I cannot stop, or change that fact. our species as of yet does not have the technology nor the means to save the patterns of our memories and personality beyond our demise, so I have to invest in my finite time here and now, and for those who will exist beyond my death, children.
I was just describing it as a wall because it is the closest analogy that I have right now.
I refuse to delude myself into believing that which cannot be objectivly, repeatedly demonstrated, that which does not physically manifest. We are physical creatures in a physical universe, to assert otherwise without demonstration, can be dismissed out of hand just as easily.

So in other words you believe in eternal oblivion?

I'm glad you've finally caught up on that, but yes, to directly amswer you.
Can you demonstrate that we somehow survive our own brain death? I mean, that would be a really, *REALLY* neat trick.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_case

Well, the consciousness does seem to survive brain death but it remains unproven because you can't measure the consciousness's activity so we only have anecdotal evidence. Of course, when you really think about it, would that aforementioned case have really made it to Wikipedia if there was nothing real to it? Funny thing is, it wouldn't have.

full of sex slave lolis and puppies

How do you know there is?

Non-existent

The same as prelife

Unproven, unable to be repeated, and as you said, anecdotal, and ultimately useless.
Just because it's on Wikipedia, doesn't mean much, especially when all evidence in demonstrable reality shows brains give rise to consciousness, and when a brain degrades and stops working well enough, that 'spark' of consciousness dies with it.
Have you ever lived with anyone who has dementia? You can literally watch the mechanisms of who they are, their memories, even their personality slowly slide away. You are watching brain death in slow motion.

Wish I could daydream in a similar vein but I suffer from intrusive thoughts.

Idyllic fields full of lolis as far as the eye can see.

Sounds like you are unawakened

Are you suggesting I am replying in my sleep? Sleep-Sup Forums-posting?
I can assure you, I am as awake as I can get. Unless you care to elaborate on what you mean by "awakened", you just are making yourself look and sound pretentious.

You know what I meant. Some people are like talking to a wall...materialists...skeptics...they aren't aware or don't because of trolling reasons want to appear that they are aware of the mind's corridors. Of course there is more to this world than meets the eye. Even one performance of the Middle Pillar exercise could awaken one's kundalini so spirituality is very sensitive to the mind. I know that skeptics are liars, as actual retardation is pretty rare, but still, it's funny that some people aren't entirely sure about whether their materialism or emergent materialism isn't true after all because spirituality is "uncool." But at the end of the day the self will go on after death and I was right all along. I know this because I'm never wrong, basically.

to ignore the edgy guy, i think evolution put us here, mabe with a directing hand from a higher being? you know, 2001 style?

Damn, you're too far gone. You've labled the reasonable people as unreasonable, those who tell the truth as liars, and those who take reality on it's own terms as delusional.
In order to maintain your worl view, you've been forced to flip everthing around. I truely pity you, You've (knowingly or not) locked yourself into an echochamber, and when confronted by a person in the open real world, you're forced to lash out, that you're position is impossible to be the wrong one, that you *cannot* be wrong, because the alternative is that you will die, you cannot stop death, and your existance is finite. You will not survive your own brain death, it isn't a fun fact, but the cold hard bare truth rarely is.

spiritual is not really the same as intellegent my dude. i'm average, not claiming i'm a genius, but it ticks me off that some people do beacuse they're "enlightened".

There is no afterlife.

>but the cold hard bare truth rarely is
Hardly a truth, user. No one alive knows what happens after death.

>Remember what it was like before you were born?
Yes
>It's like that.
Nice
To be a soul in all its glorious power again!
So sad some around here dont even remember what they are

Well. The bell curve is a thing and you won't find hardcore skeptics like Randi at the rightmost end. Einstein wasn't a hardcore skeptic and guess why? Einstein wasn't a blockhead.

What is the common theme, for 99.99% of all people who have ever died? Do they finish their dreams and aspirations? Or do they do nothing, and behave as if they no longer exist? Aside from the small percentage of swindlers teying to sell you something, inventing imposibilitues in an attempt to soften the hardest blow of our existance, nonexistance, every person who has ever died doesn't do anything, go anywhere, or think about anything. They decompose like everything else does, and the cycle continues. Your borrowed stardust is used for something else.

The last sentence made me chuckle so much.
> Mathematically impossible
Did you really use the word "mathematically" to sound smart, right here and now?

But.. you don't *know* if we go anywhere. Who knows we'll find ourselves in another dimension immediately after the physical death? What do you say then, that you were secretly right all the time? I bet you will, but are you even sure yourself right now? Are you sure that you aren't just fooling yourself, ignoring the light of spirit displayed by great thinkers and artists?

Pure nothingness. Nonexistence.
Freedom from concern.

A white room with no windows and no doors but only the softest bed. You sleep in it only to choose how you've always wanted to live your life. So I sleep onmly to be put in the shoes of anime MC to marry my waifu and live a happy life, after I die I come back to the same room and can go to my next waifu or relieve the same one but changed things a bit

I'm hoping for a life in personal domain where I'd.become God. But there's definitely no such thing as afterlife unless you count rotting in a grave "afterlife".

>80% of mankind follow a religion
So 80% of mankind is traditionalist, easily fooled/scared, are fooling themselves, or are insane. What's your point?

You just did not. Oh no. Did you just say that what is to be found on Wikipedia defines whether something is real?

Please, type "Cthulhu" in the wikipedia search window and hit enter.

>What's your point?
That the human soul yearns for the spirit.

Please put your own NDE in Wikipedia without it being taken out.

What are you even talking about? You're desperatly reaching and clinging to straws that you can't even show anyone, just vague ideas of what might be. I am taking reality as is demonstrated, from literal billions of examples all over the world. People die. People don't ever behave, or do anything once that happens. If I existed in some capacity beyond my death, I would do everything within my power to return, but not a singular individual has ever objectivly demonstrated anything that remotely comes close to that prospect. Empty promises, hollow assertations of spirit and eternity, cheap smiles ans snake oil as they collect your money, time, and/or efforts for their cause.
I am as certain of my on nonexistance after my death as I am certain that the sun will continue to burn for another five-ish billion years, that the moon will revolve around the earth, that the earth will revolve and give illusion that the sun rises every day, and all for the same reason;
It can be, and has been demonstrated beyond nearly any shadow of a doubt.
I don't gamble, if I have to bet, I make sure the bet is based on evidence, that it is assured and based on things that physically manifest, because those things that don't physically manefist, don't exist, and can be ignored.

>soul
No such thing. Human mind has become too conscious of it's own existence and spirituality is a cry for help and a way to deal with existential crisis.

there is no afterlife , the only life that matters is this one.

I imagine that death is like going to sleep , never dreaming and never waking up .
life is a scam , we are all fucked from birth , life is a cruel bitch that gives us only a taste of being and then its gone.
if there is a he'll then we are all in it

Uh-huh. I hope people so deluded as you are as rare as the retarded people you talk about. By now it is clear you are either trolling or you just cannot see the logical fallacies you use.

hell*

Afterlife is just wish-thinking to relieve yourself of the fear of death and nothingness.

Everything in the universe can be broken down and explained, including life on earth and what our bodies/consciousness is. Its impossible for an afterlife to exist. Sorry to disappoint you.

What in tardation. So many nonbelievers on Sup Forums.

How do you explain prophetic dreams and UFOs?

Naw...... did you swallow the idea that there is something after you die. Nawww.. pet. There's nothing bub. When you die the story ends. You only remain a fading memory in the minds of those you knew.

if all we can do is die then what's the point of life?

life then must be meaningless so why even bother getting out of bed in the mornings....

You speak like a transvestite.

Eh. As the other guy said, I also think you are far too gone in your bubble. You do not see the absurdity of your suggestion? After you die, you meet the great Cthulhu, that is your answer...

>brains give rise to consciousness
Wrong!

Silence, bot!
666 speaks the truth.

>
>Yeah, It's terrifying. Took me about two weeks to get over the face that I too would face that void on my death. Fuck, I didn't want to leave my house, didn't want to do anything. I was numb and scared out of my mind, trying to imagine pure nothingness.
Why do you goys embrace this Nihilism the kikes have designed to ruin you?
>I essentially grieved for myself, but amplified because I could, and still can see it coming, that indomitable wall of void advaning on me with every second that passes.
What void? Where? When? Is it real in your mind?
>It just means every second that it does not hit me yet, is another that I get to do stuff.
Materialism, animal tier memephilosophy. Pathetic and deathbound.

No one said life is meaningless.
Life has the meaning you give it.

If your life is so terrible that you cannot just get up in the morning to enjoy your days, that is sad. No wonder you need metaphysic beliefs then.

Nihilism is something else, pup.

What kikes? Did you mash all the buttons on your remote control at once, bot?

Hm, there is nothing more in your post to reply to, just some generic shitposting...

Projecting much? They never said their life is terrible, just that a purposeless existence is pointless.

darkness, nothing but darkness, light cant escape it and memories fade away, you are neither happy or sad, neither god or man, you drift into eternity on a cloud of apathy. at least that is how my friend explained it as he died in my arms

i've thought of how fictional characters don't have a soul and once you finish watching or reading a story they cease being. maybe we will cease being like that after this short random stay.

You are not your body, dummy

You are not your body, dumbass